DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

2.9

DonLea

DonLeaperth

RUSTY AFTER A MONTH

It has taken 2 weeks to get rid of the very tinny taste. Also 3 weeks later the inside has rusted . Taking it back to good guys today as not happy. I absolutely love the look of it and was so excited to buy it but very dissappointed! Going for a different brand. I thought $100 for a kettle was steep and it is if it rusts within the month.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for A$94.00.

AnthonyN

AnthonyNSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Wouldn’t buy a new one

Loud, very loud for a premium kettle, taste is fine. It’s slower than most, but that’s because of the 1.7l volume, which is larger than most.
Had this kettle now for 5 yrs now, average 3 boils a day, but it disappointed me from the very first year for what you would be touting the looks. The chrome started peeling the first year and asked if something could be done about, the staff at the good guys said it wasn’t an issue that could be resolved.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for A$129.00.

SarahHunter Region, NSW

Disappointing

Was super excited to have saved up to afford a kettle that i had been wanting for quite some time.
I was under the impression that DeLonghi was a good brand. Only backed by a 1 year warranty should have warned me. In 14 months I noticed the outside of the kettle rusting. Upon further inspection the inside of the kettle rusted as well. Was so shocked by this. Would not purchase another item from this brand.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$120.00.

Electric Kettles

Find out how DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

Edwin.Z

Edwin.ZPerth, WA

Worst kettle design possible

The lid is very difficult to come off or get back in. When it does come off, the residual moisture trapped in the lid gets everywhere. The water meter does not reflects the actual water level. The last bit of water would never come out without spilling everywhere. The worst is that it takes like 3 times the time to boil the same amount of water with other kettles. The worst possible kettle ever.

Purchased in January 2019.

Poor quality

My first kettle lasted about 2 yrs then stopped working so we bought another one and same thing happened after 2 yrs stopped working , expected more for the price these sell for. Wouldn’t buy another one

Purchased in January 2018.

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for A$139.00.

Kate P

Kate PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

stops working

it must be 1-2 years out of warrenty but it keeps stopping working, i'm a bit worried it might be dangourous. Not very good as I paid to get a good product and only lasted a few years. Not impressed with China produced goods. Update : having said this review, we have gone and purcchased another delonghi this weekend, for hte price, functionality and look, we think it is good value even if it fails after 4-5 years. Probably no different to any other brand these days.

Purchased in April 2016.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for A$89.00.

BEST KETTLE!

I have had this kettle for near 6 years and absolutely love it. I love the look of it, I have lived in several places since owing it and it has looked great in every kitchen. It gets used daily and sometimes several times per day and is still as good now as it was new. The only thing I am disappointed about is that the Beige colour has now been discontinued so I cant buy a back up for when this one eventually stops- hopefully that isn't sometime soon. Will definitely be looking at another DeLonghi when the time comes.

Purchased in January 2014 for A$149.00.

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Michele1608

Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for A$130.00.

Bazil

BazilNorth Western Region, NSW

Looks nice but noisy

Love the look of this kettle!! The lid is a little hard to remove when filling and the water level feature is hiding under the handle which makes it a little hard to see. The element is hidden but it is noisy when boiling. But it looks smart with its glossy finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas store for A$120.00.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for A$109.00.

Louise085

Louise085Launceston, TAS

A nice kettle

The kettle I purchased was lovely to look at, the water books quite quickly when full and has a great water level indicator. It’s a stylish, simple design which would match many styles of homes.

I was disappointed with the chrome that is on the lid and around the base of the kettle as it peeled and chipped off soon after purchase. This was a real negative as I paid for a great product which it wasn’t in the end.

MHardy

MHardy

Stylish but needs a few design issues fixed

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Leeeeeeena

LeeeeeeenaSouth Australia

Faulty. The worst customer service. Zero stars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$89.00.

Lisa S

Lisa SHunter Region, NSW

Thought I was buying a high end kettle, it stopped working

Purchased in October 2016.