DeLonghi HCX9124E

• Heating Speed4/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (1)

Erratic beeping will drive you insane

This heater looks fantastic and when it works heats up an area well. However, there is a serious flaw. There is an annoying erratic and sporadic beeping. The instruction manual does not address it. I have two, which for no reason, will switch on and off and beep incessantly. My parents also bought one, which has the same problem. I would not recommend this product, unless you have enormous patience.

Purchased in June 2018.

LLL
LLLSydney

Heater not working as described

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Ally
AllyMelbourne

Good but beeps are too loud

Good quiet heater does the job very well but if you want it to turn itself off of delay start the beep is so loud. Really annoying and you cannot turn it down or off . So if that’s not a problem then you’ll love it . If you don’t like noise then avoid

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Electric Heaters

Find out how DeLonghi HCX9124E compares to other Electric Heaters

Ellie
EllieBunbury

Ok but not suitable for large areas

This heater performs well, but doesn't heat up large open areas well, such as living room. This is to be expected. Also, I found the controls not very easy to use as they're the same colour as the panel, hence it's easy to press the wrong control without having a good look especially if the room is dark. Plain simple buttons in a lighter colour (i.e. colour different to the control panel itself) would have been better.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Lucy Basked

Delonghi HCX9124E error 1.9

Hi, my Delonghi heater is broken. It goes to start up when I press power but then the screen starts blipping quick quickly and then all the screen lights up and it shows the number 1.9 ?

These heaters actually appear to have terrible reviews that detail this as a common occurrence and malfunction. Do you know what this could be, and whether it is worth trying to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Lucy

Bazza DiErko

Lucy, save yourself the heartache and dump it. As we had received 2 equally dud replacements with neither manufacturer nor retailer giving satisfaction I took mine apart to look close up at the cheap crappy parts inside then happily binned the lot.
I then got a Kogan brand replacement delivered to my door within 48hours which is better and at $120 approx., a third of the price. So long DeLonghi - never again!

Lucy B

hahahahah! oki, cheers Bazza. I'm glad you have some reliable warmth now :)

Bazza DiErkoasked

Can I fix my heater. It’s winter again and just out of storage. Back to the same old problem of error messages and random shut downs.
Dump it?
This is a warranty replacement already. It took ages and many phone calls and persistent trips up the Parramatta Road to get the first one changed.
Unhappy.

Satoko T.
Satoko T.asked

This one has been working very well but today, keep having this issue with plug icon on the panel and not working, but its 100% plugged. We tried all the pluggs on our wall but the same. at the end of panel display, it shows 3.1. I wonder this is some kind of error number display... anybody has this issue?

Louisa W.
Louisa W.

I think it's when the timer has been on.
Ours displayed the same and wouldn't come on.
I pressed the timer button twice and it came on

Michael D.
Michael D.

Same issue. Thank you for your suggestion for the 3.1 error.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters