DeLonghi Brillante Kettle

Good looking Kettle

It's a good looking kettle and fits in well with my kitchen. It's quite and easy to keep clean. The water reader is located under the handle and can be hard to read. Water heats up quite quickly and taste isn't effected by the heating of the water. Overall a good kettle.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very disappointing

I will have the model but not at hand at time of writing this ...love the look of my kettle ...pretty noisy but can deal with that ....bought this just before we left for a month long holiday oct/nov and today the 21 nov 2018 I boiled kettle and it just kept boiling spewing hot water over everyone including the power switch .....turned off and let it sit for a few hours to try again ....same thing ....the kettle wasn’t anywhere near full!!!! Taking back to Good Guys in Midland Perth today!!! Potentially very dangerous in my opinion!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Lovely looking kettle but plastic!

Had the kettle 3 years and then it began to leak. Electrics were still fine but it had to go to land fill. Appearance is great and I initially thought I was buying a metal kettle but it's plastic and like all plastic kettles its finish detiorates over time and the plastic breaks down. I've now replaced it with a stainless kettle.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Happy so far

It works great. Purchased today at BigW. Very quiet kettle. It is stylish and nice to look at. But the kettle looks better on photos then in reality. However, it takes for ages to boil water (about 5 min or more to boil 1.7 L). Our old cheap kettle from Kmart was faster)) Very lightweight. You can not overfill this kettle because of the steal water level inside. I am happy with my purchase so far.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Disintegrating plastic

Our kettle started disintegrating on the inside, white plastic was melting into the water. Make sure you check your kettle, we have been boiling water for out twin boys in this kettle for 2 years! Very scary! Don't know how long this was happening before we noticed, there should be a warning about shelf life on the product packaging.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Quick and relatively quiet kettle

I only recently purchased this kettle from Myer, however so far so good. It heats the water much faster than my previous kettle and it is relatively quiet. It is also very aesthetically pleasing. I do have two minor criticisms, one is that the power light is in an odd spot and I sometimes find it difficult to find. I also find that I tend to overfill it because the water gauge is also in an add spot and I cannot see it when I am filling the kettle. Other than that, I am happy with this purchase so far.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Quite good

We liked it. Got about 5 years out of it, using many times during the day.
Plastic looks better in photos than real life, but its a decent item.
Quiet as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Ok, until it started disintegrating

This kettle is stylish and relatively practical. We have had ours for approx 4 years, however, the spout has started disintegrating, leaving flaking plastic in the water. So, even though the kettle itself works perfectly, I have to dispose of it. Very disappointing as far as contributing to landfill unnecessarily and also putting our health at risk. The next kettle we get will be made of metal.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Love this

Love love love my delonghi black diamond look kettle, heats water quite quickly, so simple and easy to clean, came in a fantastic range of colours with also having a matching toaster. If I had to pick something bad I think for the money it shouldn't be plastic but other than that I lovvvve it

Date PurchasedOct 2016

looks good but noisy

Looks great, and matches my toaster, BUT this is now the 3rd kettle(same model)see how long this one lasts. 1st one blew up , 2nd one (REPLACEMENT)kept going off before it had boiled so exchanged it again, major downside: it is definately the noisiest kettle I have ever had.cannot hear the TV in lounge if we don't shut the kitchen door.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Boils Perfect Cup of Tea

Or so my wife says! We both love this kettle, because it seems to always boil our water the right temperature. We have had this kettle for two years now, and have had no issues, whereas, other kettles have only really lasted us around 12 months only. The external casing does not over heat like other kettles.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Disappointing

For such an expensive kettle, I would never recommend anyone buying one. My Sky Blue one begun rusting on the inside and outside within 12 months, the lid is nearly impossible to come off as it is so tight, it is very noisy when boiling and trips our safety switch as it draws so much current and is now just out of warranty.. I have learnt my lesson to complain about all its faults before the 12 months is up!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Brilliante but flawed

If you want to look at a class act kettle on your bench, this it it (in white). Superb design, fit, & finish. Easy to handle, pour and fill and pretty quiet to boil. Stunning in fact.

That's the end of the good bits.

After half a year of so, it began to leak water over the bench and it's own electric base, but didn't trip the RCD's or electrocute me. It must have gotten tired of playing that game, so three years later, the translucent water gauge under the handles became milky, then cracked and scalded my knuckles with a jet of steam. All the plasticisers leached out, I suppose, and have been dutifully biodegraded by my kidneys.

Looking over these reviews for a new kettle, I've noticed that all of the formerly reliable brands have become appallingly unreliable. When I was a kid we had a Russell Hobbs kettle for 12 years!

The issue it seems, is not the brand, but the country of manufacture.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Died after two years

Loved this kettle in the beginning because it was so pretty and a lot less noisy than my previous Russel Hobbs model. Later bought the matching toaster. Was surprised that a plastic kettle was so expensive. Very disappointed when the light went on but no one was home. Dead kettle. Reconsidering my brands now.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Poor Quality

Absolutely love the look of this kettle. Sadly it is made of plastic and gives off a plastic smell and taste which hasn't gone away for the three weeks iv had the kettle. Sadly i am taking it back. I cant imagine it is very good for your health. Such a shame!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love the colour but hate the water viewer

I love everything about the Delonghi kettle from the stylish colour and design to the fast boiling time
The only downfall of the Delonghi kettle is its water viewer as it's hard to see the water level in it.
The water viewer needs to have a ball that floats so you can see the level of water in it

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Cheap manufacturing but premium cost

When filled up to maximum level, it takes forever to boil and really loud. So much so that it blocks out the sound from TV or a conversation. This is embarrassing especially when I have company.

Also, the chrome start button doesn't go back up if the kettle is not plugged in from power source. So I could push the button for it to boil and walk away to do something else and come back to see that it hasn't boiled because someone unplugged it from the power.

Positives: aesthetic appeal, pours well, no discoloration (I have the white).

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great Quality

Have the toaster and jug in this design and totally happy with both. After purchasing another brand at similar price and having to return two jugs and one toaster on warranty we decided to go with another brand. More than happy with DeLonghi and will buy this brand again. Great quality products and look lovely in the kitchen - the toaster and jug that look great sitting on the kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

It's great

Had mine for a while now and really like it. It's very quiet and comes to the boil quickly. Looks good too. So good I bought the toaster and it's fantastic too. I've been really impressed with both of these products so I hope the new oven I purchased made by delonghi is just as good.

More like De-Shortie. Lasted just 14 months. Bah!

After many years only being able to afford lower priced kitchen appliances in late Feb 2015 I bought my wife a Delonghi Brilliant electric kettle. Last week, just about 14 months after purchase, it died, tripping the RCD fuses when turned on. We took it back to the JB-HiFi store where we bought it, only to be told that it was out of warranty, and would not be replaced.

This is pretty lame for a $120 kettle in my opinion. So, we went to Harvey-Norman and are back to tried and trusted Sunbeam once again. And it cost heaps less than the Delonghi. Normally, even with our hard water in Perth I am used to getting between 4 to 6 years from Sunbeam, Breville, etc. electric kettles, so 14 months from a supposed upper echelon appliance simply sucks.

Ah well. Shouldn't have tried champagne on a beer budget I suppose. No more Delonghi's for me!