KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

honesty

honestysydney

SOOO NOISY ! WAY TO LOUD

It's a kettle, looks good and works well however it's SO loud you have to stop talking / turn the tv right up when it's on. Definately would not buy another one. My mum also has one with exactly the same issue. Get this kettle is you are deaf lol

AnthonyN

AnthonyNSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Wouldn’t buy a new one

Loud, very loud for a premium kettle, taste is fine. It’s slower than most, but that’s because of the 1.7l volume, which is larger than most.
Had this kettle now for 5 yrs now, average 3 boils a day, but it disappointed me from the very first year for what you would be touting the looks. The chrome started peeling the first year and asked if something could be done about, the staff at the good guys said it wasn’t an issue that could be resolved.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Suzanne H.

Suzanne H.

Had a good run from this kettle

I had this kettle for a good 7 years it was reliable ,a bit noisy when boiling, eventually had to chuck it out when it started to Leak from the bottom, I would recommend it and I would buy another one.

Purchased in March 2013 at David Jones for $199.00.

Noise Level

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Lisa S

Lisa SHunter Region, NSW

Thought I was buying a high end kettle, it stopped working

Purchased in October 2016.

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bad Buy

Very heavy even when empty
very noisy
almost impossible to see water leveler which is hidden behind the handle; cannot understand the logic behind it if there is any
lid gets hot and must be careful when pulling it off
Would not recommend it to anyone and specially not elderly people
The more expensive model does not seem any better
Checking with retailer if I can return it

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Mezz

MezzSydney, NSW

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Maria

MariaPerth, WA

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ryan W

Ryan WShepparton

Element burned out after 18 months

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Ianjam

IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Kettle stopped working after 2 years

Bought kettle from good guy's after the first one broke down due to a whistling noise ie it was supposed to silent. We bought a different model which just broke after 2 years. Never again will i buy a delongi kettle very dissapointed with the product. Kettles shouldnt break down after 2 years when it was expensive to pirchase

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Julie

JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Patty

PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
watashi

watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Denisep

DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.