Dell Inspiron 15

Dell Inspiron 15 (page 2 of 5)

3000 Series, 5000 Series and 7000 Series

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dodzee

DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

very nice 2 in 1 laptop

This 2 in 1 laptop (the Inspiron 7586) is very handy and easy to use, the keyboard is silent and backlit which make it easy to work within darkness also priced reasonably plus comes with Dell tech support

Coco

CocoSydney, NSW

Do Not Buy it

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,200.00.

Anju

AnjuSydney, NSW

Bad connectivity

At first the laptop looks good and is light weight as well, but within 3 months of use the internet connectivity drops out every 10mins, or sometimes in 3 mins. This is a bad choice for online working environment . I bought this for my university assignment but never allow me to upload something because of the connections dropping problems . Waste of money and time . Never buy this , this laptop seriously has problem with wifi connections .

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Upfront momma

Upfront mommaGold coast

Great laptop great price up to 1 Terabite of memory

This dell laptop is a great price and does everything you will ever need in a laptop . With 1 t rb of memory. Extraordinary for a laptop
Easy set up i love the screen size and the picture clarity is superb. Windows 10 is the perfect os giving you every option you will ever need..
I had to purchase norton antivirus separately which i feel should be built in,
Also Very heavy would be my only negatives
I love the card reader slot making it very user friendly when viewing photos, videos etc and the picture quality is vibrant.All in all, A very good price and a breeze to use.. Whether for home, study or work i highly recommend this Dell laptop

Date PurchasedSep 2018

pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Painfully Slow

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Look2URcenter

Look2URcenterDana Point

AWFUL laptop

A work friend needed a computer and I sort of did too, so we each bought one, thinking I could help her learn more about the computer and some software. Both of us have had the exact same response, that it is the most frustrating computer ever. We both have basically refused to waste any time to even open it, it is that slow. Everything we chose to do is a laborious job. Obviously I would not recommend anyone wasting their $500 on this worthless laptop. If you insist, I’ll send you mine! Free and barely touched!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Daniel R

Daniel RMelbourne

DO NOT BUY!!

Do not buy under any circumstances. Terrible laptop.. As soon as I got it I kept getting a blue error screen. I spent at least 4-5 hours of my time on phone and chat the first week with Dell tech support after they said it was a hardware issue. They refused to replace it so I kept trying till I eventually gave up as they obviously hoped.. I'm not getting the blue screen anymore, but I have the most unresponsive laptop in history. The simplest of tasks takes forever for it. I've got fibre to the premises supercharged plan with 30 plus mbps download speed and it's still incredibly slow. Will never buy a Dell again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jeff

Jeff

Lasted 4 weeks

Stopped working after 4 weeks. Was reasonably happy until then.
Tech support email does not work.
Wasted phone call to them. Go through the whole robot routine to eventually be told that I am too early and to call back later.
I am a veteran with failing eyesight so find my phone difficult to type on so please forgive mistakes.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Sezzle

SezzleMaryborough

Mega Disappointment

I purchased my Dell after loving my previous Dell. When it arrived it had no sound, so Dell arranged a tech to repair, hey were efficient with that. However the laptop performance is absolutely terrible. Slow to turn on, start up, takes literally minutes to open a photo, it's so unbearable I barely use it. The newer models feel cheaply made too compared to my previous one. I won't buy another one that's for sure!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

As much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Dell inspiron. I paid 649$ for what has turned out to be not only the most I have paid for a computer, and the worst quality.
Under no circumstances buy this unit if you rely on a laptop a lot for work and or study.
It's not a unit that you can rely on even for the most basic functions, emails, searches,and also a number of general random malfunctions.
Not happy at all with it, I have returned it to j.b. hifi, who have told me the best they can do is return it to Dell, will fix it with .new or RECONDITIONED??? Parts
Seriously bad service. For 200 less you get much better quality I recommend Lenovo. Pees peeps. Good luck in cyberspace

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Darwish

DarwishAustralian Capital Territory

Good but..

bought it for gaming its a good laptop with good size screen, however it requires few ram upgrade for gaming. worked perfectly now for 2 years i do recommend it but i think there is more in the market better even for gaming or basic. however Dell is Dell its the best laptop ever.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hunk of Junk

Date PurchasedDec 2017

RT2

RT2Australia

Think twice before buying

Laptop less than 15 months old. Easy use at home 2-3 times per week. Screen hinge broke!!! Separated Screen and case. Sent photos to dell. Initially told they would send a tech to repair then told they would not as out of warranty. Should be covered byAus Consumer Guarantee. Think twice before buying Dell. Looking at reviews it is a fairly common problem. So bad they have even written a policy to cover not repairing hinges. Feel totally let down.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Download sometime is very slow

My Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop computer download is very slow (about 70% time is slow) if compare with my 8 years old Dell Vostro desktop computer (about only 10% slow) both use the same internet provider, the other operation is reasonable ok, the help service from Dell's agent is quite good.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Worst laptop purchase decision I ever made

Two weeks into purchasing the computer afobe flash player is no longer working. This came free with the computer. Tried updating and redownloading, all of a sudden this computer does not support flash player. Between Adobe. Dell and Geek Squad support noone can figure out why. Zip files are not working properly. Battery life is like 1 hr. Everytime I try to use any kind of software on this computer I run into an issue. I have not had success with not one software download. Paid

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A Huge Disappointment

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Jay

Jay

Efficient, Budget Gaming Laptop

Purchased for use personally as well as at university. In terms of personal use the laptop has been great. Excellent storage, but it is difficult to choose to store data on the HDD rather than the solid state. The hardware of the laptop is self-explanatory and functions well with the exception of the track-pad which can sometimes get stuck or become unresponsive requiring a restart. In terms of portability the laptop is large and heavy, but I purchased the laptop with full awareness and this is a rather obvious drawback of buying a gaming laptop. The battery life is excellent and can survive a full day provided minimal applications are used.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ASeb

ASebNSW, 2135

Really good

impressive quad-core performance. If it is with a ssd its performance is great. COmes with reasonable price and tablet-morphing abilities make it a compelling—and powerful—mid-range ultrabook.
The Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is an affordable 15-inch laptop with solid 8th Gen Core performance, but it's hindered by a horrible display and brief battery life

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Paul EasthamAU

Just dont buy Dell

I bought an Inspiron 15 5000,,, paid top dollar,,, it had trouble from when I first turned it on...
After 2 weeks it refused to turn on,, 2 weeks later I'm still battling with Dell for warranty.
They admit over the phone they have a problem with this Laptop,, hence no replacement parts are available..
I have spoken to Dell in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, India, Sydney and Melbourne,,, but just get pushed off..
They dont have an answer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Returning for a different brand of laptop

Just purchased this laptop yesterday. Got it set up, and first thing, a pop up that it has an old version of Microsoft Windows10!! I tried to update it as suggested and it failed to update. A new computer should not have an old version of anything!!! I will not exchange this for another Dell inspiron 15 3000!! I will get a refund and buy a different brand, even if I have to pay more for it. Also very slow to respond when I was setting up to use. My desktop is about 9 years old and still very fast!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018