DeLonghi Brillante Kettle

DeLonghi Brillante Kettle (page 2 of 2)

KBJ2001.BK (Black), KBJ2001.W (White) and KBJ2001.R (Red)

It's great

Had mine for a while now and really like it. It's very quiet and comes to the boil quickly. Looks good too. So good I bought the toaster and it's fantastic too. I've been really impressed with both of these products so I hope the new oven I purchased made by delonghi is just as good.

More like De-Shortie. Lasted just 14 months. Bah!

After many years only being able to afford lower priced kitchen appliances in late Feb 2015 I bought my wife a Delonghi Brilliant electric kettle. Last week, just about 14 months after purchase, it died, tripping the RCD fuses when turned on. We took it back to the JB-HiFi store where we bought it, only to be told that it was out of warranty, and would not be replaced.

This is pretty lame for a $120 kettle in my opinion. So, we went to Harvey-Norman and are back to tried and trusted Sunbeam once again. And it cost heaps less than the Delonghi. Normally, even with our hard water in Perth I am used to getting between 4 to 6 years from Sunbeam, Breville, etc. electric kettles, so 14 months from a supposed upper echelon appliance simply sucks.

Ah well. Shouldn't have tried champagne on a beer budget I suppose. No more Delonghi's for me!

Best Kettle we have had so far

We have had many kettles in the past. I chose this one because I loved the look of it! After over 2 years now, it works very well and I'm very pleased with my purchase. Many of my friends said they loved it too and the white one really suits kitchen with white as the main color theme.

One good thing is the leveler inside (marking the maximum water to hold) is stainless steel; while the other ones we had in the past had plastics which are not good in boiling water for too long.

Do not buy this cheap kettle

I purchased the red brilliante kettle online and very disappointed with its poor quality. Shame on Delonghi for producing a cheap all plastic kettle just for looks. The on/off button is an ugly plastic chrome colour which turns black after use as the paint comes off the plastic. Also the kettle is all plastic and does not last as long as stainless steel. Not to mention plastic kettles will release chemicals as it boils. Never purchasing a rubbish Delonghi item ever again!

Died suddenly - light goes on but no longer boils - doesn't last long

Bought the matching toaster and kettle in black. Silver plastic strip around the bottom broke after a short time. Had it about a year and a half and it's died suddenly. Tempted to buy again for the looks and to match my toaster but won't. If it wasn't so good looking I'd give it zero stars!

DéLonghi Brillante

Loved it with the matching toaster - However kettle lasted 19 months - just stopped - called Myers they confirmed 12mth warranty only! [toaster also looks good but from day one toasts unevenly on all four - not my best purchases!]

Not good enough for the price

Absolutely loved our black brillante delonghi kettle. But after 18months it has just stopped. Had it tested, scaled and cleaned, but nothing has worked. It came to the boil fast and quietly too. But as we have always endeavoured to purchase better quality this has really put us off. I've never had a $100 kettle fail in 18months. Our last kettle lasted 6 years so suffice to say "not happy jan". That and we bought the matching toaster. So now...it won't match as we can't even find a brillante kettle let alone trust it will last longer than a year or so :(
Fast and quiet
Broke down after 18 months

Stylish kettle

This white kettle looks great on my black bench. Have had many comments about it. Apart from the look, it pours well and boils quickly. I can't hear the TV while it is boiling but I am yet to find a quiet kettle. My only negative about it is I can't see the water level indicator
Stylish look, boils well, pours well
Can't read the water level indicator

No value

In the past I bought a DeLonghi kettle and it was brilliant with a stainless steel body which boiled water quickly and quietly and it poured water beautifully. So, recently, our toaster stopped working (it was very old) and I bought DeLonghi's toaster with the white Brillante exterior. Again stainless steel interior. It's a very good toaster.
Then I saw the matching Brillante kettle so I thought it would go well visually with the toaster. I bought it without examining it. I should have!
It has a plastic body with no stainless steel interior. It gives an awful taste of plastic to water boiled in it. Other kettles with plastic bodies sell for about half the price or less. This DeLonghi kettle is a total fail in terms of what you get for what you pay. As I couldn't return it, I threw it away and very carefully examined the replacement kettle to ensure I got a stainless steel body and value for money.
The look of it.
The awful taste of plastic and the very expensive price.

Eye catching

I decided it would be nice to spice up our newly renovated kitchen with this kettle (and a matching toaster) and it turned out to be an amazing product! The colours are simple but they match any colour scheme and the design is incredible. The kettle works amazingly, it heats up fast and it can hold more water than any other kettles that I have had. Also, it has brilliant quality and seems like it will last a long time.
Amazing design, Quickly Heats

So Quiet!

I got this kettle as a wedding present, and is definetly one of the best gifts I received!
It looks great,( also has a matching toaster) heats up much quicker than my last kettle - and is so quiet!
Really long cord which you can wind out to the correct length.
Looks great, quiet

Awesome design & functionality

I love this kettle - it looks awesome and works like a charm. It's silent, quite large and heats quickly.

I have it in black, it's so hard to find appliances that look good and work properly.
Bling features and design
Tad expensive but got it on sale