DeLonghi Coffee Canister DECC500

DeLonghi Coffee Canister DECC500

MPN: DECC500
See the Best Food Storage Containers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1.5
Stu B
Stu BSydney

Doesn't work - Poor service from Delonghi

Like the other reviews, my canister doesn't seal. Contacted customer service and got what could only be called a "brush off". Asked for an escalation only be told nothing can be done. $70 for a plastic canister that doesn't work with poor after sales service is a bad equation. Would not recommend this product.

JLPGippsland, VIC

Plastic, poor quality

Not worth the money. Described as brushed silver finish/colour. It's actually plastic, so nothing 'brushed' about it. For the price you would expect stainless steel. The vacuum doesn't even last a few hours so I'm not confident it will keep the coffee fresh. The description also didn't mention it requires batteries.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $69.00.

Waste of money

I wanted this for ages and received it as a gift. Has not worked since day one unfortunately. It does not stay airtight for even an hour. After reading other reviews I'm not going to bother chasing it up as it seems systematic to the product overall. Not a quality item, plastic and expensive.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Val
ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Troublesome

After the unit I had for some 3yrs failed I recently purchased another but it wouldn’t retain the pressure so I returned it and took another but unfortunately that was the same, so thought 3rd time lucky but it turned out to be unlucky as it happened again, it has been in the hands of the retailer/Delonghi for a few days now and am awaiting a result but am a little disappointed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Food Storage Containers

Find out how DeLonghi Coffee Canister DECC500 compares to other Food Storage Containers

fcosentiAU

Seal is far from airtight, vacuum lasts a few hours

I ordered two of these to keep my 1 Kg coffee beans bags fresh. Initially, one of the two didn't keep the vacuum (within a couple of hours valve was up again, not airtight), so I asked for a replacement, thinking it was just bad luck, a defective product.
One week later, I receive replacement - same issue showing after just a couple of days.
After 4 weeks of usage, the only good unit started leaking air too. Now I have two expensive plastic canisters for my coffee, without any vacuum sealing. Waste of money.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Vanessa
VanessaDarling Downs, QLD

Great while it worked

I purchased this coffee canister in March, and for the first 5 months it worked perfectly at keeping coffee beans fresh. However in the last few weeks it has been unable to maintain a seal and motor keeps kicking in every hour or so.

Another thing to note is the machine is plastic, although it looks like stainless steel. The vacuum pump takes 4 AA batteries, which were not included. Cost was approximately $70.
Great while it worked
Stopped working after 5 months

Angie M.
Angie M.asked

canister lossing pressure

Ornette
Ornetteasked

The vacuum indicator only worked for the first week. Since then it has not. Is there an explanation for this, other than a scam?

JLP

We have one and the vacuum still works if you replace the batteries very regularly! They wear out in less than a week on 12hr vacuuming cycle. We also did not realise when we purchased that this cannister was not stainless steel/metal as the description said stainless steel but in fine print it was stating stainless steel colour. Not worth the money unfortunately.

Rhina
Rhinaasked

why is my coffee canister not sealing?

fcosenti

Likely the rubber ring and lid is not able to maintain its shape overtime, due to temperature fluctuations expanding and shrinking the material. These things should be done with surgery-grade stainless steel and/or aluminium alloys used in space exploration to really work, it means they would be prohibitively expensive. They are a scam.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryFood Storage Containers