DeLonghi HCX9124E

DeLonghi HCX9124E

MPN: HCX9124E
See the Best Electric Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Heating Speed4/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (2)
Andrea Tassera
Andrea TasseraSydney, NSW

Nice design and works fine

Bought it for my living area (45 sqm) and it works fine. Of course it's an electric heater so as soon as you turn it off the heat goes, but that's normal.
Consumption is good and it looks really nice in the house

Erratic beeping will drive you insane

This heater looks fantastic and when it works heats up an area well. However, there is a serious flaw. There is an annoying erratic and sporadic beeping. The instruction manual does not address it. I have two, which for no reason, will switch on and off and beep incessantly. My parents also bought one, which has the same problem. I would not recommend this product, unless you have enormous patience.

Purchased in June 2018.

L.Marsh
L.MarshBlue Mountains

Fixed problem

2nd yr June. Started having the same issue as "Heater not working as described " found the timer being the issue. As the buttons are hard to see at night they may have been pushed. Delayed start and Delayed stop were adjusted and this stopped the multi icons coming up
Now running as it was. Heats a large room. Happy with the fam as this quickly warms up the air then you can cut it back to maintain temp.

LLL
LLLSydney

Heater not working as described

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Find out how DeLonghi HCX9124E compares to other Electric Heaters

Suits our requirements perfectly.

We chose this heater for a bedroom and while it is large for a 3x3 room, it operates so quietly with minimal power use that we were pleasantly surprised. Also keeps the room at an even temperature.. On a higher setting it heats our open plan living room. The heater is light, well designed and sturdy. We are delighted!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rosco
RoscoSydney

Very good electric heater

Very good electric heater bought to heat large living room during winter so as not to operate reversible air conditioner for sake of few hours, ceramic technology and easy to use controls, is very safe around young children and pet animals who cannot be easily burnt accidentally. Very good design and produces warmth very quickly.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
May Lam
May LamsYDNEY

Perfect heater

The heater is heavy and easy to store as all parts can be removed, it does not take too long to warm up. I could use it in bedroom or dining room. It does not take long time to cool down. it s easy to carry and good looking too!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Zte
ZtePerth

Performs well, only minor issues

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Decent product

I was a bit sceptical before purchasing this as the claims seemed off. I reluctantly purchased it and was not disappointed with the functionality. It seems to heat up the room relatively quickly but I also noticed the power drain to be quite mediocre compared to its competitors. Despite this, it's a great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Joy
JoyAtwell

This is WOW product

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Shaun Erk
Shaun ErkConcord

Good

Heats up the bedroom extremely well. Thermostat works well though it seems to heat the room itself to a greater temperature than is selected, probably because heat rises and the heater is on the floor. Good looking unit. Easy to assemble, easy to use and very quiet. Does a great job. The fan is nice and warm.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Angie
AngieAustralia

Good

It's a good product. It's very quiet and good when watching tv or in the bedroom. It's asthetically pleasing and works really well. I love the settings for it and it's very user friendly. It's a beautiful heater and keeps the room nice and warm all day and night long.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Arna
ArnaMelbourne

Great for kids room

We bought this heater for use in our toddlers room as our house is freezing at night. We've been able to keep the temperature consistent without the air getting to dry or fear of burnt little fingers. It makes it much easier to figure out how to dress our boy overnight.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Best Heater ever purchased

Very quiet and silent operation.
Safe for kids, not very expensive and has 2 years warranty with it. The body of the heater looks elegant and looks good in the living room.
Beautiful heater, it is very convenient and warm during winter. Worth the money to buy for this heater. I was told by my friend to buy this and I wouldn't agree more to recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
jeff
jeffMelbourne

Fantastic heater

We bought this heater to go in the nursery- it is very quiet and keeps the room nice and toasty overnight. The panel is also very safe to touch- no burns here!. The electronic controls are a great feature aesthetically although I doubt they are as sensitive as the digital display likes to suggest- be aware that the display casts a significant amount of light, so if you want a totally dark room then get a model with manual dials instead. Lastly, the digital touch buttons will please some with their ease of use but may annoy others because it can be very difficult to see the buttons in a dark room.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lucy Basked

Delonghi HCX9124E error 1.9

Hi, my Delonghi heater is broken. It goes to start up when I press power but then the screen starts blipping quick quickly and then all the screen lights up and it shows the number 1.9 ?

These heaters actually appear to have terrible reviews that detail this as a common occurrence and malfunction. Do you know what this could be, and whether it is worth trying to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Lucy

Bazza DiErko

Lucy, save yourself the heartache and dump it. As we had received 2 equally dud replacements with neither manufacturer nor retailer giving satisfaction I took mine apart to look close up at the cheap crappy parts inside then happily binned the lot.
I then got a Kogan brand replacement delivered to my door within 48hours which is better and at $120 approx., a third of the price. So long DeLonghi - never again!

Lucy B

hahahahah! oki, cheers Bazza. I'm glad you have some reliable warmth now :)

Bazza DiErkoasked

Can I fix my heater. It’s winter again and just out of storage. Back to the same old problem of error messages and random shut downs.
Dump it?
This is a warranty replacement already. It took ages and many phone calls and persistent trips up the Parramatta Road to get the first one changed.
Unhappy.

Satoko T.
Satoko T.asked

This one has been working very well but today, keep having this issue with plug icon on the panel and not working, but its 100% plugged. We tried all the pluggs on our wall but the same. at the end of panel display, it shows 3.1. I wonder this is some kind of error number display... anybody has this issue?

Louisa W.
Louisa W.

I think it's when the timer has been on.
Ours displayed the same and wouldn't come on.
I pressed the timer button twice and it came on

Michael D.
Michael D.

Same issue. Thank you for your suggestion for the 3.1 error.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters