DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle (page 2 of 6)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

2.9

Kit

KitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a safe product. Outer shell gets very hot.

Outside gets very hot despite doble “insulared” shells! Cannot clearly see level of water. I got burnt touching the outer shell. We bought matching RED toaster.
Look good but that’s all about

Purchased in January 2017.

Noise Level

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bad Buy

Very heavy even when empty
very noisy
almost impossible to see water leveler which is hidden behind the handle; cannot understand the logic behind it if there is any
lid gets hot and must be careful when pulling it off
Would not recommend it to anyone and specially not elderly people
The more expensive model does not seem any better
Checking with retailer if I can return it

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Electric Kettles

Find out how DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Water level indicator is opaque

Having unboxed the kettle from Goodguys, and topped up water for first time , the plastic water level tube is opaque and my elderly parents want to know idiot would make it like that. :)

Fair comment from people who have seen a few kettles come and go over 85 years. I think this one is going to go because of that annoying issue...

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mezz

MezzSydney, NSW

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Terrible Kettle

I bought this kettle based on its looks but have been really disappointed with its performance. My main concern is how hot the exterior gets, especially the lid. You can not touch the lid for a long time after boiling water. If you need to add water to boil again (unexpectedly need to boil water again so soon) the lid will still be scalding hot.
Staff at Harvey Norman talked me into buying it and conned me with the price, saying I would never find it cheaper anywhere else - guess what, that's because they have it manufactured with a different button so customers can never find the EXACT kettle anywhere else. I won't buy any more Delonghi products and won't ever walk into Harvey Norman again!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Manufacture Date wanted

The kettle no longer boils water properly & will not boil again for sometime until after it cools down. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured as I was told I purchased it in 2013 which I feel is not correct. I did purchase extra warranty however this was after another brand of kettle started to leak and was returned to supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Maria

MariaPerth, WA

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
adz

adzMid North Coast, NSW

waste of money

4 days after use switch broke and had to turn it on and off at the power point
1 week later it started to leak water
purchased it with fly buy points and seemed to difficult to get a refund so i threw it in the bin
for a kettle at this price a lot more is expected , went back to using out $6.99 kettle which had been going for 5 yrs now

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ryan W

Ryan WShepparton

Element burned out after 18 months

Date PurchasedNov 2015
cuta

cutaMelbourne

Delonghi Icona Toaster

Bought this toaster 13 months ago and it is now cutting the power in the whole house. Contacted Delonghi and they refuse to repair or replace. Worst customer service ever. Avoid purchasing Delonghi products as they are overpriced rubbish. A $15 toaster from Kmart will last longer. Avoid Avoid Avoid

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ianjam

IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Tashahh

TashahhMandurah

Colour faded

I purchased both the Vintage Icona Kettle and Toaster. After 6 months of moderate use, (1 adult and 1 teenager) the kettle started to fade its Colour (blue). The toaster hasn't faded at all. As they sit on the bench side by side, it is very noticeable. The kettle works perfectly with no rust or scale build up, however am pretty disappointed as I paid a lot for it.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Mathews

MathewsPerth

terrible product and warranty

I purchased the kettle in March 2017 from Harvey Norman and used it more than once every day. Within 4 months, the kettle has rusted inside and outside. When contacted the manufacturer under the warranty, I was given the run around - to take to an agent who will forward the product to the Delonghi and wait for their decision. You have to live without a kettle during that time. What a terrible product and what a terrible service. Please don't buy this product. I will not buy any of their product in my life time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Trendy

TrendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Icons vintage kettles

After two years kettle started to pack up as when boiling the water it cuts out as the switch is faulty and no parts to fix the problem just another throw away and buy a new one then the winge about land fill but as I say no spare parts for these kettles

Date PurchasedMay 2015
See all DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle reviews

vicki d.

vicki d.asked

Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

Inside coating of kettle at bottom started flaking what is the coating and is it dangerous to use once peeled off

vicki d.

vicki d.asked

Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

What is the inside of kettle coated with. My kettle lasted three years and coating started flaking off

Annie K
Annie K

The inside of the kettle is not coated with anything, it’s stainless steel - which is the best material for cookware because it’s ‘non reactive’ meaning it doesn’t rust, corrode, or produce harmful chemicals or metallic flavours when heated.

DeLonghi
CherylDeLonghi

HI Vicki, what you might be seeing is scale build up from hard water. You can descale the kettle to keep the stainless looking shiny and new.
I do mine every month or so because our water here tends to build up scale in the kettle pretty quickly.

Brihony

Brihonyasked

Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle

Our pearl white DeLonghi kettle has had coffee spilt on it and it has stained the outside of the kettle. We have tried regular detergent but it doesn’t budge. We are scared to try anything harsher without advice. Any tips?

Lisa
Lisa

I’d try a paste made from bi carb and lemon juice. Add to stain, rub in gently and leave for an hour or so

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives