DeLonghi Brillante KBJ2001.W (White)

DeLonghi Brillante KBJ2001.W (White)

MPNs: 35905550 and KBJ2001W

Disintegrating Plasic

Made the mistake of purchasing two of these kettles , as they were very light , attractive and stylish but over a short period of time the plastic deterioration was substantial , as plastic particles from the kettle was mixing with the water , would not recommend purchasing.

Purchased in February 2018 for $110.00.

Noise Level

Good looking Kettle

It's a good looking kettle and fits in well with my kitchen. It's quite and easy to keep clean. The water reader is located under the handle and can be hard to read. Water heats up quite quickly and taste isn't effected by the heating of the water. Overall a good kettle.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Lovely looking kettle but plastic!

Had the kettle 3 years and then it began to leak. Electrics were still fine but it had to go to land fill. Appearance is great and I initially thought I was buying a metal kettle but it's plastic and like all plastic kettles its finish detiorates over time and the plastic breaks down. I've now replaced it with a stainless kettle.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Disintegrating plastic

Our kettle started disintegrating on the inside, white plastic was melting into the water. Make sure you check your kettle, we have been boiling water for out twin boys in this kettle for 2 years! Very scary! Don't know how long this was happening before we noticed, there should be a warning about shelf life on the product packaging.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Quite good

We liked it. Got about 5 years out of it, using many times during the day.
Plastic looks better in photos than real life, but its a decent item.
Quiet as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Ok, until it started disintegrating

This kettle is stylish and relatively practical. We have had ours for approx 4 years, however, the spout has started disintegrating, leaving flaking plastic in the water. So, even though the kettle itself works perfectly, I have to dispose of it. Very disappointing as far as contributing to landfill unnecessarily and also putting our health at risk. The next kettle we get will be made of metal.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Disappointing

For such an expensive kettle, I would never recommend anyone buying one. My Sky Blue one begun rusting on the inside and outside within 12 months, the lid is nearly impossible to come off as it is so tight, it is very noisy when boiling and trips our safety switch as it draws so much current and is now just out of warranty.. I have learnt my lesson to complain about all its faults before the 12 months is up!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Brilliante but flawed

If you want to look at a class act kettle on your bench, this it it (in white). Superb design, fit, & finish. Easy to handle, pour and fill and pretty quiet to boil. Stunning in fact.

That's the end of the good bits.

After half a year of so, it began to leak water over the bench and it's own electric base, but didn't trip the RCD's or electrocute me. It must have gotten tired of playing that game, so three years later, the translucent water gauge under the handles became milky, then cracked and scalded my knuckles with a jet of steam. All the plasticisers leached out, I suppose, and have been dutifully biodegraded by my kidneys.

Looking over these reviews for a new kettle, I've noticed that all of the formerly reliable brands have become appallingly unreliable. When I was a kid we had a Russell Hobbs kettle for 12 years!

The issue it seems, is not the brand, but the country of manufacture.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Died after two years

Loved this kettle in the beginning because it was so pretty and a lot less noisy than my previous Russel Hobbs model. Later bought the matching toaster. Was surprised that a plastic kettle was so expensive. Very disappointed when the light went on but no one was home. Dead kettle. Reconsidering my brands now.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Cheap manufacturing but premium cost

When filled up to maximum level, it takes forever to boil and really loud. So much so that it blocks out the sound from TV or a conversation. This is embarrassing especially when I have company.

Also, the chrome start button doesn't go back up if the kettle is not plugged in from power source. So I could push the button for it to boil and walk away to do something else and come back to see that it hasn't boiled because someone unplugged it from the power.

Positives: aesthetic appeal, pours well, no discoloration (I have the white).

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great Quality

Have the toaster and jug in this design and totally happy with both. After purchasing another brand at similar price and having to return two jugs and one toaster on warranty we decided to go with another brand. More than happy with DeLonghi and will buy this brand again. Great quality products and look lovely in the kitchen - the toaster and jug that look great sitting on the kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

It's great

Had mine for a while now and really like it. It's very quiet and comes to the boil quickly. Looks good too. So good I bought the toaster and it's fantastic too. I've been really impressed with both of these products so I hope the new oven I purchased made by delonghi is just as good.

Best Kettle we have had so far

We have had many kettles in the past. I chose this one because I loved the look of it! After over 2 years now, it works very well and I'm very pleased with my purchase. Many of my friends said they loved it too and the white one really suits kitchen with white as the main color theme.

One good thing is the leveler inside (marking the maximum water to hold) is stainless steel; while the other ones we had in the past had plastics which are not good in boiling water for too long.

DéLonghi Brillante

Loved it with the matching toaster - However kettle lasted 19 months - just stopped - called Myers they confirmed 12mth warranty only! [toaster also looks good but from day one toasts unevenly on all four - not my best purchases!]

Stylish kettle

This white kettle looks great on my black bench. Have had many comments about it. Apart from the look, it pours well and boils quickly. I can't hear the TV while it is boiling but I am yet to find a quiet kettle. My only negative about it is I can't see the water level indicator
Stylish look, boils well, pours well
Can't read the water level indicator

No value

In the past I bought a DeLonghi kettle and it was brilliant with a stainless steel body which boiled water quickly and quietly and it poured water beautifully. So, recently, our toaster stopped working (it was very old) and I bought DeLonghi's toaster with the white Brillante exterior. Again stainless steel interior. It's a very good toaster.
Then I saw the matching Brillante kettle so I thought it would go well visually with the toaster. I bought it without examining it. I should have!
It has a plastic body with no stainless steel interior. It gives an awful taste of plastic to water boiled in it. Other kettles with plastic bodies sell for about half the price or less. This DeLonghi kettle is a total fail in terms of what you get for what you pay. As I couldn't return it, I threw it away and very carefully examined the replacement kettle to ensure I got a stainless steel body and value for money.
The look of it.
The awful taste of plastic and the very expensive price.

See all DeLonghi Brillante Kettle reviews