DeLonghi Dedica KG521M

2.6

Will
    WillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Won’t grind for expresso

If you are looking for a grinder to grind for an expresso machine this isn’t your grinder. The expresso setting does grind anywhere near fine enough for an expresso machine.

Course grind for a French press is fine but you can get the same result with a cheaper grinder.

Also can’t grind directly into a standard sized portafilter. You need to grind into the container first which is annoying.

Purchased at David Jones for $179.00.

Sean
    SeanManly

Espresso grind is not fine enough

I have a Breville Grinder Pro that I've been using and am able to get a good espresso with it. I bought this for the office and the grind on the espresso setting is still quite coarse and is unsuitable for making espresso. I instead have been using it with my Aeropress with reasonable results.
    Apparently from reading other reviews online, the espresso grind is not suitable for a prosumer unpressurized portafilter. HOWEVER, even with my pressurized basket I am still getting unfavorable results--brown foam (instead of dark liquid) coming out of my machine immediately after pre-infusion and until completion of the pull.
    It would be helpful if Delonghi could respond with some trick or way to adjust the fine-ness of the grind.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
    M.B.
    M.B.

Don’t buy it if you like a good espresso!

DeLonghi Coffee Grinder KG 521

With this DeLonghi grinder KG 521 I’m not able to grind coffee beans fine enough to get good espresso.
    My previous DeLonghi grinder KG 100 was excellent.
    I did expect equal quality or better.
    I wrote to customer support, however I never received a reply.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how DeLonghi Dedica KG521M compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

See all DeLonghi Dedica KG521M reviews