KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Roselyn

RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect pretty little but awesome kettle

This "Delonghi icona capitals red kettle" has been quite helpful and reliable unit of kettle that I have ever owned. Importantly, it is also very safe to use and to operate.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $116.10.

Noise Level

Annie K

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

BEST KETTLE!

I have had this kettle for near 6 years and absolutely love it. I love the look of it, I have lived in several places since owing it and it has looked great in every kitchen. It gets used daily and sometimes several times per day and is still as good now as it was new. The only thing I am disappointed about is that the Beige colour has now been discontinued so I cant buy a back up for when this one eventually stops- hopefully that isn't sometime soon. Will definitely be looking at another DeLonghi when the time comes.

Purchased in January 2014 for $149.00.

Michele1608

Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for $130.00.

Bazil

BazilNorth Western Region, NSW

Looks nice but noisy

Love the look of this kettle!! The lid is a little hard to remove when filling and the water level feature is hiding under the handle which makes it a little hard to see. The element is hidden but it is noisy when boiling. But it looks smart with its glossy finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas store for $120.00.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

Louise085

Louise085Launceston, TAS

A nice kettle

The kettle I purchased was lovely to look at, the water books quite quickly when full and has a great water level indicator. It’s a stylish, simple design which would match many styles of homes.

I was disappointed with the chrome that is on the lid and around the base of the kettle as it peeled and chipped off soon after purchase. This was a real negative as I paid for a great product which it wasn’t in the end.

MHardy

MHardy

Stylish but needs a few design issues fixed

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Water level indicator is opaque

Having unboxed the kettle from Goodguys, and topped up water for first time , the plastic water level tube is opaque and my elderly parents want to know idiot would make it like that. :)

Fair comment from people who have seen a few kettles come and go over 85 years. I think this one is going to go because of that annoying issue...

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Manufacture Date wanted

The kettle no longer boils water properly & will not boil again for sometime until after it cools down. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured as I was told I purchased it in 2013 which I feel is not correct. I did purchase extra warranty however this was after another brand of kettle started to leak and was returned to supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Tashahh

TashahhMandurah

Colour faded

I purchased both the Vintage Icona Kettle and Toaster. After 6 months of moderate use, (1 adult and 1 teenager) the kettle started to fade its Colour (blue). The toaster hasn't faded at all. As they sit on the bench side by side, it is very noticeable. The kettle works perfectly with no rust or scale build up, however am pretty disappointed as I paid a lot for it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Trendy

TrendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Icons vintage kettles

After two years kettle started to pack up as when boiling the water it cuts out as the switch is faulty and no parts to fix the problem just another throw away and buy a new one then the winge about land fill but as I say no spare parts for these kettles

Date PurchasedMay 2015
TeaLover

TeaLoverSydney

Paint is peeling

The kettle works fine, but the paint is peeling and the the plastic top of the lid is cracked soon after purchase. There is scale on outside of the kettle, but we don't know how to remove it without removing the paint with it. Doesn't look good any more. Expensive kettle, but the quality is disappointing.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Nat

NatPerth

6 Years!

Our 6 year old black Icona kettle died today. We bought it with a matching 4 slice retro toaster which is still going strong. Hubby and I were really impressed to get 6 years out of the kettle so are now on the hunt to buy another in hope that it will last just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
kellymc24

kellymc24Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Takes forever to boil!

seems all good, but takes forever to boil! Takes 5:48 to boil. Unsure if this is the norm for all kettles? This is when it is full, will be timing when it is not full as that seems to take the same amount of time too. Will update review when I have timed it from not full.