DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

KBO2001 and Vintage KBOV2001

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Michele1608

Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for $130.00.

Bazil

BazilNorth Western Region, NSW

Looks nice but noisy

Love the look of this kettle!! The lid is a little hard to remove when filling and the water level feature is hiding under the handle which makes it a little hard to see. The element is hidden but it is noisy when boiling. But it looks smart with its glossy finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas store for $120.00.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Louise085

Louise085Launceston, TAS

A nice kettle

The kettle I purchased was lovely to look at, the water books quite quickly when full and has a great water level indicator. It’s a stylish, simple design which would match many styles of homes.

I was disappointed with the chrome that is on the lid and around the base of the kettle as it peeled and chipped off soon after purchase. This was a real negative as I paid for a great product which it wasn’t in the end.

MHardy

MHardy

Stylish but needs a few design issues fixed

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Leeeeeeena

LeeeeeeenaSouth Australia

Faulty. The worst customer service. Zero stars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Lisa S

Lisa SHunter Region, NSW

Thought I was buying a high end kettle, it stopped working

Purchased in October 2016.

Peterseafore

PeterseaforeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive kettle and water gauge is next to useless

When filling kettle the gauge is almost useless - a simple bead floating on the water would solve the problem
When the kettle is on the bench it is almost impossible to tell if it has sufficient water to turn it on

Purchased in April 2019 at TheGood Guys Frankston for $89.00.

Kit

KitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a safe product. Outer shell gets very hot.

Outside gets very hot despite doble “insulared” shells! Cannot clearly see level of water. I got burnt touching the outer shell. We bought matching RED toaster.
Look good but that’s all about

Purchased in January 2017.

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bad Buy

Very heavy even when empty
very noisy
almost impossible to see water leveler which is hidden behind the handle; cannot understand the logic behind it if there is any
lid gets hot and must be careful when pulling it off
Would not recommend it to anyone and specially not elderly people
The more expensive model does not seem any better
Checking with retailer if I can return it

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Water level indicator is opaque

Having unboxed the kettle from Goodguys, and topped up water for first time , the plastic water level tube is opaque and my elderly parents want to know idiot would make it like that. :)

Fair comment from people who have seen a few kettles come and go over 85 years. I think this one is going to go because of that annoying issue...

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Mezz

Mezz

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014