Deliciou Bacon Seasoning

Deliciou Bacon Seasoning

4.1

John P

John PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It doesn't taste like bacon

I'm confused by all of these positive reviews as it just doesn't taste like bacon, much as I was hoping it would. The closest taste description I can get to is the spiced peanut party mix or something. I'm sure it has its place as a flavour enhancer but I'm not getting the bacon thing at all. It actually ruined some perfectly good eggs this morning.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths for $4.99.

Katie

Katie

Doesn't live up to the hype

I noticed this being sold in Woolworths, so I kept an eye out for when it went on special. Bought it for only $3.90 so didn't waste too much money on it thankfully. Doesn't taste like bacon, I don't really know how to explain it. It doesn't even at least smell like it. The packaging is rubbish too, I find it hard to shake out the seasoning onto anything hot.
I tried to leave a review on their website, but was obviously not accepted, since I bought it from woolies not direct. Will not be purchasing again. I agree with another reviewer, it might taste like bacon to someone who has never eaten it? Leave the vegan products for the vegans!

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $3.90.

Bozzy

BozzyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Tastes nothing like bacon!

Deliciou Bacon Seasoning tastes nothing like bacon. If you are buying it for this reason, you will be sorely disappointed. Saw it advertised with people gushing how it made everything “taste like bacon”. As it is marketed to the vegan market, I’m guessing most of these comments are from people who have never ever tasted bacon. Having said that, the taste was OK.
Nothing wonderful. Nothing repulsive. Just a rather bland herb mix with a faint taste of smoke. I wouldn’t bother buying it again.

Food & Drink Products