DeLonghi Brillante Kettle

After 2 years it disintegrated inside

I never noticed until my mother wanted a black tea ! The cup was full of tiny particles of plastic ! Not sure of the health& safety of this item , but will definitely be contacting the company

Purchased in April 2017.

Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Plastic disintegrated

Expensive kettle and plastic has disintegrated around the spout. Shocked to find the warranty is only 1 year from date of purchase. At this price, i thought i was getting quality and expected it to last a longer. Also a lot noisier than expected. Would not recommend.

Purchased in November 2018 at David Jones for $120.00.

Katangie

KatangieAU

Nice looking but not good quality

After 2years, the plastic on inside of spout started to disintegrate, the plastic on the lower part of the lid and top of kettle around silver edging breaking away. Pricey product, poor quality. Had a stainless steel Russell Hobbs for 20years before it gave up.

Denise

DeniseSydney, NSW

Extra Noisy

Love the look of my red kettle , but the noise is unbelievable which I find surprising for such an expensive kettle.The water boils quite quickly , but it is difficult to see the water level .

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Not happy with product

For a good looking kettle it’s not very practical. Doesn’t pour easily. Shouldn’t have thrown out my 30yo Russell Hobs kettle!! I definitely don’t recommend this kettle for people with arthritis.

Purchased in December 2019.

The inner surface of the spout disintegrates over time.

The interior surface of the kettle spout has significantly disintegrated. It was detected as powdery residue in our water. Kettle purchase date is within 2 years. It is unknown how long we have been ingesting this powdery residue. I have made a formal complaint to DeLonghi. I do not recommend this product.

Sue Parkes

Sue ParkesCentral, SA

A big disappointment.

I was quite excited when I bought my new Delonghi kettle and it worked well. Unfortunately though after about 8 months there was a definite plastic taste to the boiled water. Upon inspection inside I found the plastic was breaking down. A white dust came off if you rubbed your finger inside. A big disappointment.

Purchased in September 2018 at Big W.

Disintegrating Plasic

Made the mistake of purchasing two of these kettles , as they were very light , attractive and stylish but over a short period of time the plastic deterioration was substantial , as plastic particles from the kettle was mixing with the water , would not recommend purchasing.

Purchased in February 2018 for $110.00.

TobiasD

TobiasDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Plastic disintegration! Avoid!!

Kettle looks great. Plastic water level indicator has broken down even though it’s out of direct sunlight and disintegrated resulting in us getting scalded trying to use it once boiled.

Purchased in March 2018.

Michael

MichaelSydney

Good looking Kettle

It's a good looking kettle and fits in well with my kitchen. It's quite and easy to keep clean. The water reader is located under the handle and can be hard to read. Water heats up quite quickly and taste isn't effected by the heating of the water. Overall a good kettle.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very disappointing

I will have the model but not at hand at time of writing this ...love the look of my kettle ...pretty noisy but can deal with that ....bought this just before we left for a month long holiday oct/nov and today the 21 nov 2018 I boiled kettle and it just kept boiling spewing hot water over everyone including the power switch .....turned off and let it sit for a few hours to try again ....same thing ....the kettle wasn’t anywhere near full!!!! Taking back to Good Guys in Midland Perth today!!! Potentially very dangerous in my opinion!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Carolyn

Carolyn

Lovely looking kettle but plastic!

Had the kettle 3 years and then it began to leak. Electrics were still fine but it had to go to land fill. Appearance is great and I initially thought I was buying a metal kettle but it's plastic and like all plastic kettles its finish detiorates over time and the plastic breaks down. I've now replaced it with a stainless kettle.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Marta

MartaBrisbane

Happy so far

It works great. Purchased today at BigW. Very quiet kettle. It is stylish and nice to look at. But the kettle looks better on photos then in reality. However, it takes for ages to boil water (about 5 min or more to boil 1.7 L). Our old cheap kettle from Kmart was faster)) Very lightweight. You can not overfill this kettle because of the steal water level inside. I am happy with my purchase so far.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Soso

SosoSydney, NSW

Disintegrating plastic

Our kettle started disintegrating on the inside, white plastic was melting into the water. Make sure you check your kettle, we have been boiling water for out twin boys in this kettle for 2 years! Very scary! Don't know how long this was happening before we noticed, there should be a warning about shelf life on the product packaging.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jacqui O

Jacqui OMelbourne

Quick and relatively quiet kettle

I only recently purchased this kettle from Myer, however so far so good. It heats the water much faster than my previous kettle and it is relatively quiet. It is also very aesthetically pleasing. I do have two minor criticisms, one is that the power light is in an odd spot and I sometimes find it difficult to find. I also find that I tend to overfill it because the water gauge is also in an add spot and I cannot see it when I am filling the kettle. Other than that, I am happy with this purchase so far.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Cosmic

CosmicSydney

Quite good

We liked it. Got about 5 years out of it, using many times during the day.
Plastic looks better in photos than real life, but its a decent item.
Quiet as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Ok, until it started disintegrating

This kettle is stylish and relatively practical. We have had ours for approx 4 years, however, the spout has started disintegrating, leaving flaking plastic in the water. So, even though the kettle itself works perfectly, I have to dispose of it. Very disappointing as far as contributing to landfill unnecessarily and also putting our health at risk. The next kettle we get will be made of metal.

Date PurchasedSept 2013
kylie1983

kylie1983Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this

Love love love my delonghi black diamond look kettle, heats water quite quickly, so simple and easy to clean, came in a fantastic range of colours with also having a matching toaster. If I had to pick something bad I think for the money it shouldn't be plastic but other than that I lovvvve it

Date PurchasedOct 2016

looks good but noisy

Looks great, and matches my toaster, BUT this is now the 3rd kettle(same model)see how long this one lasts. 1st one blew up , 2nd one (REPLACEMENT)kept going off before it had boiled so exchanged it again, major downside: it is definately the noisiest kettle I have ever had.cannot hear the TV in lounge if we don't shut the kitchen door.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Boils Perfect Cup of Tea

Or so my wife says! We both love this kettle, because it seems to always boil our water the right temperature. We have had this kettle for two years now, and have had no issues, whereas, other kettles have only really lasted us around 12 months only. The external casing does not over heat like other kettles.

Date PurchasedNov 2015