KBO2001, Vintage KBOV2001

Roselyn

RoselynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect pretty little but awesome kettle

This "Delonghi icona capitals red kettle" has been quite helpful and reliable unit of kettle that I have ever owned. Importantly, it is also very safe to use and to operate.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $116.10.

Suzanne H.

Suzanne H.

Had a good run from this kettle

I had this kettle for a good 7 years it was reliable ,a bit noisy when boiling, eventually had to chuck it out when it started to Leak from the bottom, I would recommend it and I would buy another one.

Purchased in March 2013 at David Jones for $199.00.

Annie K

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

BEST KETTLE!

I have had this kettle for near 6 years and absolutely love it. I love the look of it, I have lived in several places since owing it and it has looked great in every kitchen. It gets used daily and sometimes several times per day and is still as good now as it was new. The only thing I am disappointed about is that the Beige colour has now been discontinued so I cant buy a back up for when this one eventually stops- hopefully that isn't sometime soon. Will definitely be looking at another DeLonghi when the time comes.

Purchased in January 2014 for $149.00.

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Bronwyn TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the wait...

The kettle is wonderful, I am highly satisfied with taste of water, time it takes to boil, the water level is something I had to get use too. But easy once I retrained myself.
The kettle can get hot, but like anything its just the product doing its job.
I waited and got a bargain not only in price but the quality of the product lives up to the what you would believe it to be.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Bronwyn T

If your wondering on the low cost, I was lucky enough to pick up the kettle as they were getting rid of old stock to refurbish the store.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mezz

MezzSydney, NSW

Looks great Works Great little noisy

I love the look with our red toaster.
Had no problem with it had it few years.
It is little noisy sometimes have turn tv up so my son can hear it whilst I use kettle.
It is good if you dont mind a little noisy upon boiling the water.
Do buy it if you dont mind this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Maria

MariaPerth, WA

No issues.

I was hesitant to buy this kettle when I originally saw it because of the price tag. I love the look of it and couldn't resist. This kettle has never failed, I have had no problems, no switches have broke and have had it for years. I really like it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ianjam

IanjamPerth

Love the colour and the vintage style.

Got this kettle via Qantas redemption to replace our aging breville kettle.
Love the red colour and the vintage style that seems to be trendy nowadays.
kettle does the job, decent boiling speed. A bit louder when boiling compared to our previous breville.
only negative after using our breville is that the lid needs to be pulled off completely as compared to the 'modern' designs that flips the lip back, not really Delonghi's fault but i guess its the styling.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Julie

JulieAdelaide, South Australia

Looks lovely in my kitchen and works impressively

Very pleased with the kettle my only criticism si the window that shows the water level is not very clear. Would certainly recommend the brand and as my Nespresso is a Delonghi brand l was very confident of this brand.Very stylish looking kettle and very pleasing to the eye holder

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Patty

PattyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 years, still working

We bought the Delonghi Icona kettle and 2 slice toaster 3 years ago and both appliances are still working well. Very happy with them.
The lid on the kettle is quite tight and difficult to open but my hubby adjusted the clip inside and it's all good. Will buy delonghi again if I need to.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Nat

NatPerth

6 Years!

Our 6 year old black Icona kettle died today. We bought it with a matching 4 slice retro toaster which is still going strong. Hubby and I were really impressed to get 6 years out of the kettle so are now on the hunt to buy another in hope that it will last just as long.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
TBird

TBirdAbbotsford

4 years old and still going well!

laurel

laurelAU

Looks Good

Bought this Kettle along with the Toaster in Black to match - Looks terrific in the kitchen but I do think it's an expensive kettle for just looking good. As previous reviewers have stated it is loud, something I noticed straight away after my last kettle. (still working and put away, I just wanted matching kiitchen items) I'm used to the noise now. Not really much more to say, expensive, it boils water and it looks good. Hopefully I will get the time out of it to make it worth the money I spent.