KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Roselyn

RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect pretty little but awesome kettle

This "Delonghi icona capitals red kettle" has been quite helpful and reliable unit of kettle that I have ever owned. Importantly, it is also very safe to use and to operate.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $116.10.

Noise Level

Annie K

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

BEST KETTLE!

I have had this kettle for near 6 years and absolutely love it. I love the look of it, I have lived in several places since owing it and it has looked great in every kitchen. It gets used daily and sometimes several times per day and is still as good now as it was new. The only thing I am disappointed about is that the Beige colour has now been discontinued so I cant buy a back up for when this one eventually stops- hopefully that isn't sometime soon. Will definitely be looking at another DeLonghi when the time comes.

Purchased in January 2014 for $149.00.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Nat

NatPerth

6 Years!

Our 6 year old black Icona kettle died today. We bought it with a matching 4 slice retro toaster which is still going strong. Hubby and I were really impressed to get 6 years out of the kettle so are now on the hunt to buy another in hope that it will last just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
TBird

TBirdAbbotsford

4 years old and still going well!

Julie J

Julie JCanberra

Fantastic, love my Delonghi

After reading the reviews here, frankly I'd have to say a lot of them are either written by competitors or people just simply aren't using their kettle properly. I've had my kettle for six months with a busy family, on weekends its used almost every half hour and it gets a real workout morning and night during the week too.
I've never found it any noisier than any other kettle, it's fast, reliable and I love the stylish look of it. It boils water, that's all I expect it to do and it does it well. I love it and will buy another if this ever fails on me.

n.pike91

n.pike91QLD, 4311

Never missed a beat

I have no idea what these other people are on about! Purchased mine from the good guys March of last year and oh my goodness, I was surprised at how well it has done. At the time it was top of the line (and cost me a pretty penny) but I was really wanting a statement piece and the matching toaster and coffee maker sold it for me. All three have been working like a charm since that day and I wish I used the coffee maker more often as it makes the most delicious coffee but I am just more of a tea drinker.

billyjoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Kettle !

billyjo

G’day all. After 4+ years the kettle is performing well and still retains finish quality and boiling efforts. Still use it +/- 4 to 5 time’s daily w/ no complaints or concerns.

Great kettle

I purchased this kettle nearly 3 years ago and it has worked perfectly, with no problems at all. Looks great, easy to use and clean. When I purchased it the lid was a little tight but I adjusted it and it has been fine. I also purchased the toaster also. I recommend them both.

Can't beleive bad reviews

I cant beleive I almost was about to cancel this purchase because of bad reviews in this site.
The weight is realy ok and it works reasonably quiet considering it is a steel kettle.
The handle is really comfortable and the water level could be seen well when puring the water.
I also like that it is easy to clean, because drops of watter are not seen as on other stainless steell kettles.
For some people lid could be the issue, but as I am pouring watter without removing the lid it is not an issue for me.
Design, quiet, comfortable handle
Price, Lid opening not as easy as on other kettles

Andrius Cyvas
Andrius Cyvas

Taking my words back. After 3 weeks of purchase it has stopped switching off automatically. Returned the product back.

lynne.merry.9
lynne.merry.9

Nearly decided to give this a go. Then saw your adapted comment. Just have to keep looking. Where are all the reliable kettles?

Rockn

RocknVictoria, 3030

colourful style

A great kettle, quiet, quick to boil the water. Comes in a range of stylish colours to match any decor in your house. Large handle for a strong hold when pouring out, doesn't drip at all, easy to fill with a wide spout and easy to remove lid, sits nicely on the base for cordless use.
size and colours

The best kettle ever,efficient and stylish

modern design with great capacity for family.Great energy saving features and makes my life that little bit easier,love it.Easy grip handle with easy top up which i only found with the Delonghi range and everyone has commented on it as it is colourful,funky and well made.It is light weight but solid too,well done Delonghi
energy efficient and functional

alipanda
alipanda

Phillip what do you mean by easy top up?
Is this through the spout?

Lorelee

LoreleeGoongerah, Victoria.

Buy it!

Courtneyd

CourtneydVictoria, 3055

Hot hot hot!

Such a stylish and iconic kitchen must have! It does the job AND looks good. The Delonghi boils reasonably quick , is quiet and is VERY easy to keep clean. We even bought the matching 4 slice toaster just to make that extra statement. DeLonghi definitely statement items, that need to be seen as well as used.
It looks GREAT.
Maybe a little loud when boiling - but only in small areas.