DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
KathCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Hate it. I would NOT recommend

Having read all the mixed reviews and being torn over whether to purchase a DeLonghi Eletta machine, I chanced it anyway and brought one, and I HATE IT!

Nearly all the negative reviews are correct!!

Its one of the noisiest machines I've had but the worst of all, the coffee is barely hot!!

You have the option of selecting the water temperature and even if you put it on the highest temp setting.... It's still not overly hot.

So, I find myself having to make a coffee and then put it in the microwave. Disgraceful given the money spent.

To prospective buyers... don't be me and be caught out chancing it..... the reviews you read are right!

Purchased in September 2020 at Costco ACT, Canberra.

DeLonghi
DelonghiDeLonghi
Anna
Anna

Manufacturing quality has dropped badly

I purchased this coffee machine about 2 -3 years ago. Always clean it without any chemicals and with a soft sponge.

Recently, I found a piece of metal, shiny piece of aluminium inside my coffee mug! I nearly swallowed!
When I checked the machine underneath the coffee spouts I could verified that they were peeling off!
I have taken photos of it and other tiny bits on a white napkin.

I am really shocked with this this. I have stopped using it due to health and safety concerns.

Purchased at Frequent flyer points.

DeLonghi
De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Ana, Thank you for your review, Could you please send us a Direct Message with your phone number and our Compliance Manager will be in touch. Thank you

Leila
LeilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worse coffee machine ever!

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,100.00.

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Francis Lui
Francis LuiSydney, NSW

Delonghi Eletta Cappuccino

I just received the machine this afternoon and the machine showing General Alarm, after turning off and on press Latte Button, it stuck there showing "Latte Preparation Underway" for more than 10 minutes and nothing comes out.

Even pressing reset back to factory default. Remove the water tank and open the cover and pressed the red button to reset diffuser also remained the same. What sort of product quality is this machine?

Purchased in April 2019.

Bolsie
BolsieNorth Queensland, QLD

Cheap & Nasty

This machine is a big disappointment, weak coffee, warm coffee, you lose the settings if the power goes off and the instruction manual is very disappointing. Have owned a DeLonghi Magnifica for 8 years has been a brilliant machine at half the price. The Eletta is not easy to setup and get the required coffee taste you will use lots of beans and milk and will have to use a microwave to get a hot coffee. Our machine broke down after 4 months of use and had to be sent away something in the milk pump failed ????? got it back and had to go through the setup again still makes lousy coffee would swap for another Magnifica.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Annoyed
AnnoyedMelbourne

Horrible machine. Can’t wait to get rid of it

This machine is horrible. Have tried various beans and settings. We’ve given up. It’s a dust collector now. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Delonghi customer service is pretty average.
After ringing to see if we can get a Delonghi expert to see if we are not using the machine correctly, we were told to go to there service centre and would have to pay something like $100-$150 an hour for the privilege. Are you friggen serious? What, was a plumber going to show me how to use it? Pathetic

Date PurchasedJan 2017
issabeellee3
issabeellee3North Western Region, NSW

If you want the worst coffee ever buy this machine

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Ashb
AshbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty Grinder - they refuse to help, bad customer service. Promised call backs never occured

Faulty grinder after 14 months. I requested a full replacement/refund as per my rights with the ACCC they refuse. Promised call backs for complaints never occur and they ‘service manager’ is never available. They just keep referring me back to the retailer but they refer me back to de’longhi as they completed the repair without me authorising it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Janet
JanetAlbion park

Crap

Not hot enough
Milk container is a joke
Coffee Mehhh !!!!
Expensive piece of crap
Not worth it i wish i would have checked reviews the bloody aldi pod machine makes nicer coffee
A very disappointed coffee drinker and i will never buy delongi again rje service people are crap and just keep trying to make this your fault

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Dont buy

Waste of money. Like the other person it is stuck on descale and just keeps pumping water untill it makes a terrible noise. Temperature is lukewarm, only had it just over a year. Been replaced once and gone back twice. Delonghi rep really stands her ground and says its the best on the market. Lemon of a machine. Will buy Jura next. Waste of time and effort.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Labelwriter
LabelwriterPerth, WA

Stuck in descale

Every time this machines flashes descale it gets stuck in descale mode.Ends up just pumping and pumping until there is nothing but steam and machine heats up and makes terrible noise. . It has been back to service agent mutliple times for this problem. This is a fault so I would say this machine is a Lemon. I have contacted delonghi customer support but the say just take it to service agent.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Rm_peters
Rm_petersAU

Good if you like an iced coffee

Bob
BobNarangba

Just short of two years thinking about replacing it with a better brand.

Its only been just under two years now since I purchased my Eletta, It was great for over one year. them it started needing a De scale every two or three weeks, The Creamer is on its last legs won't froth now just makes warm milk so the machine wont make a cappuccino anymore automatically and that's what we got it for.This is not a cheep machine. It never made hot coffee apart from Cappuccino's just luke warm coffee shots. going to shot it out and purchase a manual machine of a different brand. Just wouldn't recommend it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

NO steam!

Just packing our third Delonghi machine and first Eletta, that have ALL for some reason STOPPED making steam at around 2000 cups! NOT happy, with us now having all the inconvenienece of packing and sending for fix or replacement. Thank god for the Harvey Norman extended warranty. I think we'll be going to another brand now!

ja
ja

Disappointment

See all DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino reviews

Renee
Reneeasked

Hi. My machine keeps saying add pre ground coffee and when I do it won’t do anything. Just keeps saying this? How do I fix this? Have no beans atm.

CK Lee
CK Leeasked

I HV problem with my Delonghi Eletta coffe machine during Descale operation. Always keep on repeat "Add Descaler Press Ok "operation after add water into tank. Probem Cannot continue next step Rising operation to finish whole Descale operation. Can anybody help me and give me solutions. Thank

Nigel W.
Nigel W.asked

On our eletta the milk container has become hard to remove is this normal

See all DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

With its easy one-touch operation and creamy milk froth produced by the LatteCrema System, the Eletta is sure to please more than just cappuccino drinkers.

Features:

• One-touch buttons facilitate easy preparation of a: cappuccino, latte, latte macchiato or milk-only drinks
  • Ability to make 2 drinks at the same time
  • Descaling, cleaning and rinsing program, which automates the cleaning process for you
  • Integrated milk carafe makes creamy milk foam, without the mess, as it also features an auto-cleaning function
  • Grinding technology allows you to choose how fine or coarse you’d like your beans to be
  • Stainless steel construction is durable and sleek

What reviewers liked about the DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino:

Around 68% of reviewers awarded the DeLonghi Eletta a 4 or 5-star rating. These reviewers cited the Eletta’s best-performing qualities as the consistency of coffees made, the strong stainless steel build quality and value for money (although it’s $1,299, it's still cheaper than many high-end automatic models).

Reviewers with positive reports also noted that the Eletta was a little fiddly to find the right settings to begin with. However, they added that if you can persevere, it’s worth it and the machine becomes easy to use. Cups of coffee made by the Eletta were particularly enjoyed by cappuccino drinkers for the creamy froth on top, but coffee drinkers of all kinds appreciated the machine's performance.

The product is also referred to as the Eletta Cappuccino Top.

CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines