Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500 Questions & Answers

EN500W (White), EN500BW (Brown), EN500B (Black)

9 questions from our users

Kat

Katasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

My frother produces no foam at all; I previously had a latissima en520 and it made as good of foam as I could make as a barista, any help?

Tee

Teeasked

Nespresso Lattissima One EN500B (Black)

Is there any way I can stop the milk from frothing so much. I prefer a flat white but this machine seems to only make froth.

Jane Klaebe

Jane Klaebeasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

I bought this machine for Xmas for my daughter as she loved my ordinal altissimo machine. She is very frustrated as she is unable to get a decent sized Hot coffee with Frothy milk. We have checked all videos etc but to no avail. Could there be a fault with this machine? Also is it possible to buy a bigger frothier to make a bigger coffee.

Biks

Biksasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

I have had to reheat my coffee in the microwave. Any ideas how I can get my coffee hotter?

I have tried using warm milk, heating the mug first. Nothing seems to work.

Blondie

Your machine is likely faulty. My coffees come out v hot when using the Nespresso Lattissima One, using the cappuccino button, have had machine for about 1.5 years. Contact Nespresso Australia if you can.

RHMasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

Just purchased a new Lattissima one - the reviews suggest the milk frother stops working after 2 months? & reviews suggest lots of other probs comes up after it is sent to you for repairs eg - the frother only starts making flat whites & makes lots of noise after you repair it? Etc etc? Not feeling very good re these reviews - as I’m afraid the machine can stop working well after one month & I don’t want to face all the trouble the other users have mentioned as that will be very disappointing!!
Can I please request you to replace it with another coffee machine?? I purchased from Myer Adelaide 2 days back but all Myer stores closed down just yesterday due to Covid ?
Can you help pls - with replacing this new machine with a more “stable” & reliable coffee machine that makes milky coffees without me having to physically clean so many parts each time I use it?? I am not happy with so many plastic parts to rip apart each time I make a cup of coffee! And even after taking all this trouble - the machine starts giving trouble after 2 weeks as per several reviews? and people not satisfied Witt the froth? Not happy hearing such reviews for my brand new machine. Considering I paid about $100 extra on top compared to the prices of your other coffee machines - I would expect I would atleast get something better! - but looks like i was mistaken!! I should have read the reviews prior to purchase !!
Can you pls help to swap over me this machine pls ?

RHMasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

I have not yet started using my new Lattissima One I just purchased yesterday!
I am concerned reading the bad reviews above?
My concerns are:
- Re the coffee being cold or lukewarm & needs to be re-heated in microwave?
- the descaling not working well?
- the milk spurting out milk in all directions?
- the froth function not effective & no froth on top of the coffee?
Very upset to see these reviews.
Pls advise if it’s better to return this machine?
If not, how should I address the above reviews by customers??
Mostly bad reviews

Kim B.

The coffee doesn't need to be reheated unless you put cold milk in without frothing first. The milk froth is directional and very easy to direct where you want, however it doesn't froth the milk the way I like. I combat this by buying a seperate milk frother thats works really well.

Thanks for explaining!
Just wanted to ask - if I use a seperate milk frother - then will it be okay to just use the coffee pod component of the machine & then press the “cappuccino” option (without pouring milk in their attached milk frother?). Will this be okay to do?

Blondie

Hi RHM, re your question - no. If you want to use a separate milk frother and just use the machine to make coffee without milk, do NOT select the cappuccino button. If you do this, the machine will try to look for milk in the milk frother compartment and get confused, as the cappuccino button has a 2 step process of first pouring milk then pouring coffee. Instead, insert your pod, and select the button with a small cup of coffee on it (espresso button) which will issue just coffee from the pod. Then, remove your cup from machine and pour in your frothed milk from your separate milk frother machine. Hope this helps :)

GregO

GregOasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

I have a Lattissima 520.S and the milk frother has just stopped delivering the milk. I have cleaned everything and the straw is clear, no joy! DO I need to replace the entire milk frother module or is there a solution I can implement myself?Thanks

DeLonghi
De'LonghiDeLonghi

hi please contact Nespresso by the link https://www.nespresso.com/au/en/contact-us? as they take care of the aftercare.

Daisy

Daisyasked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

after descaling the cappuccino button flashes continuously, then all lights flash

Kim B.

Thats normal, they stop flashing after "start up" and go full time light waiting to see what you press for function

awiseowl
awiseowl

Or try turning off a bit & on a again & pull out the gadget that you use for descaling.

Lorraine J.

Lorraine J.asked

Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima One EN500

I can adjust my machine for Lungo, but want to know how to adjust for latte or cappuccino, after the froth it only produces 40 ml of liquid, I’ve already inquired about this, but the assistant couldn’t resolve it.. thanks

Raymond Watkins
Raymond Watkins

Hi Lorraine J,
With your machine, you have 2 different milk recipe options. This is determined by the amount of milk you fill in your Rapid Cappuccino System (Milk Frother). If you're wanting to enjoy a coffee with more milk then I would recommend filling your RCS to the top line which is Latte Macchiato line. This will deliver a lot more milk than only filling it to the Cappuccino line.
Regards
Ray

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives