1.6 from 1,125 reviews

1.6

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (252)

Disappointing customer service

Bought a product because of a promo where I will receive $100 gift card. Received EXPIRED gift card over the mail. Called Customer Service who told me “sorry, we can’t do anything about it”.

Tina

TinaPerth, WA

STILL NOT SHIPPED !!!

I ordered a handbag over 2 weeks ago !! When I ordered I was suppoed to get it in 5 days !! Here we are 2 weeks out and nothing ! No tracking number nothing ! I email them and all they say is they are behind !! Well duhhh !! They should not have a website if they can't deliver!! I want my friggen handbag !!

Jack

JackWishart

Searching the Shelves for what's left over

Ordered an item of clothing online, I live in Queensland, David Jones has sourced the item in Victoria.
David Jones obviously scouring the country to find out what they have got left on the shelves. Is this new stock I wonder or something that has been hanging arounds for years on display.
I am shocked David Jones hasn't a distribution centre Not at all happy sign of the times uess I should move on.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Poor experience and very poor Customer Service

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Waste of time

Why bother putting sale if you dont stock half a thing listed in different size or in store.
I live in NSW click and collect available in Queensland. Different price for same clothing in different color!

Store LocationOnline
Lena

LenaSouth Australia

Bye bye

David Jones please fix your website. So many people try to purchase and search for an item and get no where. So much time wasted to try and search for an item ...now I'm here then it goes there then it disappears . SO FRUSTRATING!! You are loosing so many sales, everyone are complaining. I have written to you before but without avail so I will not waste any more of my time using your website as it seems you dont want to waste any of your time in retifying the problem. Bye .

Nicole

NicoleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service as expected

The wonderful staff in the shoe department of Chermside David Jones on Saturday 20th June are nothing short of wonderful. They go out of the way to help you find just what your looking for!

Store LocationChermside

Retail assistants busy with their own business.

I asked for information on certain products but was passed around by the retail assistants. Their excuses are ‘sorry, I’m not available, this is not my station, etc’. I’m not coming back to this place ever.

Store LocationDoncaster
Kaz

KazSydney, NSW

Do Not Bother

SARAH

SARAHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible, avoid online store

Ordered a wireless speaker and have been waiting for three weeks for delivery. After lodge enquiries with DJ and Post it turns out being lost..Giving DJ call to resolve, only refund can be issued and still waiting for the refund. Forget to mention, average wait time on the call is one hour.

Engy

EngySydney, NSW

bad online experience

I have tried online shopping with David Jones a few times choosing click and collect. Every time I place an order it goes through and then I receive an email saying your item is cancelled as it is not found. This happened multiple times not only once. I am not even trying to order from DJ again.

Pearl

PearlSydney, NSW

Customer Service is appalling

I have purchased from DJ online a few times and there were no issues. Just bought a fridge from them 2 weeks ago and there has been no ETA. Tried to contact them via, phone, email and live chat and all proven to be very frustrating and unhelpful...

Snorlax

SnorlaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Online order arrived DAMAGED. No one cares!

DON'T TRY TO CALL

David Jones has a centralised system to take phone calls. You are asked by some robot what store you wish to speak to - then you wait... and wait... and wait... Gone are the days when you could call the store direct, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Don't waste your time hoping to eventually to get through because the company won't pay someone to answer the phone. Speaking directly to customers should be part of the service.

Charles

CharlesSydney, NSW

worst possible service from DJ's

Store LocationMarket street Sydney store

Is it a scam?

Online experience is horrible. I ordered a Mac and they asked me to provide the copies of my credit card and ID. Even if I gave them those information, they still cancelled my order. Ridiculous! What a waste of time!
But what can I say? The comments here are unsurprisingly negative. If you care about your privacy and time, you'd better avoid DJ at all cost

Scott Gale

Scott GaleMid North Coast, NSW

There is no other store like David Jones

Living in the country I rely on ordering from Department Stores. I purchase regularly from DJs online and have never had an issue. DJs offers a great range of products and excellent delivery times, even in COVID-19.

Virtual assistant is USELESS

ZERO customer service, on hold for hours, left waiting, phone calls timed out each time. Unable to contact a human in any store. Redirected to the wrong department on the only time I could get through

Mrs J. Fahie

Mrs J. FahiePerth, WA

Complete disregard for customers

I ordered some perfume online from DJ. It took over two weeks to deliver,
At the same time I ordered some clothing from Myer online.
Myer used common sense and delivered from the main Branch in Perth, and it arrived in five days.
David Jones evidently sent my order from the Eastern States . When you try to contact them it is impossible. All you get is the usual rubbish about covid and long delays. If you want people to shop with you, put on more staff when your busy, but you can be sure that this company will not get my business in the future and I hope this means that shops like yours will consider that how you treat your customers in bad times,will come back to bite you when things get better!,

Bron W.

Bron W.asked

David Jones

Is there a postage charge to return an item via post?

tERRY
tERRY

DJ’s don’t cover return postage.

K-Em

They will reimburse you postage if the order is faulty, damaged or incorrect but you will have to pay the postage first and then send through a picture of the receipt, and they will refund you over the phone at a later date. If it's change of mind then you will have to pay it yourself.

jikodos

jikodosasked

David Jones Online Store

If I am a staff member . How doe I get my staff discount without going into the store

Mat.
Mat.

That’s classified.

K-Em

You need to email People Assist and they can set up the discount in your account. It will take them about a week to do it.

Pmiki

Pmikiasked

Hi David Jones Representatives,

I am guessing you are all busy on your phones, as we have been on hold for three hours.

Is anybody working at DJs?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Yep very busy closing stores

Kim D.
Kim D.

Called out about why my order was not dispatched 2 weeks ago and gave me a claim number, 2 weeks after order still progress. I have inform them that I want a refund, and they said they will email a resolution team and should get in to contact with me soon. Still no response.

Kathy B
Kathy B

You have $150 of mine and I have nothing. I ordered estee lauder cream 16/04 in Garden City Booragoon and paid for it. I cannot do anything cannot get through at all on any phone. I guess I will have to go to the store. Big problem as I have just broken my wrist. So its a taxi on top of my $150 already spent. Next step is ombudsman.
Kathleen Bond