DeLonghi Icona KBO2001

DeLonghi Icona KBO2001 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: KBO2001BK and KBO2001R

watashi

watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

kellymc24

kellymc24

Takes forever to boil!

seems all good, but takes forever to boil! Takes 5:48 to boil. Unsure if this is the norm for all kettles? This is when it is full, will be timing when it is not full as that seems to take the same amount of time too. Will update review when I have timed it from not full.

Denisep

DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.

laurel

laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.

Mary P

Mary PNSW, 2000

Love this kettle - going strong after years and very attractive

Love this kettle - has had a lot of use especially when baby needed bottles made all the time and things needed to be reheated.

Easy to clean inside, wipes down a treat outside and looks great - stylish but not a "trend" or "fad" look in my opinion. I got mine in black gloss, but the colour range I saw was incredible. I regret not buying another colour for something different.

Bought it with the matching toaster, look great together.

It is a tiny bit noisier than other kettles, but that doesnt bother me much, it is barely noticeable.

Cheap quality

Flybuys purchase. Not what I hoped for, very tinny, unstable on the base, hard to fill via the spout and the lid is not easy to remove. the would not purchase again if I have to replace it. I think they are specifically made for flybuys as other models seem better quality.

Very dissapointed

CLehane

CLehaneAdelaide

Lovely, but flawed

I really liked the look of this kettle; quite stylish for the kitchen and the same colour as our food processor. (The DeLonghi Sherbet kettle matched the Breville Sherbet Food Whizz better than the new Breville Sherbet kettle we have!)
No complaints really except that it started rusting just inside the lid and on the kettle where it made contact with the lid within 2-3 weeks. I started cleaning it away with the intention of just living with it, but really, it wasn't good enough. We replaced it with a Smart Kettle and the one thing I miss is the freedom to boil a smaller amount of water; the Smart Kettle has a minimum of 500mL. Pity. The look was awesome.

See all DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle reviews

Helen A

Helen Aasked

Is the kettle noisy? I currently have a Bosch kettle and it's really noisy any advise?

My Delonghi kettle is not noisy and the bottom part doesn’t get hot only towards the spout as I have to be careful of my special needs children as they like to try and touch hot things. Try the Delonghi as I have in my photo. Good luck

spotlessasked

I have a delonghi kettle kb02001r I would like to clean it on the inside as it almost look like a cooper colour inside.I bought a kettle cleaner and the instructions on the bottle says not to use it on aluminium or magnesium alloy kettles. What is the interior of this kettle and what do you recomend to clean the kettle interior with?
Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.
Agnes

Nat
Nat

I've never used a "kettle cleaner" as such. What I have done in the past is cut up a lemon into chunks, pop them in the kettle with water level at MAX and boil twice. Empty out the lemon and water. Refill with clean water and boil. Rinse and repeat. Good to go. I've done this with all of my kettles over the years, whether they be metal or plastic and have had no issues. Mum and Nan passed this down to me :)

spotless

I was told the same method by a friend and it worked wonders. Thanks for the tip.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives