DeLonghi Icona Kettle

DeLonghi Icona Kettle (page 3 of 3)

KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Can't beleive bad reviews

I cant beleive I almost was about to cancel this purchase because of bad reviews in this site.
The weight is realy ok and it works reasonably quiet considering it is a steel kettle.
The handle is really comfortable and the water level could be seen well when puring the water.
I also like that it is easy to clean, because drops of watter are not seen as on other stainless steell kettles.
For some people lid could be the issue, but as I am pouring watter without removing the lid it is not an issue for me.
Design, quiet, comfortable handle
Price, Lid opening not as easy as on other kettles

Andrius Cyvas
Andrius Cyvas

Taking my words back. After 3 weeks of purchase it has stopped switching off automatically. Returned the product back.

lynne.merry.9
lynne.merry.9

Nearly decided to give this a go. Then saw your adapted comment. Just have to keep looking. Where are all the reliable kettles?

Rockn

RocknVictoria, 3030

colourful style

A great kettle, quiet, quick to boil the water. Comes in a range of stylish colours to match any decor in your house. Large handle for a strong hold when pouring out, doesn't drip at all, easy to fill with a wide spout and easy to remove lid, sits nicely on the base for cordless use.
size and colours

chez25

chez25AU

Disappointed but being corrected

I purchased my Delonghi black kettle, with a matching toaster in May 2011. The kettle stained inside on the bottom almost immediately on using it - Melbourne water which is pretty good quality! It has been used about twice every day, with the exception of being overseas for 6 weeks, now it doesn't boil at all!! Very disappointed with this, as it has been treated with care - one middle aged user. I thought the warranty was only 6 months, but have just called customer care to be told it is 12 months. I have now taken it to the repairer as advised by cust care, but will be without a kettle between 2 - 4 weeks!
Beautiful styling
Just over 6 months and no longer works - Bad Value

Chris19
Chris19

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Kettle compares to other Electric Kettles

The best kettle ever,efficient and stylish

modern design with great capacity for family.Great energy saving features and makes my life that little bit easier,love it.Easy grip handle with easy top up which i only found with the Delonghi range and everyone has commented on it as it is colourful,funky and well made.It is light weight but solid too,well done Delonghi
energy efficient and functional

alipanda
alipanda

Phillip what do you mean by easy top up?
Is this through the spout?

Lorelee

LoreleeGoongerah, Victoria.

Buy it!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Courtneyd

CourtneydVictoria, 3055

Hot hot hot!

Such a stylish and iconic kitchen must have! It does the job AND looks good. The Delonghi boils reasonably quick , is quiet and is VERY easy to keep clean. We even bought the matching 4 slice toaster just to make that extra statement. DeLonghi definitely statement items, that need to be seen as well as used.
It looks GREAT.
Maybe a little loud when boiling - but only in small areas.

Great kettle! So glad I bought it!

I needed a new kettle and read reviews on lots but the Icona was the one that had the best. I got mine today at Myer for $118 and they extended the one year warranty to three. I baulked at the price as I had only ever bought plastic $40 kettles before but I guess you get to an age where quality becomes important. I am thrilled with it! Quirky, Quiet (for a metal kettle), Quick and makes a quintessentially fantastic tasting cuppa! I would highly recommend it and am kicking myself that I can't afford the matching toaster at the moment. I'll have to wait and see if I can say it's good quality - time will tell.
Looks great on the bench, boils quickly, makes the cuppa taste better.
Expensive

goldidi

goldidi

Very quiet and stylish good looking kettle. Love it!

Surprisingly good looking and stylish electric kettle. I have the beautiful red one. Very quiet compared with my old Russell Hobb's. No odd smell. Love the concealed boiling elements and the metal lid too as many other models on the market are made with plastic. Just love it and thanks to people who wrote reviews on this model helped me buying this product. I bought this from eBay without any hassle. Thanks also to this product review website providing various reviews helping peoeple for getting various products.
Quiet, stylish, no odd smell and metal lid

Scientriffic

ScientrifficAU

Gorgeous, perfect kettle. I love it!

