DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 3 of 4)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

watashi
watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Aggie
Aggiesydney

Kettle has stopped working!

After 7 months the kettle has just stopped working. Little orange light comes on but water does not boil. Australian Delonghi won't replace it as it was bought in the UK. Not good enough when it says it comes with a warranty period of 1 year. Very disappointed as i bought it with the matching toaster.

Denisep
DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.

Brittle Plastic that is Not Heat Resistant

I have had several of these kettles CRACK literally. One time was the water level indicator. Another time included the area just beneath the water level indicator. Another instance was when the base cracked.

I'm not sure how safe it is to use, but I wouldn't take my chances with this kettle. The newer models ditch the metal altogether and opt for plastic. That's a recipe for disaster as you might see from the other reviews on that model.

Too much hassle getting it sent in to get fixed.

DEBW
DEBW

Paint peeling off kettle

I bought the matching pair as I loved the red colour. I noticed when I boiled the kettle the red colour changed to a depper red over time the paint has been peeling off. The toaster is still the same lovely red but the kettle looks terrible with paint peeling of and showing the metal underneath, it is still working fine. Disappointed.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Thin plastic base

Cheap quality

Flybuys purchase. Not what I hoped for, very tinny, unstable on the base, hard to fill via the spout and the lid is not easy to remove. the would not purchase again if I have to replace it. I think they are specifically made for flybuys as other models seem better quality.

Very dissapointed

Suzie76
Suzie76South Australia

second one, but no more!

Bought my first ICONA in Pearl White and matching 4 slice toaster nearly 5 years ago. Replaced the kettle 2 years ago due to the first one leaking and rusting on the outside (wasn't too fussed as we are heavy users) bought a second one only to have the chrome trim of the lid deteriorate in just 12 months. Currently looking to replace both the kettle and toaster (toaster is fine but want to match)

Oh and we are on filtered rain water, so have the rust/brown marks inside too...

CLehane
CLehaneAdelaide

Lovely, but flawed

I really liked the look of this kettle; quite stylish for the kitchen and the same colour as our food processor. (The DeLonghi Sherbet kettle matched the Breville Sherbet Food Whizz better than the new Breville Sherbet kettle we have!)
No complaints really except that it started rusting just inside the lid and on the kettle where it made contact with the lid within 2-3 weeks. I started cleaning it away with the intention of just living with it, but really, it wasn't good enough. We replaced it with a Smart Kettle and the one thing I miss is the freedom to boil a smaller amount of water; the Smart Kettle has a minimum of 500mL. Pity. The look was awesome.

Jun
JunSydney

Nice and pretty but Leaking

We have used well for about 1.5 years, but it was start leaking at the base.
one day we leave this onto our ceramic stove, and due to the leaking water our stove top was damaged and we paid to replace fuse box.

Now due to the newborn, we have to boil the water more often, i bought another one. (Can't afford wipe out the water all the time)

BarbiQ
BarbiQSouth East Queensland, QLD

ABSOLUTE MESS !!

Rusted within a week.

My icona kettle was a birthday present this year (April 2014) i have returned it 3 times, each time because of rust Inside at the bottom. My latest started rusting within 1 week. It is now June 2014 and I have exchanged 3 of these kettles and i am very disappointed. Don't waste your time.
Looks
Rusted inside at the bottom.

Pam
PamPeel, WA

Short life span

I purchased my beautiful blue DeLonghi kettle along with a four slice toaster about 18 months ago and although I did find the lid very tight to remove was very happy with the looks and performance until about 2 mths ago when the kettle just wouldn't work any more. Considering how much I paid for this kettle I certainly would expect it to last a lot longer than that. I have had cheap kettles which have lasted 10 times longer so I now have a cheap0 kambrook and the blue kettle just sits there as a decorator piece.
Colour
Didn't last longer than 18 mths

DeLonghi Icona vintage Kettle

After I purchased the kettle, I found the kettle lid to be very tight and required a lot of strength to remove lid.
I was told to fill it through the spout. If needed cleaning to bad the sales person said they were all the same, I agree with similar reviews