1.6 from 1,120 reviews

• Return Claim MadeYes (66) · No

Kirsten

KirstenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling service

I placed an online order for a range of items. Firstly the length of time to receive the goods was terrible. Items were split up. 3 items I ordered still had the security tags on them. I was told the easiest way to get them removed is to go into a store. If I wanted to go into a store I wouldn't have ordered online. Now in the midst of COVID, I am heading out to the post office to send the items back. I am so annoyed!

failure to deliver and refund

I ordered a fridge for $1187 delivered. Not delivered after 6 weeks, asked for refund and told I will get one. 1 week later asked for another refund still none.

Sareh G.

Sareh G.Sydney, NSW

best quality

I buy clothes and shoes for hubby from David Jones online store, yes it can be pricey yet the best quality
I usually shop when they have sale almost monthly or every 2 months they have like 30 percent off clothes
Crazy deals there fast free shipping but gotta be really fast as the good sizes vanish in a blink of an eye.
They return policy is easy i dont go for second thought if i see something good.

Buyer beware!

Purchased an almost $400 coat online and returned it in the Parramatta store on 16/05. I still have no refund and it's 3/06. I called and emailed several times to no avail. No respect for their customers.

falooting

falootingSydney, NSW

DO NOT SHOP ONLINE AT DJs

Order not shipped over a week after order. No reply to emails, online chat wont give any details and wont tell me when it will ship (if it will ship). Wont give my money back.
Worst online shopping experience EVER.

Rik

RikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get a thing right

My partner went to the Bourke street store to buy an air fryer; he came back totally fed up and frustrated because he couldn't get anyone to help him so we both went there the next day; as always they were out of stock (they had what we wanted on display but refused to sell that) so I had to put in an order and have it delivered which I'm loathe to do as the last 2 orders were wrong and had to be returned. No surprise but yes of course, they sent the wrong product so now I have to waste time and leave work to go back and get a refund. We only came here because we were given a gift card otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere near this useless place. I doubt that they will be around for long.

Store LocationBourke Street, Melbourne
Bianca

BiancaSouthwest, VIC

Proven to be idiots 2 times around

agung h.

agung h.Isaacs 2607, ACT

Bought 3 item, to received only 2 item

Bought 2 ben sherman shirt and 1 fred perry small bag on 7 April 2020, got the confirmation email that they will make two shipping for my purchase.

I received first shipment on next week, but only 1 ben sherman shirts. I thought the other one will be in next shipping. But a few day after, there’s only fred perry bag...
Made a complain via email, only to received a reply that I should “carefully look again in the packaging”

Hello!?you think I will missed a shirt inside a plastic Packaging and accidentally threw it to bin Along with the shipping packaging

Until now, 17th may 2020...I haven’t received any reply from them

My first and worse experience online shopping in DJ

Not a good experience

Purchased a jacket on-line which arrived after three weeks. Jacket was two sizes smaller than that ordered. No number available to discuss so sent it back, but had to pay for shipping. No reply tried Help On LIne, on hold for 25 minutes for them to disconnect when I was number one in the queue, so no ability to contact them, they had the jacket and my money and I was out of pocket for postage. Finally, I received an email to say that they didn't have my size and refunded money, still $15.00 out of pocket for postage, Customer service non existent and absolutely no care or interest taken. Never again.

Iduo

IduoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exchange Item still not delivered

John

John

Refused to abide by ACCC consumer rights on their own website.

Store LocationBourke Street

HORRIBLE SERVICE

returned items in store (purchased online with afterpay) so was refunded via afterpay..

3 weeks later I’m still paying this after pay off as they NEVER refunded my afterpay.

Spoke to customer service showing them the after pay order which has the items listed that I returned and they turn around and tell me it’s been returned ...

Fraudulent if you ask me.

Have submitted another email now requesting for it to be reviewed and the response was ‘it’s been returned for order 125263’ funny thing is .. that wasn’t even the order number I gave them !

Hopeless.

Mary H

Mary H

Mailed out a white dress with a permanent marker on it!

Purchased a white dress online. When it arrived after 5 days i unwrapped it to find what appears to be a red permanent marker line/ or lipstick mark on the bottom of the dress.
Called customer service they saud i could return it at a store and then rebuy a new one at a higher price...rather then offering me an exchange...and they wanted me to travel to hornsby(1 hr drive from my house) to get it! Shocking non existent service

Flexicon

FlexiconSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusted

HJN

HJNGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgraceful

On hold for over 2 hours, this was my first order online with DJ, after 2 hours I couldn’t be bothered being on hold. Two emails and still no response.

Extremely slow customer service

I was trying to reach out DJ for almost four weeks now with no success. They delivered a wrong order and I wanted it to be rectified. Spent hours on the phone and online chat, sent pictures and still no response. The answer is that my case with the resolution team... Terrible experience!

Erika

ErikaVictoria

Stock was so old the plastic was disintegrating

Michele

MicheleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusting service in this Covid climate

David Jones accounts seem to be working fine- they took my money for my goods, but only delivered 1 out of 3 items
Same as other reviewers- hours spent on the phone and no reply to repeated emails
I do not want to give them 1 star
I will be using MYER online from now on

Woeful Customer Service

Don’t bother trying to contact David Jones customer service for help with anything, including following up a return or trying to phone a store for help. You will get Liz the virtual assistant who is hopeless and then be put on hold for 1-2 hours with terrible hold music. Centrelink can do better than this. What has happened to this once awesome institution? So disappointing.

Melody

MelodyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

Bron W.

Bron W.asked

David Jones

Is there a postage charge to return an item via post?

tERRY
tERRY

DJ’s don’t cover return postage.

K-Em

They will reimburse you postage if the order is faulty, damaged or incorrect but you will have to pay the postage first and then send through a picture of the receipt, and they will refund you over the phone at a later date. If it's change of mind then you will have to pay it yourself.

jikodos

jikodosasked

David Jones Online Store

If I am a staff member . How doe I get my staff discount without going into the store

Mat.
Mat.

That’s classified.

K-Em

You need to email People Assist and they can set up the discount in your account. It will take them about a week to do it.

Pmiki

Pmikiasked

Hi David Jones Representatives,

I am guessing you are all busy on your phones, as we have been on hold for three hours.

Is anybody working at DJs?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Yep very busy closing stores

Kim D.
Kim D.

Called out about why my order was not dispatched 2 weeks ago and gave me a claim number, 2 weeks after order still progress. I have inform them that I want a refund, and they said they will email a resolution team and should get in to contact with me soon. Still no response.

Kathy B
Kathy B

You have $150 of mine and I have nothing. I ordered estee lauder cream 16/04 in Garden City Booragoon and paid for it. I cannot do anything cannot get through at all on any phone. I guess I will have to go to the store. Big problem as I have just broken my wrist. So its a taxi on top of my $150 already spent. Next step is ombudsman.
Kathleen Bond