I bought this kettle after a bad experience with another brand. Like another reviewer, I was looking for a kettle which did not have an unpleasant smell/aftertaste. This is one of the only ones on the market which doesn't have an internal coating/element which creates that horrid taste.

The design itself is gorgeous. I love the fat bottom and glossy exterior (I got the red one). The kettle boils quietly and looks elegant and classic in the kitchen. (Can't speak highly enough of it.)
Quiet, reliable, no aftertaste, good water capacity, lovely aesthetics

Beagly

BeaglyAU

Surprisingly good

After a very bad experience with another big brand kettle, I purchased a De Longhi Icona purely because it didn't have any toxic smelling plastic or rubber parts inside. The store clearly thought I was mad when I smelled every kettle on their shelves. I'm extremely happy with the Icona. I purchased the white with silver spout and black handle as it was the only colour stocked in the big-name store. I thought the white might look a little feminine but it looks really cool on the kitchen bench. The Icona is also extremely quiet and quick to boil. I would have preferred a little more grip on the inside of the handle but apart from that, I can't fault it. Recommended.
Quiet. No Toxic Plastic Smell Like Other Kettles.

blueberry

blueberryAU

We purchased this kettle a few days ago and like it very much. It is quite quiet when it is in operation. I am comparing to my old kettle that we had before. It was a glass body kettle and it very noisy. We could not hear TV if we had our old kettle on. With our new kettle we can keep watching TV too :). It is also a quick boil capacity. It looks great on the kitchen bench and does not tack a lot of space either in the kitchen.
design is very stylish, it does not look cheap, it is solidly built, easy to use, nice to handle for water refills, comfortable handle, the lid fits firm and secure.
Hard to find in the shops, we had to drive to certain outlets just to buy this item.

cathy41

mine packed it after six months good luck

JennyD

JennyD

So quiet I can't believe it's a kettle!

What a little beauty! I've just bought this on spec, based on the other reviews & it's fantastic. Quiet, quick boiling and very stylish. Yes, more expensive than others, but generally quality costs. I've been searching for some time for a good quiet kettle that does not have nasty plastic inserts (that break down into the water & gradually increase the loudness) and this appears to be it. I think the quietness may be because of its shape. The more 'vertical' shaped kettles resonate far mor than dumpty ones. Definitely recommended and it comes in a range of classy colours.
Stylish, modern, QUIET!

Great kettle, works well.

Has been a very pleasant experience with this kettle.
Reviews were a great help in the decision to buy it as i thought i would prefer a push button opening lid, and easier to see water level. However the efficiency, quietness, smooth stainless steel interior and better quality wins out.
I now love my cup of tea in the morning, can actually taste the sweetness of the tea leaves. (Dilmah black loose-leaf tea)
Quality of the stainless steel smooth interior. Its shape makes it a quiet kettle. Love the handle.
Miss the 'ting' when it has finished boiling. Initially did not want a pull off lid, but am now ok with that.

The_BoffinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love this kettle!

Bought based on reviews here and couldn't be happier with it. I'm surprised a few bad reviews have turned up since. Bad luck, i guess. I use filtered tap water in it and it is still spotless after 6 months use.
Water tastes perfect, boils quickly (4 mins for a full capacity boil), not too noisy, is gorgeous! Lovely design, the handle is very comfortable and I love the pearly white colour.
Lid hard to pull off. A slightly bigger capacity would be nice.

Moccona

MocconaPerth, WA

Great purchase.

Four adults in our household and we all agree it's the best kettle we've ever had. Stylish, feels great to hold, quiet, boils quickly. All good. Got ours on eBay, new, for $99 (free postage).

Costly, but as long as it hangs in there for a few years, it's worth it.

cathy41

I have had two of these stop working in two years have bought an old yellow and black element china kettle