MPN: EN165.B

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.2

GB2015
    GB2015UK

Not quite perfect

This machine is a pretty poor effort all round. The water box is small and constantly needing filling. The box that collects the empty pods is small so needs emptying frequently and when you do try to empty the box when you remove the box the liquid overspill trap is located underneath and unless you hold the underside of the box expect the drip tray to fall off the bottom and spill its liquid contents everywhere. This is exactly what happened to me and made quite a mess.
    The coffee extraction is poor and the crema is non existent.

All-round review gets a very positive less than one star. Certainly not for the coffee connoisseur but perhaps will tick the box for someone used to a coffee out of a nescafe jar of coffee.

See all DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz reviews

Bert
    Bertasked
    Nespresso Citiz EN165B (Black)

My Citiz leaks into the used capsule holder and makes a mess. What can I do?

Judy
    Judy

Hello Bert... as I have not encountered this problem I suggest you call the Nespresso Club & discuss it with them - they are very friendly & helpful.
    Regards Judy

Sarah Mejia
    Sarah Mejia

I've just started having the same problem. Coffee still comes out the spout but I also see it running into the capsule container and as a result I get less coffee in my cup and a huge mess all over the counter. I've noticed this only started happening after I descaled my machine. I'm wondering if there is a blockage somewhere. Will descale again and see if this fixes the problem. Did you find out what the cause of the problem was?

Greg L
    Greg L

Also having the same problem - leaks everywhere. Also tried the descaling etc etc.- - swearing didn't help either.
    From what I have seen on this site and various others; it seems like a design flaw.
    Hope someone can come up with a solution that doesn't require visiting the various repairers who charge $100 non refundable just to look at it.

Linz
    Linzasked
    Nespresso Citiz EN165B (Black)

Hello , my milk frother froths but does not heat the milk . Any ideas for troubleshooting please ?

Sue111
    Sue111

I always put my coffee in the microwave for 20 or 30 seconds as it is never hot enough for me as I love it boiling. It if froths and no heat at all Ring up Nespresso they are fantastic. They pick up the milk container. They send you out a box to put it in and a label. They will give you a loan machine and bring it back when it is fixed. They are absolutely fantastic for service. If under guarantee it is no cost at all an comes back perfect. You will not get better service off anyone and they are lovely on the phone ever so helpful. They will answer any question and will be able to tell you immediately what is wrong. Just give them a ring you do not have to hang on long at all.

Arizonaone
    Arizonaone

That happened to me once too but the next time I used it, it was fine. Very strange.

I would call Nespresso if it happens again. Depending on how long you have had it they may replace for free.

Nelly
    Nelly

The frother works hot and cold I had the same problem because I am heavy handed and pressed the button too long. For a hot preparation, briefly press button to start. Button lights up Red. For cold milk froth, keep button pressed for approx. 2 seconds. Button lights up Blue.

See all DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare all 10 DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz
    Milk FrotherNone
    Auto Shut-offYes
    Shot FunctionsEspresso and Lungo
    Colour / FinishBlack
    Replaced byDeLonghi Nespresso Citiz EN266BAE (Black, Aeroccino)
    Compare all 10 DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz