DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso

ECO310, ECOV310 (Vintage)

51 questions from our users

ChRis L.asked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

brand new machine, water leaking from steaming wand when pouring espresso

ChRis L.

i have tightened steaming knob fully it cant turn anymore

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi ChRis, if you could either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring them directly on 1800 126 659 and they will be able to help you further.

Noel B.

Noel B.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi, This is the second identical machine I have had and I like the way it works. I don't really want to choose a different style and would like to keep using this one. However, it has recently started leaking water from the back, near the water vessel and also through the coffee dispenser. It has now begun expressing half a cup of water before the coffee starts to flow, so we have to empty that before we can get a decent cup of coffee. I am assuming it needs some type of seal. Are these available and can we replace the seals ourselves without having to pay for repairs?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Noel, it will all depend on what type of seal is missing so it will need to be assessed by a repairer.
What you can do is either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring us directly on 1800 126 659.

Evinasked

Icona Pump Espresso

Where can I buy this at the advertised price of $189?

Shane

They stopped making them, go to EBAY or Amazon, you might find them there

Hummers

Hummersasked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi, I have been using for a few years and it's been great. A few days ago however, the steam knob won't close. It turns and turns without stopping. I tried descaling but it didn't help. Any idea what could be done?

Hi Hummers,
If you could please DIRECT message us with your best contact details or alternately ring us directly on 1800 126 659 and we will get someone to help you :)

Sasaasked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi, I have purchased a brand new DeLonghi ECO 311, but after a few days of usage it started to turn off after just a few seconds from turning it on. In order to brew coffee I have to turn the machine on for a several time. Could you please answer what could be the problem? Tnx

Hi Sasa,
Have you tried turning your machine on at a different power point? Does this make the machine last longer?

Sasa

Yes, I tried, but nevertheless it is the same output power for all points.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Sasa, if you could either DIRECT message us with you full name, email and phone number or alternatively ring us direct on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to help you further.

annie

annieasked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

The milk frother drips continually when I put the machine on. Any ideas?

Hi Annie,
Make sure your steam button is fully turned off on the top of the machine, as this will allow water to drip if partly on.

J.Ro

J.Roasked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

My machine is just over a year old and has just started making a very loud squealing noise, that does not stop once the coffee has stopped pouring. It’s now leaking water from what looks like the very top of the machine and it’s very hot to touch. Much hotter than usual..
Any help would be appreciated!

Hi J.Ro.
We are sorry your experiencing this, with the problems your having you will need to contact customer service on 1800 126 659 or direct message us with your contact details and we will have customer service contact you.

G. K.

G. K.asked

Icona Pump Espresso ECOV310 (Vintage)

Hi, my icona suddenly stopped working. I press the coffee button when it turns green, but coffee drips out really slow and has a really bitter to almost burned taste. This problem first occurred when I opened a new pack of coffee (same one I always use).
The machine is completely clean and descaled. Also the steam wand is working just fine.

Hi G.K.
Are you using fresh beans or pre-ground. If using fresh beans try grinding on a higher setting as your beans are very fresh when you open a new pack the water may not be able to infuse fully. If you are using pre ground the same issues occur due to the freshness of your package and with pre-ground try not tamping your coffee really tight.

Stephen P.

Stephen P.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

The instruction reference using a pod What type of pod can be used and where can I purchase.

Hi Stephen,
You can purchase the De'Longhi pods from places like Myers or you can buy them online at: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/products/coffee/coffee-makers/coffee-maker-accessories/family-value-ese-coffee-pods-25pk-esepodfam25-5513294791

Suzy O.

Suzy O.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi I bought a second hand one that they've not used for years. I have flushed it through several times with water and had a first coffee fine but it tasted a bit strange. What can I use to deep clean the machine please as it came with no instructions I've had to you tube everything so far!

Hi Suzy O,
It sounds like you need to run a full descale so that the solution can clean all the pipes within the machine. You can buy the De'Longhi descale solutions from various retail stores like Harvey Norman and Good Guys or you can buy direct from De'Longhi through their web site: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/products/coffee/coffee-makers/coffee-maker-accessories/ecodecalk-descaler-dlsc500-5513296061

Hussam A.

