DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 2 of 3)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Manufacture Date wanted

The kettle no longer boils water properly & will not boil again for sometime until after it cools down. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured as I was told I purchased it in 2013 which I feel is not correct. I did purchase extra warranty however this was after another brand of kettle started to leak and was returned to supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Tashahh

TashahhMandurah

Colour faded

I purchased both the Vintage Icona Kettle and Toaster. After 6 months of moderate use, (1 adult and 1 teenager) the kettle started to fade its Colour (blue). The toaster hasn't faded at all. As they sit on the bench side by side, it is very noticeable. The kettle works perfectly with no rust or scale build up, however am pretty disappointed as I paid a lot for it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Trendy

TrendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Icons vintage kettles

After two years kettle started to pack up as when boiling the water it cuts out as the switch is faulty and no parts to fix the problem just another throw away and buy a new one then the winge about land fill but as I say no spare parts for these kettles

Date PurchasedMay 2015
TeaLover

TeaLoverSydney

Paint is peeling

The kettle works fine, but the paint is peeling and the the plastic top of the lid is cracked soon after purchase. There is scale on outside of the kettle, but we don't know how to remove it without removing the paint with it. Doesn't look good any more. Expensive kettle, but the quality is disappointing.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Nat

NatPerth

6 Years!

Our 6 year old black Icona kettle died today. We bought it with a matching 4 slice retro toaster which is still going strong. Hubby and I were really impressed to get 6 years out of the kettle so are now on the hunt to buy another in hope that it will last just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
kellymc24

kellymc24Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Takes forever to boil!

seems all good, but takes forever to boil! Takes 5:48 to boil. Unsure if this is the norm for all kettles? This is when it is full, will be timing when it is not full as that seems to take the same amount of time too. Will update review when I have timed it from not full.

TBird

TBirdAbbotsford

4 years old and still going well!

Palindrome

PalindromePerth, WA

Love the look but not the noise

I had to check other peoples reviews on this kettle as guest have mentioned the noise coming from it. After hearing this, I have taken note of other kettles and this one does emitt more noise.

Besides that it looks great. Haven't had any issues with rust as mentioned by other reviewers

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

works well, but exterior deteriorated quickly

We love the look of this kettle, and it works well, but after 2 years of use in an average household the "chrome" is peeling off to reveal the plastic beneath, and the "enamel" has chipped. It now looks tattered and unsightly, not what I expected when I bought what I thought was a top of the range kettle.

Telling it like it is

Telling it like it isSydney

Love the kettle - hate the rust

I love this kettle, but it rusted inside in just 6 months. I was very careful to never leave water just sitting in there having read other reviews when I bought the kettle. I gambled that surely DeLonghi would've fixed this issue... Apparently not. Love the look of the kettle and it's not too loud.

Julie J

Julie JCanberra

Fantastic, love my Delonghi

After reading the reviews here, frankly I'd have to say a lot of them are either written by competitors or people just simply aren't using their kettle properly. I've had my kettle for six months with a busy family, on weekends its used almost every half hour and it gets a real workout morning and night during the week too.
I've never found it any noisier than any other kettle, it's fast, reliable and I love the stylish look of it. It boils water, that's all I expect it to do and it does it well. I love it and will buy another if this ever fails on me.

n.pike91

n.pike91QLD, 4311

Never missed a beat

I have no idea what these other people are on about! Purchased mine from the good guys March of last year and oh my goodness, I was surprised at how well it has done. At the time it was top of the line (and cost me a pretty penny) but I was really wanting a statement piece and the matching toaster and coffee maker sold it for me. All three have been working like a charm since that day and I wish I used the coffee maker more often as it makes the most delicious coffee but I am just more of a tea drinker.

billyjoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Kettle !

billyjo

G’day all. After 4+ years the kettle is performing well and still retains finish quality and boiling efforts. Still use it +/- 4 to 5 time’s daily w/ no complaints or concerns.

Great kettle

I purchased this kettle nearly 3 years ago and it has worked perfectly, with no problems at all. Looks great, easy to use and clean. When I purchased it the lid was a little tight but I adjusted it and it has been fine. I also purchased the toaster also. I recommend them both.