DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 3 of 4)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Desiree
DesireeCanberra

Not made to last

The kettle has worked well for several years but the trim which looks like metal but is actually coated plastic, has peeled. Also, the plastic in the lid chipped.
It looks good but the lid is very hard to get off.
Anyway it has stopped working. We had expected it to last a bit longer.

CLehane
CLehaneAdelaide

Lovely, but flawed

I really liked the look of this kettle; quite stylish for the kitchen and the same colour as our food processor. (The DeLonghi Sherbet kettle matched the Breville Sherbet Food Whizz better than the new Breville Sherbet kettle we have!)
No complaints really except that it started rusting just inside the lid and on the kettle where it made contact with the lid within 2-3 weeks. I started cleaning it away with the intention of just living with it, but really, it wasn't good enough. We replaced it with a Smart Kettle and the one thing I miss is the freedom to boil a smaller amount of water; the Smart Kettle has a minimum of 500mL. Pity. The look was awesome.

Jun
JunSydney

Nice and pretty but Leaking

We have used well for about 1.5 years, but it was start leaking at the base.
one day we leave this onto our ceramic stove, and due to the leaking water our stove top was damaged and we paid to replace fuse box.

Now due to the newborn, we have to boil the water more often, i bought another one. (Can't afford wipe out the water all the time)

All but perfect

Love the kettle only downside is that is is really loud. I have the blue it's absolutely gorgeous suits my kitchen perfectly

BarbiQ
BarbiQSouth East Queensland, QLD

ABSOLUTE MESS !!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Rusted within a week.

My icona kettle was a birthday present this year (April 2014) i have returned it 3 times, each time because of rust Inside at the bottom. My latest started rusting within 1 week. It is now June 2014 and I have exchanged 3 of these kettles and i am very disappointed. Don't waste your time.
Looks
Rusted inside at the bottom.

Pam
PamPeel, WA

Short life span

I purchased my beautiful blue DeLonghi kettle along with a four slice toaster about 18 months ago and although I did find the lid very tight to remove was very happy with the looks and performance until about 2 mths ago when the kettle just wouldn't work any more. Considering how much I paid for this kettle I certainly would expect it to last a lot longer than that. I have had cheap kettles which have lasted 10 times longer so I now have a cheap0 kambrook and the blue kettle just sits there as a decorator piece.
Colour
Didn't last longer than 18 mths

DeLonghi Icona vintage Kettle

After I purchased the kettle, I found the kettle lid to be very tight and required a lot of strength to remove lid.
I was told to fill it through the spout. If needed cleaning to bad the sales person said they were all the same, I agree with similar reviews

Y Chen
Y ChenSydney

Lid is too tight Spout is too sharp Caused accident

Aussie_1901
Aussie_1901NSW

Very Bad quality and poorly made

We brought this kettle & matching toaster in red to brighten up the kitchen LOOKS great but after about 6 months the lid of the kettles silver ring broke off and inside the kettle itself discoloured. The lid is overly tight and does not remove easily. Other than that it did what its meant to do and boils water, I am looking for replacement so very disappointed with my $119 purchase
Looks Good
Expensive and Poorly made

Smart shopper
Smart shopperMelbourne

It is a shame the base rusted out

Great kettle - nice to hold, fill and boil. However starting developing rust on the stainless steel base over the element within weeks. Based on previous reviews and call to Delonghi did not bother with exchange but took back to Myers for refund and now looking for another kettle. Delonghi did not state it was a known problem or subject to a recall.
Great looking (red colour), nice to hold
Rust developed inside on base

Orlando
Orlando

Looks good, does the job well

Most disappointing purchase!

Well my beautiful and stylish kettle lasted 16 months. It got rave reviews from visitors, it boiled water and the present it gave me on Christmas Day with a house full of guests was priceless! I had water leaking from the base and then the lever failed to work. I have had cheap kettles that lasted longer!
It looked great but that's all!
Didn't last, loud to boil, expensive and warranty inadequate for price.

