KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Suzanne H.

Suzanne H.

Had a good run from this kettle

I had this kettle for a good 7 years it was reliable ,a bit noisy when boiling, eventually had to chuck it out when it started to Leak from the bottom, I would recommend it and I would buy another one.

Purchased in March 2013 at David Jones for $199.00.

Noise Level
C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Mezz

MezzSydney, NSW

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Maria

MariaPerth, WA

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ianjam

IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Julie

JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Patty

PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
laurel

laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.

Mary P

Mary PSydney, NSW

Love this kettle - going strong after years and very attractive

Love this kettle - has had a lot of use especially when baby needed bottles made all the time and things needed to be reheated.

Easy to clean inside, wipes down a treat outside and looks great - stylish but not a "trend" or "fad" look in my opinion. I got mine in black gloss, but the colour range I saw was incredible. I regret not buying another colour for something different.

Bought it with the matching toaster, look great together.

It is a tiny bit noisier than other kettles, but that doesnt bother me much, it is barely noticeable.

Desiree

DesireeCanberra

Not made to last

The kettle has worked well for several years but the trim which looks like metal but is actually coated plastic, has peeled. Also, the plastic in the lid chipped.
It looks good but the lid is very hard to get off.
Anyway it has stopped working. We had expected it to last a bit longer.

All but perfect

Love the kettle only downside is that is is really loud. I have the blue it's absolutely gorgeous suits my kitchen perfectly

Orlando

Orlando

Looks good, does the job well

kim32

kim32South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I read the reviews here before I bought it so knew some things to expect.
I don't find it any noisier than my previous kettle (which was meant to be a noiseless boiler, and that only did that for 2 weeks, go Breville).
It looks stylish, have had many nice comments about it. Love the handle it's easy to pour. Love the colour (I have the white one),
Style, fast to boil, easy to pour, no drips
the lid can be hard to remove if hot, a litttle difficult to see the water line at times

Pantoni

PantoniCHATSWOOD

Stylish and Practical

A very classy design and looks great with the matching Toaster.
1.7 litre capacity, which boils quickly and stays hot longer than other kettles I've owned. It doesn't drip nor does it taste. It comes in a range of colours. Overall im very happy with my purchase and managed to haggle The good guys down to $110
quick boil, easy to clean, nice handle, no drips
lid is a little tight, water level is a bit hard to read, a little noisy when boils

Conder

Conder

Love the look!

I love the look of this kettle though David Jones seemed to be the only store that stocked it in black. It is a bit more expensive than stainless steel kettles but I think it is worth it. I find it to be really good to pour, a lot of the kettles that I tried out in-store seemed to be awkward to use and top heavy which hurt my wrist. I like using cordless kettles. Not really quiet but is not too noisy.
The look. Easy to pour.
It is difficult to difficult to see how much waster is in the kettle using the water level indicator. The lid is a bit difficult to lift off and I do find it a bit annoying to have to lift the lid off, I prefer to use a lift release button.

Good

Perth1982AU

Style over Substance

We have upgraded from a rather slow and loud stovetop kettle to the Delonghi Icona. We purchased this kettle from Harvey Normans in the white. It is an absolutely gorgeous looking kettle, it's heavy and easy to recognize as good quality. Having read previous reviews on this site, I thought I was purchasing a rather quiet kettle but I haven't found this to be the case - it is not at all quiet except for when it turns off! I don't think it makes an exceptional cup of tea like others are claiming either. If you want a beautiful accessory in your kitchen that is good quality but in all essence works as well as your average kettle then this is a good choice.
Pretty, good quality
Noisy

Perth1982

Died just short of two years - expensive purchase for a few years worth of cuppas...