David Jones

David Jones (page 4 of 57)

Online Store, Retail Stores
1.6 from 1,124 reviews

1.6

1,125 reviews

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot get appropriate response

I recently received an order and one item was missing. All I can get is assurances that it will arrive soon and to check my tracking.
Nobody listens to the problem.
I cannot get into my account. When I I select change password the system tells me the email address is not on file. When I try to open a new account the system tells me the email address is already on file.
As a former computer systems analyst I suggest their system needs some serious attention.

Carine

CarineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Product never arrives, no assistance

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and did not receive any information regarding that order. I talked to David Jones's live chat agents and they refused to look into it for me. They just kept asking me to check my email and promising the order will be shipped asap.
Will never shop from DJ again, pathetic services and extremely frustrating to deal with.

Tee H

Tee HSydney, NSW

Appalling. Even Click & Collect went out of stock.

appalling

I ordered and paid for an item at least 4 weeks ago. I have written and phoned with no response from David Jones. No product and no information has been received. I am extremely worried about my purchase and do not know who to contact to confirm whether my purchase will arrive.

Not a good experience

Purchased a jacket on-line which arrived after three weeks. Jacket was two sizes smaller than that ordered. No number available to discuss so sent it back, but had to pay for shipping. No reply tried Help On LIne, on hold for 25 minutes for them to disconnect when I was number one in the queue, so no ability to contact them, they had the jacket and my money and I was out of pocket for postage. Finally, I received an email to say that they didn't have my size and refunded money, still $15.00 out of pocket for postage, Customer service non existent and absolutely no care or interest taken. Never again.

Domestic

DomesticGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick delivery, good selection and price

After placing my Mother’s Day order last Friday, then reading reviews here I was very worried that I would receive my order in time. Whilst I have ordered through David Jones before with no issues, I was worried with the current situation and the increase in online orders there may be issues.

I am very happy to report I have received my order today. My order was fulfilled correctly, packaged well and neatly organised. When placing my order I found everything I was after on the site and they were competitive in pricing.

I do agree that ‘old school’ service at most stores has gone down hill ( David Jones included), at this time I am very pleased with my experience.

Iduo

IduoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exchange Item still not delivered

Groaning Shelves

Groaning ShelvesAustralia

Mostly useless - terrible online experience, out of stock, delays

John

John

Refused to abide by ACCC consumer rights on their own website.

Melisa

Melisa

Do not purchase online!!

paji

pajiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hair dryers in David Jones

Be sure you know what hair dryer you want before you purchase from David Jones. I purchased one recently, and asked the sales person a couple of questions which he obviously knew very little about. The answers he gave me were incorrect, wouldn't show me the one in the box and failed to tell me David Jones have a no returns policy on hair dryers. Features of hair dryer also failed to be accurately described on box.
Very disappointed and definitely won't be returning to purchase electrical appliances from David Jones Indooroopilly as they have salespeople selling items they don't know much about.

Mike P

Mike P

Cancelled my order

Spent $200 on a microwave online. Then got email saying they cannot fulfil my order and will process my refund within 5-7 days.
So why is the product still online?

dezzy16

dezzy16

Main issue is Communication

I've bought a vitamix blender and Simpson Front Load washer. Both were well priced and both turned up within a reasonable time frame. The main issues are that the online support is terrible and inaccurate. And the big items like washing machines are drop ship deliveries and the communication between David Jones customer service is non existent. I could never get an ETA for my washing machine and it turned up before they could ever give me one. In short service and communication is terrible but items do turn up.

Not a shred of customer service

Ordered a book and Easter chocolates on 1 April 2020. The book arrived on 18th April and there has been no sign of the chocolates since. Tried emailing three times and holding on the phone three times for at least 50 minutes until I gave up. I understand that the circumstances are difficult, but David Jones should be delivering some degree of customer service. I will make sure that I never deal with this company again - pity, as David Jones used to pride themselves on their service!

Teresa R.

Teresa R.Sydney, NSW

Abolutely Appalling!!

Trying to get through on the phone is a JOKE. 1st time i waited 1.5hrs and 2nd time, 2.47hrs, Hugh the 1st operator couldn't wait to get me off the phone, and was rude. Isabelle 2nd time, opened a case a week and half a ago and i still have not recieved a reply. i sent her an email last week to follow it up, still no reply. I really thought David Jones was up there premium level, sadly not!! The Customer service in other stores such as Myers, Big W, Target, Best and Less and supermarkets is way more professional. Good luck with buying on line and trying to get through to the call centre with Liz their virtual operator, could not even get through to their Miranda store last week. Had to drive there and leave my elderly father on his own.

Still waiting for order

Placed an order online(order number :12940568) on 5-Apr-20 and I am still waiting for the delivery.
I have been chasing daily for any update since 17-Ap-20 and every time I am promised a resolution but no action, same old story, same old excuse - we will get back to you.
On 28-Apr-20, I requested(on chat) for a refund - which was declined saying that it can done by support team and I have not way to reach them.
Also, i was told due to systems limitations and organisational limitations, my case cannot be expedited

Kane St Kane

Kane St KaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pay extra for express delivery and just get parcel post.

customer service

I bought goods in store for delivery, the store sales person entered my old address from my licenses. I have been trying to reach their 1800 number to have the delivery address updated. I have not been successful, I was put on hold for an hour this morning which I dropped off and now once again I am on hold for 45 minutes without any response. There is no options for self service and there is no update on the wait times or indication of your position on the queue.

Anthony G.

Anthony G.Sydney, NSW

Fast delivery with no hassles

Due to the negative comments others are leaving, I will detail my positive experience. On the same day we ordered one item from David Jones Online and another item from another well known store. I found the David Jones store was easy to navigate and the item was a great price. The key was in the delivery time with the David Jones item arriving 1 day before the item from the other store. I can recommend the service and I have no hesitation to order again.

Sharon W.

Sharon W.Northern Region, NSW

NIL customer service online

Do not buy from DJ's online. Wrong product delivered. Can not get answer where my purchase is - have called 8 times. Takes forever to get thru to an online customer operator. Dreadful service - so disappointed. Noone returns calls. Still waiting.

Bron W.

Bron W.asked

David Jones

Is there a postage charge to return an item via post?

tERRY
tERRY

DJ’s don’t cover return postage.

K-Em

They will reimburse you postage if the order is faulty, damaged or incorrect but you will have to pay the postage first and then send through a picture of the receipt, and they will refund you over the phone at a later date. If it's change of mind then you will have to pay it yourself.

jikodos

jikodosasked

David Jones Online Store

If I am a staff member . How doe I get my staff discount without going into the store

Mat.
Mat.

That’s classified.

K-Em

You need to email People Assist and they can set up the discount in your account. It will take them about a week to do it.

Pmiki

Pmikiasked

Hi David Jones Representatives,

I am guessing you are all busy on your phones, as we have been on hold for three hours.

Is anybody working at DJs?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Yep very busy closing stores

Kim D.
Kim D.

Called out about why my order was not dispatched 2 weeks ago and gave me a claim number, 2 weeks after order still progress. I have inform them that I want a refund, and they said they will email a resolution team and should get in to contact with me soon. Still no response.

Kathy B
Kathy B

You have $150 of mine and I have nothing. I ordered estee lauder cream 16/04 in Garden City Booragoon and paid for it. I cannot do anything cannot get through at all on any phone. I guess I will have to go to the store. Big problem as I have just broken my wrist. So its a taxi on top of my $150 already spent. Next step is ombudsman.
Kathleen Bond