KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

honesty

honestysydney

SOOO NOISY ! WAY TO LOUD

It's a kettle, looks good and works well however it's SO loud you have to stop talking / turn the tv right up when it's on. Definately would not buy another one. My mum also has one with exactly the same issue. Get this kettle is you are deaf lol

AnthonyN

AnthonyNSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Wouldn’t buy a new one

Loud, very loud for a premium kettle, taste is fine. It’s slower than most, but that’s because of the 1.7l volume, which is larger than most.
Had this kettle now for 5 yrs now, average 3 boils a day, but it disappointed me from the very first year for what you would be touting the looks. The chrome started peeling the first year and asked if something could be done about, the staff at the good guys said it wasn’t an issue that could be resolved.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Roselyn

RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect pretty little but awesome kettle

This "Delonghi icona capitals red kettle" has been quite helpful and reliable unit of kettle that I have ever owned. Importantly, it is also very safe to use and to operate.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $116.10.

Noise Level

Annie K

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

BEST KETTLE!

I have had this kettle for near 6 years and absolutely love it. I love the look of it, I have lived in several places since owing it and it has looked great in every kitchen. It gets used daily and sometimes several times per day and is still as good now as it was new. The only thing I am disappointed about is that the Beige colour has now been discontinued so I cant buy a back up for when this one eventually stops- hopefully that isn't sometime soon. Will definitely be looking at another DeLonghi when the time comes.

Purchased in January 2014 for $149.00.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level

Lisa S

Lisa SHunter Region, NSW

Thought I was buying a high end kettle, it stopped working

Purchased in October 2016.

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bad Buy

Very heavy even when empty
very noisy
almost impossible to see water leveler which is hidden behind the handle; cannot understand the logic behind it if there is any
lid gets hot and must be careful when pulling it off
Would not recommend it to anyone and specially not elderly people
The more expensive model does not seem any better
Checking with retailer if I can return it

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

I purchased both Icona Vintage kettle and toaster on 15/12/14 from JB HI FI. I'm very disappointed with the kettle as the paint is now peeling off it. I paid $118 for the kettle and $147 for the toaster. The kettle sits on my bench top and now because of it's appearance it now sits in the cupboard. I do find it very loud as well when boiling. The toaster so far is good.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Kettle stopped working after 2 years

Bought kettle from good guy's after the first one broke down due to a whistling noise ie it was supposed to silent. We bought a different model which just broke after 2 years. Never again will i buy a delongi kettle very dissapointed with the product. Kettles shouldnt break down after 2 years when it was expensive to pirchase

Date PurchasedMay 2015
watashi

watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJune 2015