DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle (page 2 of 6)

KBO2001 and Vintage KBOV2001

Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Mezz

Mezz

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Terrible Kettle

I bought this kettle based on its looks but have been really disappointed with its performance. My main concern is how hot the exterior gets, especially the lid. You can not touch the lid for a long time after boiling water. If you need to add water to boil again (unexpectedly need to boil water again so soon) the lid will still be scalding hot.
Staff at Harvey Norman talked me into buying it and conned me with the price, saying I would never find it cheaper anywhere else - guess what, that's because they have it manufactured with a different button so customers can never find the EXACT kettle anywhere else. I won't buy any more Delonghi products and won't ever walk into Harvey Norman again!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Manufacture Date wanted

The kettle no longer boils water properly & will not boil again for sometime until after it cools down. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured as I was told I purchased it in 2013 which I feel is not correct. I did purchase extra warranty however this was after another brand of kettle started to leak and was returned to supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Maria

MariaWanneroo

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

adz

adzMid North Coast, NSW

waste of money

4 days after use switch broke and had to turn it on and off at the power point
1 week later it started to leak water
purchased it with fly buy points and seemed to difficult to get a refund so i threw it in the bin
for a kettle at this price a lot more is expected , went back to using out $6.99 kettle which had been going for 5 yrs now

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ryan W

Ryan WShepparton

Element burned out after 18 months

Date PurchasedNov 2015
cuta

cutaMelbourne

Delonghi Icona Toaster

Bought this toaster 13 months ago and it is now cutting the power in the whole house. Contacted Delonghi and they refuse to repair or replace. Worst customer service ever. Avoid purchasing Delonghi products as they are overpriced rubbish. A $15 toaster from Kmart will last longer. Avoid Avoid Avoid

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ianjam

IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Tashahh

TashahhMandurah

Colour faded

I purchased both the Vintage Icona Kettle and Toaster. After 6 months of moderate use, (1 adult and 1 teenager) the kettle started to fade its Colour (blue). The toaster hasn't faded at all. As they sit on the bench side by side, it is very noticeable. The kettle works perfectly with no rust or scale build up, however am pretty disappointed as I paid a lot for it.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Mathews

MathewsPerth

terrible product and warranty

I purchased the kettle in March 2017 from Harvey Norman and used it more than once every day. Within 4 months, the kettle has rusted inside and outside. When contacted the manufacturer under the warranty, I was given the run around - to take to an agent who will forward the product to the Delonghi and wait for their decision. You have to live without a kettle during that time. What a terrible product and what a terrible service. Please don't buy this product. I will not buy any of their product in my life time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Icons vintage kettles

After two years kettle started to pack up as when boiling the water it cuts out as the switch is faulty and no parts to fix the problem just another throw away and buy a new one then the winge about land fill but as I say no spare parts for these kettles

mel

meltasmania

Disappointed to say the least!

I have never bought a DeLonghi product before and I certainly will not be buying another! I was so excited when I came across the Icona Vintage Kettle and toaster range online. I bought the kettle and toaster and they looked awesome in my country kitchen. Didn't take long for the Kettle to start peeling, I was shocked at how cheaply these products are made. The toaster takes ages to toast... I can't believe I replaced my trusty 10 year old Tefal Toaster with this crappy one! DeLonghi products look beautiful...you pay a fortune for them because you think you are investing in something that's going to last...NOT. Ripped off big time!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
TeaLover

TeaLoverSydney

Paint is peeling

The kettle works fine, but the paint is peeling and the the plastic top of the lid is cracked soon after purchase. There is scale on outside of the kettle, but we don't know how to remove it without removing the paint with it. Doesn't look good any more. Expensive kettle, but the quality is disappointing.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Kettle stopped working after 2 years

Bought kettle from good guy's after the first one broke down due to a whistling noise ie it was supposed to silent. We bought a different model which just broke after 2 years. Never again will i buy a delongi kettle very dissapointed with the product. Kettles shouldnt break down after 2 years when it was expensive to pirchase

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Worst kettle and most expensive I have ever purchased

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Julie

JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Patty

PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014