DeLonghi HCX9124E

DeLonghi HCX9124E

MPN: HCX9124E
See the Best Electric Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Heating Speed1/5 - 5/5 (10)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (2) · No (8)
Lana
LanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this heater, saved us this winter!!

We bought this heater half way through winter this year as our main gas heater had broken down. It was the best thing we did. It warms up a medium size standard room in no time and maintains the temperature as required. It has an economy feature, is slimline and looks great. Couldn't ask for a better heater; highly recommended. We bought it through Appliances Online which offers really great prices, free delivery and takes any old items away for you. :)

Purchased in June 2021 at Appliances Online for $446.00.

Not what you would expect from De Longhi.

Very temperamental heater, cord gets warm and the electricity trips. Not at all safe. Will be returning as we bought it in April! Thank goodness the mountain is covered in snow

Purchased in April 2021 at The Good Guys for $285.00.

Safety
Toni
Toni

Don't buy this heater

I wish I had read these reviews before buying this piece of junk. We have it in a large room and it constantly switches off and it's not because the thermostat reached the desired temperature. It sounds like its a known fault and can't be fixed so let see how good their customer service is when I ask for a refund. It looks nice but there's not much to it.

Purchased in June 2021 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Sudeshna Ghosh
Sudeshna GhoshSydney, NSW

Terrible experience!

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Zero stars if I could

3.1 code. The flashing and beeping and not turning on reminds me of a temperamental little baby. Doesn’t work often enough and will never ever buy this lemon brand again.

Purchased in June 2021.

Gabby
GabbyPerth, WA

Got a day out of it

Made the mistake of not reading the reviews here before buying it from Good Guys. Got one day of use before it stopped working. Beeping, won't turn on again... Going to return for a refund as won't bother wasting my time with getting other faulty replacements.

Purchased in June 2021 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Temperamental

When it works it terrific . Like all the the other reviews it goes into error all controls flashing and erratic beeping. Sometimes turn it iff at the wall for a while and it starts again other times it will not. This is the second heater as I returned the last one under warranty. Note they have a 7 year manufactures warranty so I’m just going to keep taking it back. paid $ 350 at HN.

Purchased for $350.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Bazza DiErkoSydney, NSW

Poorly performing and expensive mistake

It doesn’t work.
Warranty not honoured and even the replacement has failed.
Shuts down randomly.
There has been no product support from DeLonghi.
The retailer does not accept responsibility.
Save yourself Money and trouble.
Look elsewhere for a better alternative.

Purchased in April 2018 for $399.00.

Heater stops working

I have bought two of these Delonghi electric panel heaters and both of them now have stopped regularly sometimes within a minute of turning on. It feels like dust/fluff blockages in which case it is a poor design. Thoroughly disappointed. Would love my too much money back

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Sandy
SandySydney

Randomly stops working

When this heater works it is great and warms up the room well but it sporadically stops working every so often and can’t switch it back on again. The lights start flashing and it won’t start up. Had this same problem with first heater and got it replaced on warranty and the second one now has the same problem. Not worth the money considering it was one of the expensive electric heaters!

Erratic beeping will drive you insane

This heater looks fantastic and when it works heats up an area well. However, there is a serious flaw. There is an annoying erratic and sporadic beeping. The instruction manual does not address it. I have two, which for no reason, will switch on and off and beep incessantly. My parents also bought one, which has the same problem. I would not recommend this product, unless you have enormous patience.

Purchased in June 2018.

boopysqueak
boopysqueakCanberra 2600, ACT

Faulty version

We were quite happy with this heater with no issues, but after a couple of months it clearly has a problem. It keeps tripping the circuit and we have tried it on multiple power boards and power points and it keeps blowing our power. I'm off to return it today, and go back to another brand of panel heater

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco ACT, Canberra for $250.00.

Gordon B.
Gordon B.Hobart, TAS

Expensive Dud!!

Bought our first HCX9124E 3 years ago. When it works it is a great heater, but..... Last year it started playing up (as per previous reviews), beeping flashing and turning off. Took it to our local repair agent who replaced the motherboard. Brought it home and plugged it in - failed!!! Took it back to the repair agent again. Delonghi replaced the heater under warranty. That was 2 months ago. The new HCX9124E has now succumbed to the same problem. This heater will go on the tip, and we will move to another brand with a lifetime warranty!! Very disappointing!! Waste of money!!

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for $300.00.

Overpriced, Plagued with design flaws and doesn't even WORK!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Worst heater ever

Works for a small time then starts to turn off and the beep drives you insane. Switched off at power point to start again, works for a small time then cuts off and the beep starts again and goes on and on and heater never starts again.
About to throw it out at a council clean up.
Would never buy DeLonghi again.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Lucy Basked

Delonghi HCX9124E error 1.9

Hi, my Delonghi heater is broken. It goes to start up when I press power but then the screen starts blipping quick quickly and then all the screen lights up and it shows the number 1.9 ?

These heaters actually appear to have terrible reviews that detail this as a common occurrence and malfunction. Do you know what this could be, and whether it is worth trying to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Lucy

Bazza DiErko

Lucy, save yourself the heartache and dump it. As we had received 2 equally dud replacements with neither manufacturer nor retailer giving satisfaction I took mine apart to look close up at the cheap crappy parts inside then happily binned the lot.
I then got a Kogan brand replacement delivered to my door within 48hours which is better and at $120 approx., a third of the price. So long DeLonghi - never again!

Lucy B

hahahahah! oki, cheers Bazza. I'm glad you have some reliable warmth now :)

Bazza DiErkoasked

Can I fix my heater. It’s winter again and just out of storage. Back to the same old problem of error messages and random shut downs.
Dump it?
This is a warranty replacement already. It took ages and many phone calls and persistent trips up the Parramatta Road to get the first one changed.
Unhappy.

Satoko T.
Satoko T.asked

This one has been working very well but today, keep having this issue with plug icon on the panel and not working, but its 100% plugged. We tried all the pluggs on our wall but the same. at the end of panel display, it shows 3.1. I wonder this is some kind of error number display... anybody has this issue?

Louisa W.
Louisa W.

I think it's when the timer has been on.
Ours displayed the same and wouldn't come on.
I pressed the timer button twice and it came on

Michael D.
Michael D.

Same issue. Thank you for your suggestion for the 3.1 error.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters