Delonghi Expert and Milk EN355GAE

Better machines available for less

My machine is also badged as a Breville but is identical. Purchased to try for slightly hotter coffee without scalding but no real difference detected. Is quite bulky compared to others in the range. No problem until descaling light came on. Followed procedure as outlined but after a few passes just froze with orange light flashing. No other buttons work and if you turn off and back on there is no change. Can't back out of descaling procedure.
Contacted Nespresso who got me to run through have you tried turning it off and back on again a couple of times. Arranged for courier to collect machine which is OK for me as I am retired. Declined offer of loan machine, I just got out the previous machine. Waited several days but no courier so rang Nespresso again. Courier is not coming as service division is not convinced there is a problem. And you were going to tell me when? We tried to contact you. How many times? Once. What day? Not sure, it doesn't say. (There were no numbers on my phone listing and no one left a message. They also have my email address.)
Got through to supervisor who arranged courier again and posted me a descaling solution. I got the machine out and tried a few more times to descale and on about the 4th occasion it actually worked and completed the cycle. All working again, cancelled the courier and allowed to keep descaling solution which arrived next day.
All OK again until yesterday when descaling light came on again and I foolishly tried to do it again. Same story as last time. This time I knew it would just randomly work when it felt like it and I think after about 90 to 100 minutes and about the 9th or 10th attempt it again completed the cycle. Machine draws same wattage as a column heater so my electricity bill will be a little higher this quarter. I will use it until it carries on about descaling again and I think I will bin it. Don't buy, much better machines available for less money from same companies.

Purchased in July 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $399.00.

Product is used: Daily

Great machine

I have to state initially, my machine is identical to this one, but is a Breville branded one, that machine is not in the available list, however.
I bought one, because of a website, Ozbargain, and it was such a discount, I had to have it, down from $599 to $199 for a short time. David Jones was the retailer.
The first machine turned up, and ran beautifully for 3 mornings.
I could'nt believe it, but it seems the expressor pump fried, just after 3 coffees!
Calling Nespresso on the Saturday morning, they suggested I return it to DJ's, as it was 'their problem'!
I couldn't believe that came from a call centre assistant!
I gave up trying to talk sense to her, and went to DJ's the following Monday.
The poor salesman had the very same conversation with the 'help' centre.
Fortunately for me, DJ replaced my machine with floor stock, and now it has ran like a train since October.
Be careful, and buy from a trusted retailer!

Purchased in October 2018 at David Jones Online Store for $199.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily

So far, so good

*** EXPERT & MILK IS A BREVILLE PRODUCT NOT DELONGHI **

After wanting a Nespresso for ages, I finally bought this machine from DJs at a fantastic price -- $399 on sale, from $599.
The machine came with 20 free pods of different flavours and intensities for me to work my way through. The coffee temp is pre-set but you can easily adjust it. Likewise the cup size can be adjusted on the cup holder for physical size (eg mug or cup) and on the machine itself for coffee type.
The milk frother (Nespresso calls it an aeroccino la dee da) is an exceptional addition to what would otherwise be a bog standard machine. It froths well and gets the milk up to a decent temp before you add it to your coffee shot. You can buy it separately for $99 but comes standard with the Expert.
The water tank is a decent size and doesn't use much per cup. Both water and milk tanks can be removed and stored in fridge or hand washed.
Footprint is not too big, and the entire profile is quite unobtrusive in my kitchen - I thought it would stick out more from the wall but it's not very bulky at all.
The most amazing feature about this machine though, is its bluetooth capability - you can use the Nespresso app to order your coffee from your bed and in 2mins it's ready!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love it all year round

In simple words its great and easy to use, you can choose what temperature your water to be and the milk froth is great and easy to make. the product itself works flawlessly so far have not had any issues with it. I got mine with a $40 promotion so was very happy.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Substandard product and poor customer service

So, I've just put down the phone from a 52 minute conversation with the Nespresso Customer Service Centre.

I rang because this machine which I purchased a few months ago - still covered by warranty - has failed and is no longer dispensing coffee in the way that it should.

It's a machine that costs several hundred dollars to buy; it looks good; worked for a little while, and now it doesn't.

I called Nespresso expecting that as a long-term customer of theirs, having spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on machines and coffee over the years, that they would offer to immediately replace the faulty machine or hand me back my money.

But no, that's not what they did.

They handed me from person to person (3 all up) who each effectively repeated the same script to me. They will send me a box with a replacement machine in coming days, I'll need to be at home to collect that and sign for it, then I'll need to pack my machine into that same box, organise a courier to come and pick it up and sign for it, wait for it to be repaired, then they will send it back, I'll have to be at home to sign for it, then I'll have to use that same box (serious amount of work done by this box!) to send back the loan machine by organising a courier and signing for it. Phew... I'm tired just thinking about it.

This is a really serious problem.

Customers who purchased a product that later proves to be faulty and does not do what is advertised should expect to get a replacement machine by walking into a Nespresso Boutique and exchanging the machines. Or I take the machine back to the Boutique I bought it from, and am refunded my money.

Instead, Nespresso want you to jump through 10 hoops got figure out what the problem is, all the while, the customer is being inconvenienced.

I wouldn't recommend you buy this machine. And in fact, if you can avoid buying any product from Nespresso you'd probably be smart to do that too. George Clooney might have had a great experience with Nespresso, but I'm not sure many of the rest of us have.

Share this with your friends if you like... Maybe over a cup of coffee you buy from your local cafe!

Date PurchasedOct 2017