DeLonghi HCX9124E

MPN: HCX9124E

10 questions from our users

Lucy Basked

Delonghi HCX9124E error 1.9

Hi, my Delonghi heater is broken. It goes to start up when I press power but then the screen starts blipping quick quickly and then all the screen lights up and it shows the number 1.9 ?

These heaters actually appear to have terrible reviews that detail this as a common occurrence and malfunction. Do you know what this could be, and whether it is worth trying to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Lucy

Bazza DiErko

Lucy, save yourself the heartache and dump it. As we had received 2 equally dud replacements with neither manufacturer nor retailer giving satisfaction I took mine apart to look close up at the cheap crappy parts inside then happily binned the lot.
I then got a Kogan brand replacement delivered to my door within 48hours which is better and at $120 approx., a third of the price. So long DeLonghi - never again!

Lucy B

hahahahah! oki, cheers Bazza. I'm glad you have some reliable warmth now :)

Bazza DiErkoasked

Can I fix my heater. It’s winter again and just out of storage. Back to the same old problem of error messages and random shut downs.
Dump it?
This is a warranty replacement already. It took ages and many phone calls and persistent trips up the Parramatta Road to get the first one changed.
Unhappy.

Satoko T.

Satoko T.asked

This one has been working very well but today, keep having this issue with plug icon on the panel and not working, but its 100% plugged. We tried all the pluggs on our wall but the same. at the end of panel display, it shows 3.1. I wonder this is some kind of error number display... anybody has this issue?

Louisa W.
Louisa W.

I think it's when the timer has been on.
Ours displayed the same and wouldn't come on.
I pressed the timer button twice and it came on

Michael D.
Michael D.

Same issue. Thank you for your suggestion for the 3.1 error.

Ray White

Ray Whiteasked

What is the hourly running cost of this unit?

Andrew W.
Andrew W.

I have had two of these and both have been thrown out - one less than 10 months old. They keep stopping. There is a trigger, I am guessing by dust that turns it off. Very disappointed.

JUlian

JUlianasked

2 years old occasionally turns itself off and screen flashes with odd numbers try to touch timer button twice ( as per instruction book ) nothing happens. Turn off at wall on again nothing changes. Then just as suddenly turns back to normal. not blocked not fallen over not touched > What can I do ?

Bazza DiErko

Yes, we are on second our replacement heater. Never worked properly for more than a few minutes.
Never again DeLonghi.

I agree

Chantal R.

Chantal R.asked

The beeping has become erratic. Sometimes it starts as I turn the heater on. Other times it’s after a couple of hours. How do I address this?

JENNA

JENNAasked

Hi i see above others have had issues with it turning off and beeping with the panel lights flashing, some times it does this within a couple of minutes other times it can last 2 hours, has anybody found out the issue?

Mark H.
Mark H.

I believe it's a faulty tip over switch and appears to be common on many units based on reviews I've read. If you intentionally lay the unit over during operation, it will cut out with the same flashing dot on the screen and beeping sound. Mine has good days and bad days and I've been struggling with it for a few year. I'm going to figure out how to bypass the tip over switch to hopefully fix it (and make the unit more dangerous in the meantime).

George

Georgeasked

DeLonghi HCX9124E: Noted the plug tends to get very hot on higher temperature settings. Is this normal.

ferylasked

wondering how you find the cost of running this heater?

Ally
Ally

Hi there,
I’m not sure yet as we have only been using it consistently for 1.5 weeks. Once I get an electricity bill I can let you know. But it really keeps the bedroom lovely and warm over night.

feryl

Thanks Ally, look forward to an update.

Farrukh

Farrukhasked

Can this unit be mounted on the wall? I see a picture showing such

Jonathon
Jonathon

Hi, yes, the product comes with mounting brackets and screws.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Other Electric Heaters