Hussam A.asked

Hi,
Can I use milk instead of water in the water trey (from the back) ? Hope that doesn't damage the machin.

Hi Hussam,
Do you mean the water tank? Milk should NOT be put into any part of this machine. The only place milk is designed for is within a seperate jug and manually steamed on the steam wand.
Please only put water within the water tank.

Maxine P.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

Second one of these machines I've had where eventually the steam pump send to stop working. You will hear it boil for a few seconds, stop, the OK light comes on and the steam will start up again, but only go for a few seconds. Then the machine will boil for a few seconds again, OK light, steam a bit more... Wash rinse repeat. But there is hardly any stream pressure, and the surface of the milk doesn't even move. It will eventually great the milk enough to be drinkable, but it takes ages. Is this a thermostat problem, or a broken heating element, or something else...? Still getting hot/fine espresso function.

Hi Maxine P,
Has the steam wand stopped working after cleaning? If the wand is not attached properly, or missing it's O ring it will not produce froth and takes a long time to heat the milk. To check the wand, if you can pull the outer part down without trouble it means it is not locked in. You will need to remove the outer part to check that the O ring is still attached also.

Maxine P.

Yes I pull it apart to clean often, the O ring is still present.

Hi Maxine P,
If you would like, you can you direct message us your contact details and we will have someone from customer service to give you a call or you can call them directly on 1800 126 659, as you may need to have your machine serviced.

Christine Adams

Christine Adamsasked

Icona Pump Espresso

What supermarket brand of capsules do any of you use?

I don't use capsules

Sandie

Sandieasked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi, I have had my Coffee Machine for about 2 months now and love it, but every now and then, when frothing the milk, the steamer part comes flying off and I get milk and froth everywhere. Does anyone know why this would happen and is there something I am doing wrong? thanks

Hi Sandie,
It could mean that the steam wand wasn't fully locked in that time.
Make sure when putting the steamer back on to turn it to lock, and give it a tug to make sure it is locked :)

Shane

I'd be making sure the frothing wand is locked in correctly.

Alex V.
Alex V.

The same thing happens to me EVERY single time that I try to froth milk. I am always very careful to check that the frothing wand is locked in correctly, but it doesn't work (it doesn't actually lock). This is very frustrating and badly designed.

Jno

Jnoasked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

My de Longhi leaks water from the bottom each time I make coffee. Please help?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jno, if you could direct message us your full name, address and phone number or alternatively call us on 1800 126 659 so we can organise someone to look at your machine? :)

Tiina H.

Tiina H.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

My machine does not stay on. If i press the power button it goes green and then clicks off after a few seconds, it does not stay on no matter what i do. How can i fix this?

Hi Tiina,
It sounds like your machine has not finished priming at the start. Here is a How To video showing how to prime, it comes in about half way through the video. Try going through the complete process again and the problem should solve itself.
Kind Regards,
De'Longhi Team

Iuliana P.

Iuliana P.asked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

I've just descale my coffee machine and now when i try to make a coffee I have to hold down the coffee button in order for the coffee to come through. If I don’t hold it down no coffee comes through (nothing happens). Could you please help? Thank you

Hi Luliana,
It sounds like you could have a air bubble, here is a great How To video showing how to release the air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BuRNeiafk4
Kind Regards,
De'Longhi Team

Mari-Ann

Mari-Annasked

Icona Pump Espresso ECOV310 (Vintage)

I bought one that was not used for 6 months. The steamer is not working, the hot water is not coming out from the steamer and the machine goes really hot. Should I try to decalc it?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mari-Ann, since it was not used for 6 months there could be an air blockage. Try rinsing through the coffee section as well as the steam wand. How did the descale work for you?

Thomas

Thomasasked

Icona Pump Espresso ECO310

The machine when is heated, doesn't drip any water.
When unheated, water drips but without any pressure. Steamer works perfectly.

I've cleaner the small wholes that were blocked by coffee residuals and also descaled using Delonghi's original products.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Thomas, if you could direct message us with your full name, address and phone number or alternatively ring us on 1800 126 659 and we will get someone to troubleshoot with you :)

vidit s.

vidit s.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

just bought the machine, its producing too much steam and sometimes water leaks from the filter area

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Vidit, could you send us a video of it steaming? and the possible water leak? :)

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso