DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 4 of 6)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Denisep

DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.

Brittle Plastic that is Not Heat Resistant

I have had several of these kettles CRACK literally. One time was the water level indicator. Another time included the area just beneath the water level indicator. Another instance was when the base cracked.

I'm not sure how safe it is to use, but I wouldn't take my chances with this kettle. The newer models ditch the metal altogether and opt for plastic. That's a recipe for disaster as you might see from the other reviews on that model.

Too much hassle getting it sent in to get fixed.

DEBW

DEBW

Paint peeling off kettle

I bought the matching pair as I loved the red colour. I noticed when I boiled the kettle the red colour changed to a depper red over time the paint has been peeling off. The toaster is still the same lovely red but the kettle looks terrible with paint peeling of and showing the metal underneath, it is still working fine. Disappointed.

laurel

laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.

Thin plastic base

Palindrome

PalindromePerth, WA

Love the look but not the noise

I had to check other peoples reviews on this kettle as guest have mentioned the noise coming from it. After hearing this, I have taken note of other kettles and this one does emitt more noise.

Besides that it looks great. Haven't had any issues with rust as mentioned by other reviewers

Mary P

Mary PSydney, NSW

Love this kettle - going strong after years and very attractive

Love this kettle - has had a lot of use especially when baby needed bottles made all the time and things needed to be reheated.

Easy to clean inside, wipes down a treat outside and looks great - stylish but not a "trend" or "fad" look in my opinion. I got mine in black gloss, but the colour range I saw was incredible. I regret not buying another colour for something different.

Bought it with the matching toaster, look great together.

It is a tiny bit noisier than other kettles, but that doesnt bother me much, it is barely noticeable.

Cheap quality

Flybuys purchase. Not what I hoped for, very tinny, unstable on the base, hard to fill via the spout and the lid is not easy to remove. the would not purchase again if I have to replace it. I think they are specifically made for flybuys as other models seem better quality.

Very dissapointed

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

works well, but exterior deteriorated quickly

We love the look of this kettle, and it works well, but after 2 years of use in an average household the "chrome" is peeling off to reveal the plastic beneath, and the "enamel" has chipped. It now looks tattered and unsightly, not what I expected when I bought what I thought was a top of the range kettle.

Suzie76

Suzie76South Australia

second one, but no more!

Bought my first ICONA in Pearl White and matching 4 slice toaster nearly 5 years ago. Replaced the kettle 2 years ago due to the first one leaking and rusting on the outside (wasn't too fussed as we are heavy users) bought a second one only to have the chrome trim of the lid deteriorate in just 12 months. Currently looking to replace both the kettle and toaster (toaster is fine but want to match)

Oh and we are on filtered rain water, so have the rust/brown marks inside too...

Desiree

DesireeCanberra

Not made to last

The kettle has worked well for several years but the trim which looks like metal but is actually coated plastic, has peeled. Also, the plastic in the lid chipped.
It looks good but the lid is very hard to get off.
Anyway it has stopped working. We had expected it to last a bit longer.

CLehane

CLehaneAdelaide

Lovely, but flawed

I really liked the look of this kettle; quite stylish for the kitchen and the same colour as our food processor. (The DeLonghi Sherbet kettle matched the Breville Sherbet Food Whizz better than the new Breville Sherbet kettle we have!)
No complaints really except that it started rusting just inside the lid and on the kettle where it made contact with the lid within 2-3 weeks. I started cleaning it away with the intention of just living with it, but really, it wasn't good enough. We replaced it with a Smart Kettle and the one thing I miss is the freedom to boil a smaller amount of water; the Smart Kettle has a minimum of 500mL. Pity. The look was awesome.

Jun

JunSydney

Nice and pretty but Leaking

We have used well for about 1.5 years, but it was start leaking at the base.
one day we leave this onto our ceramic stove, and due to the leaking water our stove top was damaged and we paid to replace fuse box.

Now due to the newborn, we have to boil the water more often, i bought another one. (Can't afford wipe out the water all the time)

Telling it like it is

Telling it like it isSydney

Love the kettle - hate the rust

I love this kettle, but it rusted inside in just 6 months. I was very careful to never leave water just sitting in there having read other reviews when I bought the kettle. I gambled that surely DeLonghi would've fixed this issue... Apparently not. Love the look of the kettle and it's not too loud.

Julie J

Julie JCanberra

Fantastic, love my Delonghi

After reading the reviews here, frankly I'd have to say a lot of them are either written by competitors or people just simply aren't using their kettle properly. I've had my kettle for six months with a busy family, on weekends its used almost every half hour and it gets a real workout morning and night during the week too.
I've never found it any noisier than any other kettle, it's fast, reliable and I love the stylish look of it. It boils water, that's all I expect it to do and it does it well. I love it and will buy another if this ever fails on me.

All but perfect

Love the kettle only downside is that is is really loud. I have the blue it's absolutely gorgeous suits my kitchen perfectly

BarbiQ

BarbiQSouth East Queensland, QLD

ABSOLUTE MESS !!

n.pike91

n.pike91QLD, 4311

Never missed a beat

I have no idea what these other people are on about! Purchased mine from the good guys March of last year and oh my goodness, I was surprised at how well it has done. At the time it was top of the line (and cost me a pretty penny) but I was really wanting a statement piece and the matching toaster and coffee maker sold it for me. All three have been working like a charm since that day and I wish I used the coffee maker more often as it makes the most delicious coffee but I am just more of a tea drinker.

billyjoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Kettle !

billyjo

G’day all. After 4+ years the kettle is performing well and still retains finish quality and boiling efforts. Still use it +/- 4 to 5 time’s daily w/ no complaints or concerns.