Delonghi Icona

Bought first week of September, within 2 months it had boomed rusty inside base. Returned to shop had to stand my ground as manager didn't want to exchange or refund. Finally exchanged for a new on, now starting to notice same problem just under three weeks old. Am returning today for my full refund. Very disappointed.
had one previously design, perfomance
Rusty inside

Rubbish, Poor design

Heavy (almost 1kg empty)
Handle is badly designed so that the kettle tends to tilt forward when you lift it.
Noisy, sounds like a jet taking off! (measured at 84dB at 1 Metre distance)
Handle hides the water level gauge.
Lid hard to remove and the spout is too small to use to fill the kettle.
The kettle design is badly flawed. Come on Delonghi get your act together and get some designers who just don't design for looks and try using their items before foisting them on the public.

Lauren S
Lauren S

don't agree: great design but wondering about the materials used: aluminum?

Greg3248
Greg3248Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointing for the price

Michelle5472
Michelle5472South East Queensland, QLD

Dont buy from DeLonghi

snookies
snookies

Was looking at this kettle. Lucky I read reviews. Will stick with the usual cheaper brand.

Likewise. Thanks for sharing this. I was on the point of handing over my credit card to Myer when I thought I'd better just check what others had said!

ron9451
ron9451melbourne

Form over Function

Looks great and thought it should be at least average quality for the brand and high price, however lid not easy to use, rather loud and after only 20 months just stopped working. all the cheap ones i've owned have lasted much longer! pity its not as good as it looks as it suits the new kitchen perfectly. lucky we kept the old phillips kettle
Good looks
Reliability, noise, function

Leaks from base

This kettle seemed fine at first, but after a few months it started to leak water from the base - we can't exactly see from where, and the problem seems to be increasing as time goes on, although it doesn't leak EVERY time you boil the water, it's maybe a couple of times per week - but sometimes it's a lot of water, and it's pretty annoying not to mention unsafe.

Leaks from base.

Cooch70
Cooch70Melbourne

Just stopped boiling???

I had bought this just over a year ago. Two days ago I pressed down the latch to boil the water, the light went on and am still waiting for my water to boil 2 days later. I will never buy this kettle ever again. I have a baby and it's just not reliable.
it looks great
Light goes on but just stopped working out of the blue.

Pot  Kettle
Pot Kettle

Yeah, babies are notoriously unreliable ...

E_M_F_D
E_M_F_DAU

Omg - what an expensive health hazard!

My kettle is rusting... I have tried so hard to remove the rust but it is getting worse (mainly on the inside rim of the lid). In short, i am not happy!! Purchase this one (and cross your fingers) with caution.
It looks nice
Its rusting. I thought it was supposedly stainless steel?

kim32
kim32South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I read the reviews here before I bought it so knew some things to expect.
I don't find it any noisier than my previous kettle (which was meant to be a noiseless boiler, and that only did that for 2 weeks, go Breville).
It looks stylish, have had many nice comments about it. Love the handle it's easy to pour. Love the colour (I have the white one),
Style, fast to boil, easy to pour, no drips
the lid can be hard to remove if hot, a litttle difficult to see the water line at times

Pantoni
PantoniCHATSWOOD

Stylish and Practical

A very classy design and looks great with the matching Toaster.
1.7 litre capacity, which boils quickly and stays hot longer than other kettles I've owned. It doesn't drip nor does it taste. It comes in a range of colours. Overall im very happy with my purchase and managed to haggle The good guys down to $110
quick boil, easy to clean, nice handle, no drips
lid is a little tight, water level is a bit hard to read, a little noisy when boils

FreeSpirit1
FreeSpirit1AU

Second one broken after a couple of weeks

I purchased the 1st Delonghi kettle as a package with a toaster, toaster is fine but the lovely red kettle takes forever to boil after a couple of weeks. Checked if there was sufficient water, nothing.
I ould not find the receipt so I bit the bullet & purchased another Red, they have changed the colour red in a few months so does not match with toaster & the first time I used it the water smelt and tasted burnt, I used botted water, guess what? It has carked it too. I give up the Delonghi does not last very longy.
Looks
Should last more than a week!

Conder
Conder

Love the look!

I love the look of this kettle though David Jones seemed to be the only store that stocked it in black. It is a bit more expensive than stainless steel kettles but I think it is worth it. I find it to be really good to pour, a lot of the kettles that I tried out in-store seemed to be awkward to use and top heavy which hurt my wrist. I like using cordless kettles. Not really quiet but is not too noisy.
The look. Easy to pour.
It is difficult to difficult to see how much waster is in the kettle using the water level indicator. The lid is a bit difficult to lift off and I do find it a bit annoying to have to lift the lid off, I prefer to use a lift release button.