DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 2 of 3)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

TeaLover
TeaLoverSydney

Paint is peeling

The kettle works fine, but the paint is peeling and the the plastic top of the lid is cracked soon after purchase. There is scale on outside of the kettle, but we don't know how to remove it without removing the paint with it. Doesn't look good any more. Expensive kettle, but the quality is disappointing.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Kettle stopped working after 2 years

Bought kettle from good guy's after the first one broke down due to a whistling noise ie it was supposed to silent. We bought a different model which just broke after 2 years. Never again will i buy a delongi kettle very dissapointed with the product. Kettles shouldnt break down after 2 years when it was expensive to pirchase

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Julie
JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Patty
PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
watashi
watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
kellymc24
kellymc24Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Takes forever to boil!

seems all good, but takes forever to boil! Takes 5:48 to boil. Unsure if this is the norm for all kettles? This is when it is full, will be timing when it is not full as that seems to take the same amount of time too. Will update review when I have timed it from not full.

Denisep
DenisepWA, 6330

So very disappointed

Bought the kettle and toaster from Harvey Norman. I really couldn't afford it but thought if it was expensive it had to be good. Very cheap bits on it. Now it has decided to heat up to a certain point (not boiling). Now I have to throw out over $100. Not impressed. I thought it was a trusted brand, never again.

DEBW
DEBW

Paint peeling off kettle

I bought the matching pair as I loved the red colour. I noticed when I boiled the kettle the red colour changed to a depper red over time the paint has been peeling off. The toaster is still the same lovely red but the kettle looks terrible with paint peeling of and showing the metal underneath, it is still working fine. Disappointed.

laurel
laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.

Thin plastic base

Palindrome
PalindromePerth, WA

Love the look but not the noise

I had to check other peoples reviews on this kettle as guest have mentioned the noise coming from it. After hearing this, I have taken note of other kettles and this one does emitt more noise.

Besides that it looks great. Haven't had any issues with rust as mentioned by other reviewers

Mary P
Mary PSydney, NSW

Love this kettle - going strong after years and very attractive

Love this kettle - has had a lot of use especially when baby needed bottles made all the time and things needed to be reheated.

Easy to clean inside, wipes down a treat outside and looks great - stylish but not a "trend" or "fad" look in my opinion. I got mine in black gloss, but the colour range I saw was incredible. I regret not buying another colour for something different.

Bought it with the matching toaster, look great together.

It is a tiny bit noisier than other kettles, but that doesnt bother me much, it is barely noticeable.

Cheap quality

Flybuys purchase. Not what I hoped for, very tinny, unstable on the base, hard to fill via the spout and the lid is not easy to remove. the would not purchase again if I have to replace it. I think they are specifically made for flybuys as other models seem better quality.

works well, but exterior deteriorated quickly

We love the look of this kettle, and it works well, but after 2 years of use in an average household the "chrome" is peeling off to reveal the plastic beneath, and the "enamel" has chipped. It now looks tattered and unsightly, not what I expected when I bought what I thought was a top of the range kettle.

Suzie76
Suzie76South Australia

second one, but no more!

Bought my first ICONA in Pearl White and matching 4 slice toaster nearly 5 years ago. Replaced the kettle 2 years ago due to the first one leaking and rusting on the outside (wasn't too fussed as we are heavy users) bought a second one only to have the chrome trim of the lid deteriorate in just 12 months. Currently looking to replace both the kettle and toaster (toaster is fine but want to match)

Oh and we are on filtered rain water, so have the rust/brown marks inside too...

Desiree
DesireeCanberra

Not made to last

The kettle has worked well for several years but the trim which looks like metal but is actually coated plastic, has peeled. Also, the plastic in the lid chipped.
It looks good but the lid is very hard to get off.
Anyway it has stopped working. We had expected it to last a bit longer.

CLehane
CLehaneAdelaide

Lovely, but flawed

I really liked the look of this kettle; quite stylish for the kitchen and the same colour as our food processor. (The DeLonghi Sherbet kettle matched the Breville Sherbet Food Whizz better than the new Breville Sherbet kettle we have!)
No complaints really except that it started rusting just inside the lid and on the kettle where it made contact with the lid within 2-3 weeks. I started cleaning it away with the intention of just living with it, but really, it wasn't good enough. We replaced it with a Smart Kettle and the one thing I miss is the freedom to boil a smaller amount of water; the Smart Kettle has a minimum of 500mL. Pity. The look was awesome.

Telling it like it is
Telling it like it isSydney

Love the kettle - hate the rust

I love this kettle, but it rusted inside in just 6 months. I was very careful to never leave water just sitting in there having read other reviews when I bought the kettle. I gambled that surely DeLonghi would've fixed this issue... Apparently not. Love the look of the kettle and it's not too loud.

All but perfect

Love the kettle only downside is that is is really loud. I have the blue it's absolutely gorgeous suits my kitchen perfectly

Y Chen
Y ChenSydney

Lid is too tight Spout is too sharp Caused accident

Aussie_1901
Aussie_1901NSW

Very Bad quality and poorly made

We brought this kettle & matching toaster in red to brighten up the kitchen LOOKS great but after about 6 months the lid of the kettles silver ring broke off and inside the kettle itself discoloured. The lid is overly tight and does not remove easily. Other than that it did what its meant to do and boils water, I am looking for replacement so very disappointed with my $119 purchase
Looks Good
Expensive and Poorly made

Orlando
Orlando

Looks good, does the job well

Leaks from base

This kettle seemed fine at first, but after a few months it started to leak water from the base - we can't exactly see from where, and the problem seems to be increasing as time goes on, although it doesn't leak EVERY time you boil the water, it's maybe a couple of times per week - but sometimes it's a lot of water, and it's pretty annoying not to mention unsafe.

Leaks from base.

Cooch70
Cooch70Melbourne

Just stopped boiling???

I had bought this just over a year ago. Two days ago I pressed down the latch to boil the water, the light went on and am still waiting for my water to boil 2 days later. I will never buy this kettle ever again. I have a baby and it's just not reliable.
it looks great
Light goes on but just stopped working out of the blue.

Pot  Kettle
Pot Kettle

Yeah, babies are notoriously unreliable ...

kim32
kim32South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I read the reviews here before I bought it so knew some things to expect.
I don't find it any noisier than my previous kettle (which was meant to be a noiseless boiler, and that only did that for 2 weeks, go Breville).
It looks stylish, have had many nice comments about it. Love the handle it's easy to pour. Love the colour (I have the white one),
Style, fast to boil, easy to pour, no drips
the lid can be hard to remove if hot, a litttle difficult to see the water line at times