DeLonghi DL2401TF

DeLonghi DL2401TF (page 3 of 3)

MPN: DL2401TF

Nice unit

A very good and portable oil heater unit.
Heats up pretty quick and good for average size bed room.
Timer function definitely helps getting the room too hot if you want too leave it on for longer periods.
I can confidently say that this will be one of the good purchases if you are after a heater.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Still smells of burning elements after 3 weeks but does heat

I only buy delongi products because very happy .I have recommend it to my family and friends as the brand is world wide and efficient in price and lots of products and prices realistic. We recently bought 2 coffee machines one for myself and another wedding gift as I Ve heard there fantastic.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best heater I have ever had

We bought this a month ago because our living room is big and cold and we couldn't warm the room up with our old heaters and our 2 month old baby got always really cold hands and nose.
However with DeLonghi on level 6 -Max it will take less than 15 min to warm up the whole living room + kitchen.
The best feature for us is the fan. It is got a small fan that will seep up the warm up process :)
We really recommend it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great heater for small room.

I bought this heater few months back. Been using it in my kids bed room. So far no issues. Can make the room warm quite fast. But I wont recommend it to use in large room as I tried to used it in my bedroom (around 4*4m) and it took very long to make the room warm.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Decent heater for a good price

We purchased this heater to put into the baby's room during the winter.
The heater gets the job done. We dont have any complaints on the performance or have had any significant issues with using it.
A good heater for someone that doesnt need any fancy features to warm up during winter.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great for kids rooms

Great little heater with a timer, great for the cold winter months and any small bedrooms. A lot safer than electric blankets and not to expensive on electricity. Doesnt take to long to heat up. Can be stored away very easy in a cupboard without take up to much room. Timers can be set to come out when your out making it nice and warm for when you arrive home

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Does the trick.

This heater really does tick all the boxes. It's not obtrusive - fits in with any room. The design makes it fit easily near a wall or at the end of a bed or dresser. It is a neutral colour. Doesn't take up much room.
Doesn't use too much energy. Definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Heats a room...but takes too long

Too slow to heat up a room to be the ideal heater. The booster fan is ineffective in that it only produces heated air when the heater itself is hot. Had expected it to produce warm air immediately when the heater is first turned on as the heater itself takes so long to heat up and the heat is slow to disperse to the whole room. A panel heater is more effective than a fin heater like this.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great product

This heater works great. We have timer set for 3pm so nice and warm when we get home. It keeps our lounge room nice and toasty for the nights. Alot safer option if you have small kids or pets. Hasn't made a big difference to electricity bill. Highly recommended by me.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Heats well

Bought this from The good guys after reading reviews here. Purchase was easy. It heats up well, however for 2400watts I expected it to more powerful. I start it off at the highest and turn it down. Takes a little while to heat up. Having the timer is handy. Don't know about the electricity bill yet. Have to wait and see. It is a good product but don't about value for money.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good. Pleased with purchase

I am happy with this heater. Huge improvement on the last one we had which looked similar but was nowhere near as effective heat-wise. I also like the option to turn on or off the booster fan, which gives an extra blast of heat when you need it. Overall I think it is a good heater. In my opinion it is not as good as a gas heater (we had gas at our previous place) but that might not be a fair comparison. It has definitely made a big difference to the temperature in the lounge/kitchen area in our apartment and I am considering buying another one for the bedrooms so I guess that is a good endorsement.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Cant fault this heater

I live in a very cold winter climate, and this heater is used every day, all day, in an office environment. Does a fabulous job, is thermostatically controlled, and a timer can be set to warm the office before I get to work. The smell issue was not present after the first few uses. Highly recommended

This for a small room- hot stuff!

Does what it says on the tin. I appreciate the low medium high heating rate and the thermostat knob to set heating level.

Appreciating the small footprint of the unit plus the ability to set timing throughout the 24 hour day. Works a charm! Set and forget!

This would have gotten 5 stars if it wasn't the plasticky smell it emits when heating up the first 15 or so times. Reading some reviews a guy said the paint sprayed on was not baked in properly hence the smell.

Other than that, the brand, the features and the price (bought it for 15% less at David jones during a sale). Win win win!

Update; after a few weeks of usage- plasticky smell disappears. Works a wonderOh btw, our electric bill was off the charts that winter season. We had three of these and were on pretty much every night thru it was 720bucks! Twice our usual bill!

Great heater that warms a room effectively

Had one of these heaters and used it in the bedroom and it worked very well. The timer is great to set the heater to come on before you get up in the morning and before bed in the evening. Only issues with it were that one of the feet snapped off so we had to do some home handymanning to make it ok to use again. After having this for a few months we bought another heater (were convinced to buy a Dimplex OFRC24TIB 2400W Eco 11 Fin Column Heater for $20 more than this model). It was the worst! Was meant to heat up 8 times quicker and emit 30% more heat than standard oil filled column heaters, but it did not heat up the bedroom in the time it took the DeLonghi and could not heat a room bigger than a bedroom. Took it back and swapped it for another DeLonghi and it is great. We use one it in the bedroom and one in the kitchen/breakfast room (much bigger than a bedroom) and it warms up the whole room reasonably efficiently (we put the timer on about 45 mins before we get up) and is quiet.
Timer, fast heating of even large rooms, inexpensive, quiet, fan for added heat cicrulation/
One of the feet snapped off

does what it claims

I read previous reviews & apart from the smell issues I bought it anyhow.If you leave the product in the garage or a room not being used for the first 3 hrs you should be happy with this product. As an industrial chemist I believe the paint is not cured properly when manufactured.
does what it claims to do
initial smell

Heats Ok BUT..

I bought one of these and it does heat as advertised, unfortunately it produces a strong smell similar to burning plastic. After about half an hour, it irrirtates my eyes and throat so badly I can not stand to be in the same room with it, which kind of defeats the purpose of the heater. Note the instructions that come with the heater state that you should place the heater in a well ventilated area for two hours to burn of this smell. I have run the heater for over fourty hours now ( basically since I bought it ) and the smell is still there, though it does seem to be getting weaker, but at this rate it could take a month for the heater to be usable. I did NOT have any smell problem with my previous oil heater, ( mind you that was purchased over twenty years ago ).
Heats well, seems sturdy ( compare to other stuff made nowadays ).
Produces toxic like smell.

Better than I expected

I spent a lot of time reviewing oil heaters in order to make the right decision and this one takes the cake. I live in a small, 2 bedroom weatherboard house, which gets quite cold in winter. The original De Longhi heater that I was after (convector) is not available anymore much to my dismay, but I am so impressed with this.

This heater is quick to heat up and has a fan to push that extra warm air around the room. I can't close my loungeroom off completely so I was pleasantly surprised to find that despite that, my hallway was even heating up. I'm not sure how well it would heat an open plan house though.

The first night I bought it, I used it in the bedroom (which is quite large and has windows all across one side. It heated the room so well that I woke up sweating.

It's castor wheels also make it easy to move from room to room.

As far as energy efficiency is concerned, I can't comment yet as I've only just bought it.

Highly recommended.
Heats quickly and well, inexpensive
Nothing yet.