DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 3 of 3)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

chez25
chez25AU

Disappointed but being corrected

I purchased my Delonghi black kettle, with a matching toaster in May 2011. The kettle stained inside on the bottom almost immediately on using it - Melbourne water which is pretty good quality! It has been used about twice every day, with the exception of being overseas for 6 weeks, now it doesn't boil at all!! Very disappointed with this, as it has been treated with care - one middle aged user. I thought the warranty was only 6 months, but have just called customer care to be told it is 12 months. I have now taken it to the repairer as advised by cust care, but will be without a kettle between 2 - 4 weeks!
Beautiful styling
Just over 6 months and no longer works - Bad Value

Chris19
Chris19
Pantoni
PantoniCHATSWOOD

Stylish and Practical

A very classy design and looks great with the matching Toaster.
1.7 litre capacity, which boils quickly and stays hot longer than other kettles I've owned. It doesn't drip nor does it taste. It comes in a range of colours. Overall im very happy with my purchase and managed to haggle The good guys down to $110
quick boil, easy to clean, nice handle, no drips
lid is a little tight, water level is a bit hard to read, a little noisy when boils

Conder
Conder

Love the look!

I love the look of this kettle though David Jones seemed to be the only store that stocked it in black. It is a bit more expensive than stainless steel kettles but I think it is worth it. I find it to be really good to pour, a lot of the kettles that I tried out in-store seemed to be awkward to use and top heavy which hurt my wrist. I like using cordless kettles. Not really quiet but is not too noisy.
The look. Easy to pour.
It is difficult to difficult to see how much waster is in the kettle using the water level indicator. The lid is a bit difficult to lift off and I do find it a bit annoying to have to lift the lid off, I prefer to use a lift release button.

Electric Kettles

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

Good

Perth1982AU

Style over Substance

We have upgraded from a rather slow and loud stovetop kettle to the Delonghi Icona. We purchased this kettle from Harvey Normans in the white. It is an absolutely gorgeous looking kettle, it's heavy and easy to recognize as good quality. Having read previous reviews on this site, I thought I was purchasing a rather quiet kettle but I haven't found this to be the case - it is not at all quiet except for when it turns off! I don't think it makes an exceptional cup of tea like others are claiming either. If you want a beautiful accessory in your kitchen that is good quality but in all essence works as well as your average kettle then this is a good choice.
Pretty, good quality
Noisy

Perth1982

Died just short of two years - expensive purchase for a few years worth of cuppas...