DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 2 of 4)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Mezz
MezzSydney, NSW

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Pat S
Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Terrible Kettle

I bought this kettle based on its looks but have been really disappointed with its performance. My main concern is how hot the exterior gets, especially the lid. You can not touch the lid for a long time after boiling water. If you need to add water to boil again (unexpectedly need to boil water again so soon) the lid will still be scalding hot.
Staff at Harvey Norman talked me into buying it and conned me with the price, saying I would never find it cheaper anywhere else - guess what, that's because they have it manufactured with a different button so customers can never find the EXACT kettle anywhere else. I won't buy any more Delonghi products and won't ever walk into Harvey Norman again!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Maria
MariaPerth, WA

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
adz
adzMid North Coast, NSW

waste of money

4 days after use switch broke and had to turn it on and off at the power point
1 week later it started to leak water
purchased it with fly buy points and seemed to difficult to get a refund so i threw it in the bin
for a kettle at this price a lot more is expected , went back to using out $6.99 kettle which had been going for 5 yrs now

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Date PurchasedNov 2015
cuta
cutaMelbourne

Delonghi Icona Toaster

Bought this toaster 13 months ago and it is now cutting the power in the whole house. Contacted Delonghi and they refuse to repair or replace. Worst customer service ever. Avoid purchasing Delonghi products as they are overpriced rubbish. A $15 toaster from Kmart will last longer. Avoid Avoid Avoid

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ianjam
IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Mathews
MathewsPerth

terrible product and warranty

I purchased the kettle in March 2017 from Harvey Norman and used it more than once every day. Within 4 months, the kettle has rusted inside and outside. When contacted the manufacturer under the warranty, I was given the run around - to take to an agent who will forward the product to the Delonghi and wait for their decision. You have to live without a kettle during that time. What a terrible product and what a terrible service. Please don't buy this product. I will not buy any of their product in my life time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

mel
meltasmania

Disappointed to say the least!

I have never bought a DeLonghi product before and I certainly will not be buying another! I was so excited when I came across the Icona Vintage Kettle and toaster range online. I bought the kettle and toaster and they looked awesome in my country kitchen. Didn't take long for the Kettle to start peeling, I was shocked at how cheaply these products are made. The toaster takes ages to toast... I can't believe I replaced my trusty 10 year old Tefal Toaster with this crappy one! DeLonghi products look beautiful...you pay a fortune for them because you think you are investing in something that's going to last...NOT. Ripped off big time!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Kettle stopped working after 2 years

Bought kettle from good guy's after the first one broke down due to a whistling noise ie it was supposed to silent. We bought a different model which just broke after 2 years. Never again will i buy a delongi kettle very dissapointed with the product. Kettles shouldnt break down after 2 years when it was expensive to pirchase

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Worst kettle and most expensive I have ever purchased

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Julie
JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Patty
PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
watashi
watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Aggie
Aggiesydney

Kettle has stopped working!

After 7 months the kettle has just stopped working. Little orange light comes on but water does not boil. Australian Delonghi won't replace it as it was bought in the UK. Not good enough when it says it comes with a warranty period of 1 year. Very disappointed as i bought it with the matching toaster.

Denisep
DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.

Brittle Plastic that is Not Heat Resistant

I have had several of these kettles CRACK literally. One time was the water level indicator. Another time included the area just beneath the water level indicator. Another instance was when the base cracked.

I'm not sure how safe it is to use, but I wouldn't take my chances with this kettle. The newer models ditch the metal altogether and opt for plastic. That's a recipe for disaster as you might see from the other reviews on that model.

Too much hassle getting it sent in to get fixed.

DEBW
DEBW

Paint peeling off kettle

I bought the matching pair as I loved the red colour. I noticed when I boiled the kettle the red colour changed to a depper red over time the paint has been peeling off. The toaster is still the same lovely red but the kettle looks terrible with paint peeling of and showing the metal underneath, it is still working fine. Disappointed.

laurel
laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.

Thin plastic base

Mary P
Mary PSydney, NSW

Love this kettle - going strong after years and very attractive

Love this kettle - has had a lot of use especially when baby needed bottles made all the time and things needed to be reheated.

Easy to clean inside, wipes down a treat outside and looks great - stylish but not a "trend" or "fad" look in my opinion. I got mine in black gloss, but the colour range I saw was incredible. I regret not buying another colour for something different.

Bought it with the matching toaster, look great together.

It is a tiny bit noisier than other kettles, but that doesnt bother me much, it is barely noticeable.

Cheap quality

Flybuys purchase. Not what I hoped for, very tinny, unstable on the base, hard to fill via the spout and the lid is not easy to remove. the would not purchase again if I have to replace it. I think they are specifically made for flybuys as other models seem better quality.

Very dissapointed

Suzie76
Suzie76South Australia

second one, but no more!

Bought my first ICONA in Pearl White and matching 4 slice toaster nearly 5 years ago. Replaced the kettle 2 years ago due to the first one leaking and rusting on the outside (wasn't too fussed as we are heavy users) bought a second one only to have the chrome trim of the lid deteriorate in just 12 months. Currently looking to replace both the kettle and toaster (toaster is fine but want to match)

Oh and we are on filtered rain water, so have the rust/brown marks inside too...