Dell Inspiron 15

Dell Inspiron 15 (page 2 of 6)

3000 Series, 5000 Series, 7000 Series

2.4

MumTo3

MumTo3

Frustrating machine!

I really hate this laptop! I bought it whilst my other laptop was getting fixed under warranty which was taking too long and am I regretful! It’s slow, painfully slow. It lags, A LOT! Watching movies etc is very laggy. The start up takes forever! It freezes a lot. The speakers were fine the first 2 weeks, now can barely hear any sound.
My advice, stay away!

Purchased in June 2019 for A$800.00.

Think twice about buying

Use less than a year, the screen hinges broke!! And the warranty does not cover! I have not even bring the laptop out or carry around much.Would not consider buying again! So disappointed!

Purchased in December 2018.

Stuart C.

Stuart C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A solid budget level laptop

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$549.00.

Jackie

JackieCentral Queensland, QLD

Slow performance, ongoing wifi issues and limited battery life

It has taken 3 weeks and many phone hours to get this laptop to a point where the performance is almost acceptable. The main problem is very slow download, zero upload. The router replacement made no difference. After reading users reviews it seems many others have had the same problems, short battery life, slow performance and wifi issues. One user had success after uninstalling SmartByte, I did the same and it really made a difference. I now have some Upload, not terrific, but some. My main question is that reviews for more than a year are all complaining about the same thing, so why has dell not done something about it. And if someone can provide me direct access to dell by phone or email, I would very much appreciate it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB HiFi Mackay for A$1,189.00.

Never again

A few months ago I made a warranty request for the charger due to a conduit clean break. I had always stored this cable as per the photo on the Dell site. Their reply, I stood on the cable, also chargers and cables aren't covered. I had constant problems with the network cable and wireless adapter. I have performed numerous troubleshoot to fix this. It operates for awhile then it repeats. A technician has advised me to buy a laptop from a company with better products, customer service and warranty. I should have learnt my lesson with my XPS i7.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

JJJ

JJJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

waste of time

bought the unit on the 9/6/19 took it home was on it for about 10mins started to play up, did not come back on... JB replaced the unit with a new one on the 10/6/19. . was working.. then internet was dropping out had to keep using the tool to restore the connection, I will be returning this unit as I am spending more time try to connect to the internet an no work is being done.. How is it possible that a company can build a unit that has so many issues.. It was around $700. Will not purchase a dell model again.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$740.00.

Complete Fraud!

Slowest computer I've ever seen in my life and i grew up in the 80's during the green screen. Completely worthless to even open takes hours to open a email, and its brand new!!!! I dont even know what else to say other than never ever ever will i buy a dell computer. And i suggest you do the same and spend your money on something that actually works.

Purchased in June 2018 at Staples.com.au for A$500.00.

mwnew

mwnewHunter Region, NSW

Slowest laptop ever

I cant believe that this laptop can be so slow for something so new. Good processor but just doesn't work. I will never buy a Dell again, Had an MPS years ago. Never again!!

Purchased in March 2019 for A$640.00.

Maree S

Maree SPerth, WA

Don't waste your money

Its only a few months old and keeps on blacking out. So slow and just keeps on blacking out and stopping. Always have to do a hard shut down to get it working.

November 26th 2019 Update: Worked only for 2 months

It stopped working after 2 months, it took the tech to come out twice and replace parts but it never really worked again. I buy 2 laptops a year, and will never buy another DELL again. Support is good but it should have been replaced. Cant ring support for my warranty on the parts as that expired. I will never recommend DELL to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$900.00.

Pathetic

Worst laptop I ever used.. it's lagging when i'm writing this.. so slow that sometimes i fear to start ms excel. purchased it one month back now i am thinking to purchase a new laptop. it takes a long to start up. wifi detector stop working frequently... even i'm connected on it and working its suddenly shows no wifi no internet connection.

Purchased in March 2019.

Remya

Remya

Very slow

This boots up very slowly. Applications take forever to load. Moreover, support for this laptop is non-existent. I could have done better for the price that I had paid for the laptop.

Purchased in September 2017 at Dell Australia for A$800.00.

DON'T BUY

DON'T BUY. Laptop is the slowest I have ever seen in my life, even if the configuration are the highest, this doesn't mean it will work any better. Chrome can barely open, pressing on things take forever, internet keeps dropping, laptop keeps heating up. I already asked for a refund. This is one of the worst products I have ever bought in my entire life. DON'T BUY!

Purchased in December 2017 for A$1,080.00.

Terrible laptop, do not buy

Just needed laptop for simple Microsoft office use and internet browsing. So so so SLOW! Takes about a minute per click to do just the simplest tasks, internet always drops out and requires restarting. Took back after two weeks of frustration

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$750.00.

Dodzee

DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

very nice 2 in 1 laptop

This 2 in 1 laptop (the Inspiron 7586) is very handy and easy to use, the keyboard is silent and backlit which make it easy to work within darkness also priced reasonably plus comes with Dell tech support

Coco

CocoSydney, NSW

Do Not Buy it

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Anju

AnjuSydney, NSW

Bad connectivity

At first the laptop looks good and is light weight as well, but within 3 months of use the internet connectivity drops out every 10mins, or sometimes in 3 mins. This is a bad choice for online working environment . I bought this for my university assignment but never allow me to upload something because of the connections dropping problems . Waste of money and time . Never buy this , this laptop seriously has problem with wifi connections .

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Upfront momma

Upfront mommaGold coast

Great laptop great price up to 1 Terabite of memory

This dell laptop is a great price and does everything you will ever need in a laptop . With 1 t rb of memory. Extraordinary for a laptop
Easy set up i love the screen size and the picture clarity is superb. Windows 10 is the perfect os giving you every option you will ever need..
I had to purchase norton antivirus separately which i feel should be built in,
Also Very heavy would be my only negatives
I love the card reader slot making it very user friendly when viewing photos, videos etc and the picture quality is vibrant.All in all, A very good price and a breeze to use.. Whether for home, study or work i highly recommend this Dell laptop

Date PurchasedSep 2018
pebble

pebbleWA, 6530

Painfully Slow

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Look2URcenter

Look2URcenterDana Point

AWFUL laptop

A work friend needed a computer and I sort of did too, so we each bought one, thinking I could help her learn more about the computer and some software. Both of us have had the exact same response, that it is the most frustrating computer ever. We both have basically refused to waste any time to even open it, it is that slow. Everything we chose to do is a laborious job. Obviously I would not recommend anyone wasting their $500 on this worthless laptop. If you insist, I’ll send you mine! Free and barely touched!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Daniel R

Daniel RMelbourne

DO NOT BUY!!

Do not buy under any circumstances. Terrible laptop.. As soon as I got it I kept getting a blue error screen. I spent at least 4-5 hours of my time on phone and chat the first week with Dell tech support after they said it was a hardware issue. They refused to replace it so I kept trying till I eventually gave up as they obviously hoped.. I'm not getting the blue screen anymore, but I have the most unresponsive laptop in history. The simplest of tasks takes forever for it. I've got fibre to the premises supercharged plan with 30 plus mbps download speed and it's still incredibly slow. Will never buy a Dell again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018