DeLonghi Icona Vintage KBOV2001

DeLonghi Icona Vintage KBOV2001 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: KBO2001VAZ

2.7

Brittle Plastic that is Not Heat Resistant

I have had several of these kettles CRACK literally. One time was the water level indicator. Another time included the area just beneath the water level indicator. Another instance was when the base cracked.

I'm not sure how safe it is to use, but I wouldn't take my chances with this kettle. The newer models ditch the metal altogether and opt for plastic. That's a recipe for disaster as you might see from the other reviews on that model.

Too much hassle getting it sent in to get fixed.

DEBW

DEBW

Paint peeling off kettle

I bought the matching pair as I loved the red colour. I noticed when I boiled the kettle the red colour changed to a depper red over time the paint has been peeling off. The toaster is still the same lovely red but the kettle looks terrible with paint peeling of and showing the metal underneath, it is still working fine. Disappointed.

Thin plastic base

Electric Kettles

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Vintage KBOV2001 compares to other Electric Kettles

Palindrome

PalindromePerth, WA

Love the look but not the noise

I had to check other peoples reviews on this kettle as guest have mentioned the noise coming from it. After hearing this, I have taken note of other kettles and this one does emitt more noise.

Besides that it looks great. Haven't had any issues with rust as mentioned by other reviewers

works well, but exterior deteriorated quickly

We love the look of this kettle, and it works well, but after 2 years of use in an average household the "chrome" is peeling off to reveal the plastic beneath, and the "enamel" has chipped. It now looks tattered and unsightly, not what I expected when I bought what I thought was a top of the range kettle.

Suzie76

Suzie76South Australia

second one, but no more!

Bought my first ICONA in Pearl White and matching 4 slice toaster nearly 5 years ago. Replaced the kettle 2 years ago due to the first one leaking and rusting on the outside (wasn't too fussed as we are heavy users) bought a second one only to have the chrome trim of the lid deteriorate in just 12 months. Currently looking to replace both the kettle and toaster (toaster is fine but want to match)

Oh and we are on filtered rain water, so have the rust/brown marks inside too...

Desiree

DesireeCanberra

Not made to last

The kettle has worked well for several years but the trim which looks like metal but is actually coated plastic, has peeled. Also, the plastic in the lid chipped.
It looks good but the lid is very hard to get off.
Anyway it has stopped working. We had expected it to last a bit longer.

See all DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle reviews

Pauline

Paulineasked

Why did my kettle just stop working, it's 18 months old. Is it old age

Adit
Adit

Mine worked for nearly 9 years without issue and now dead. it should work longer than 18 months, could be faulty or some parts DOA.

Steff

Steffasked

Icona Vintage KBOV2001

When boiling water, will the outside of the kettle become hot?

Hi, no the bottom of the kettle doesn’t get hot at all. Just the top around the spout gets hot as this is why I got this kettle as my special needs son is autistic and wants to touch items if he thinks it’s hot! So when he touches the kettle it doesn’t burn him as I had to install a induction top stove I will be doing a review on soon. I hope this helps you. Thanks and good luck

Kyneton
Kyneton

as Shirley stated only the top around the spout gets hot. if you have curious little ones like we had, keep the kettle away from the edge of the bench to stop temptation to feel/touch

Marianne Williams

Marianne Williamsasked

Icona Vintage KBOV2001

I am on my second Delonghi electric kettle. The kettle has a crack from outer shell. Doesn't leak but annoying to see the crack line. Is this a common problem?

Misty
Misty

Hi Marianne,
This was not an issue with both kettles but I have returned mine and changed to Sunbeam.Mine was a rust issue within.
We had a red kettle and the outer colour would change to dark red and very hot once boiled, this could affect the paint to crack Im sure.
If your e not happy with it return it.
I now have a red toaster bur no matching kettle:( better this than no kettle after 12 months. My last kettle lasted 8 years.
I hope this helps?
Joanna

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives