Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series

MPN: A510830AU

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RedM

RedM

Don't buy this lemon

It was a mistake to purchase this laptop. I've only had it for 6 months, it hardly gets used, but It is either frustratingly slow or it just freezes. It cannot handle Microsoft Office and even takes a long time to open a picture or create folder. It should not have been allowed for retail sale. Decision made = never purchase another Dell!

Purchased in February 2019 at Dell Australia for $800.00.

kmitchell_Vic

kmitchell_VicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It is the slowest laptop I have ever had. And I had a laptop in the early 90s!

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

MumTo3

MumTo3

Frustrating machine!

I really hate this laptop! I bought it whilst my other laptop was getting fixed under warranty which was taking too long and am I regretful! It’s slow, painfully slow. It lags, A LOT! Watching movies etc is very laggy. The start up takes forever! It freezes a lot. The speakers were fine the first 2 weeks, now can barely hear any sound.
My advice, stay away!

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Stuart C.

Stuart C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A solid budget level laptop

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $549.00.

Jackie

JackieCentral Queensland, QLD

Slow performance, ongoing wifi issues and limited battery life

It has taken 3 weeks and many phone hours to get this laptop to a point where the performance is almost acceptable. The main problem is very slow download, zero upload. The router replacement made no difference. After reading users reviews it seems many others have had the same problems, short battery life, slow performance and wifi issues. One user had success after uninstalling SmartByte, I did the same and it really made a difference. I now have some Upload, not terrific, but some. My main question is that reviews for more than a year are all complaining about the same thing, so why has dell not done something about it. And if someone can provide me direct access to dell by phone or email, I would very much appreciate it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB HiFi Mackay for $1,189.00.

Never again

A few months ago I made a warranty request for the charger due to a conduit clean break. I had always stored this cable as per the photo on the Dell site. Their reply, I stood on the cable, also chargers and cables aren't covered. I had constant problems with the network cable and wireless adapter. I have performed numerous troubleshoot to fix this. It operates for awhile then it repeats. A technician has advised me to buy a laptop from a company with better products, customer service and warranty. I should have learnt my lesson with my XPS i7.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

JJJ

JJJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

waste of time

bought the unit on the 9/6/19 took it home was on it for about 10mins started to play up, did not come back on... JB replaced the unit with a new one on the 10/6/19. . was working.. then internet was dropping out had to keep using the tool to restore the connection, I will be returning this unit as I am spending more time try to connect to the internet an no work is being done.. How is it possible that a company can build a unit that has so many issues.. It was around $700. Will not purchase a dell model again.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $740.00.

Complete Fraud!

Slowest computer I've ever seen in my life and i grew up in the 80's during the green screen. Completely worthless to even open takes hours to open a email, and its brand new!!!! I dont even know what else to say other than never ever ever will i buy a dell computer. And i suggest you do the same and spend your money on something that actually works.

Purchased in June 2018 at Staples.com.au for $500.00.

mwnew

mwnewHunter Region, NSW

Slowest laptop ever

I cant believe that this laptop can be so slow for something so new. Good processor but just doesn't work. I will never buy a Dell again, Had an MPS years ago. Never again!!

Purchased in March 2019 for $640.00.

Pathetic

Worst laptop I ever used.. it's lagging when i'm writing this.. so slow that sometimes i fear to start ms excel. purchased it one month back now i am thinking to purchase a new laptop. it takes a long to start up. wifi detector stop working frequently... even i'm connected on it and working its suddenly shows no wifi no internet connection.

Purchased in March 2019.

Terrible laptop, do not buy

Just needed laptop for simple Microsoft office use and internet browsing. So so so SLOW! Takes about a minute per click to do just the simplest tasks, internet always drops out and requires restarting. Took back after two weeks of frustration

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $750.00.

pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Painfully Slow

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Look2URcenter

Look2URcenterDana Point

AWFUL laptop

A work friend needed a computer and I sort of did too, so we each bought one, thinking I could help her learn more about the computer and some software. Both of us have had the exact same response, that it is the most frustrating computer ever. We both have basically refused to waste any time to even open it, it is that slow. Everything we chose to do is a laborious job. Obviously I would not recommend anyone wasting their $500 on this worthless laptop. If you insist, I’ll send you mine! Free and barely touched!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Daniel R

Daniel RMelbourne

DO NOT BUY!!

Do not buy under any circumstances. Terrible laptop.. As soon as I got it I kept getting a blue error screen. I spent at least 4-5 hours of my time on phone and chat the first week with Dell tech support after they said it was a hardware issue. They refused to replace it so I kept trying till I eventually gave up as they obviously hoped.. I'm not getting the blue screen anymore, but I have the most unresponsive laptop in history. The simplest of tasks takes forever for it. I've got fibre to the premises supercharged plan with 30 plus mbps download speed and it's still incredibly slow. Will never buy a Dell again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jeff

Jeff

Lasted 4 weeks

Stopped working after 4 weeks. Was reasonably happy until then.
Tech support email does not work.
Wasted phone call to them. Go through the whole robot routine to eventually be told that I am too early and to call back later.
I am a veteran with failing eyesight so find my phone difficult to type on so please forgive mistakes.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

As much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Dell inspiron. I paid 649$ for what has turned out to be not only the most I have paid for a computer, and the worst quality.
Under no circumstances buy this unit if you rely on a laptop a lot for work and or study.
It's not a unit that you can rely on even for the most basic functions, emails, searches,and also a number of general random malfunctions.
Not happy at all with it, I have returned it to j.b. hifi, who have told me the best they can do is return it to Dell, will fix it with .new or RECONDITIONED??? Parts
Seriously bad service. For 200 less you get much better quality I recommend Lenovo. Pees peeps. Good luck in cyberspace

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hunk of Junk

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Returning for a different brand of laptop

Just purchased this laptop yesterday. Got it set up, and first thing, a pop up that it has an old version of Microsoft Windows10!! I tried to update it as suggested and it failed to update. A new computer should not have an old version of anything!!! I will not exchange this for another Dell inspiron 15 3000!! I will get a refund and buy a different brand, even if I have to pay more for it. Also very slow to respond when I was setting up to use. My desktop is about 9 years old and still very fast!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bubblinky

BubblinkyFraser Coast

Really pleased

Upgraded for work, from a small slow laptop & am really happy with size.
Keyboard buttons perfect size, love the internal disc drive, card reader & usb ports (3 in total).
I did need to buy a usb hub as I needed more ports, no big deal, as for a basic user, the supplied 3 is usually enough.
Great size monitor & lighting.
Fast.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This Laptop is slow, slow, slow. If you have a bad temper this rubbish is not for you

Bought this 3000 series Dell for 600 bucks with low expectations on performance and operation. Confirmed all my suspicions when I went to use Chrome to load basic streaming videos...ran at early 2000's laptop speeds....only really get this laptop if you want to to perform basic functions....prepare to be annoyed, fustrated and down-right angry at times.......

Date PurchasedJul 2018