DeLonghi Nespresso Lattissima Touch EN550

EN550B (Black), EN550S (Silver), EN550R (Red), etc...

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Marilyn
MarilynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not hot enough

I’ve had this machine now for a few months but I find the temperature warm for my coffee. Coffee should not be microwaved as it loses the coffee flavour and defeats the purpose of having a coffee machine ! For now this machine is ok, but I would not recommend buying this product.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys.

ChKa2618
ChKa2618Victoria

Barely warm coffee

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Suzanne
Suzanne

Quick and easy

Good machine however makes a little too my froth and the temperature is just a little colder that what I’d prefer.
The ease of using it and the quickness of the making process is great. It is easy to clean and small and compact enough to have on kitchen counter.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Nespresso Lattissima Touch EN550 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Sofie
Sofie

Automatic coffee machines are not that great

Love the fact that it’s all automatic but hate the fact that coffee temperature is always under whelming!
Just never hot, you could always drink the cup in one go.
Love that it cleans itself inside but it does take time that you need to stand around and wait for.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Lauren
Lauren

Machine was a gift.

Pros
- Makes a hotter coffee than last DeLonghi.
- All dishwashable parts.
- I like that milk canister can be stored in fridge for later use. Minimal milk wastage.

Cons
- Does not fit pods other than Nespresso - filters only a small amount of water, burns pod
- Milk does not froth despite setting. Only produces warm flat milk.
- Can be difficult to clean under cup stand without lifting machine to run out residual waste.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Tobias Lee
Tobias LeeBrunswick

Not bad, decent machine.

So easy to use, use immediately it is taken from the box. Coffee delivered is always to the same high Nestle quality and quantity. After a bit of googling was finally able to work out what each button meant, instructions are quiet basic. as this machine has more options some explaining of what means what would have been good.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Shane
ShaneSydney

Ok. Nothing exciting.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
SOPH
SOPHSydney

This is handy but cubersome to clean

Got this for Christmas for our family. Taste of coffee is great and functions are good with each one of us different preference of water/milk/froth levels. Easy to use even for my parents that are not technically advanced. The only thing I dislike is that some parts require to be removed for cleaning and you would want to clean it regularly (I did after every use because I’m paranoid about rotten milk etc) Overall good product if many of your family members enjoy a cuppa at home, otherwise get the smaller version with separate milk frother that’s much easier to clean (I have that at my work place)

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ellie
Ellie

Quick and convenient

In my opinion Nespresso capsules aren't strong enough, I always have to add another spoonful of instant coffee. The capsules are also not cheap so buying the machine did save me money, since before it I would always buy a coffee. The cleaning of the machine is easy and it looks good on the kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Shar B
Shar BHobart

Not as tasty as the model with the frother

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Michele37
Michele37Townsville

milk frother malfunctions half the time!

Date PurchasedSept 2016

I need help

I need help my descaling light won't stop blinking I have descaled and re descaled 3 times to stop it blinking with no avail help the machine had been working fantastic until the descaled light came on please helpi really don't know what else I can say but help I brought my machine from Harvey Norman Forster so how can you help me

Date PurchasedJune 2017
m1shka
m1shka

The machine came with a sample pack of Nespresso pods. Tried a couple of different ones but quickly donated the rest to the office Nespresso machine. Found a local coffee roaster selling compatible pods for a similar price point which were miles better.
Was easy enough to calibrate to my preferred strength and from then was consistent in the output.
Found the milk was way too frothy for a latte regardless of milk setting. Easy to clean. Great you can store the unused milk in the fridge in the removable container.
Fine for a quick home coffee if you can't be bothered with a manual coffee machine, but too be honest i am not using this as often as i did with my old manual machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dragon lady
Dragon ladyBundaberg

Not a good as expected

The machine does a very average job, great if you like short blacks etc. coffee doesn't come out very hot I end up microwaving my drink each time. Easy to use and you can adjust the setting to
Pour a larger cup of coffee not the small 150ml pour it is set at.....

Date PurchasedNov 2015
romy
romyBaulkham Hills

Froth comes out lukewarm.

The espresso coming out of this machine is perfect but the milk froth is lukewarm. Unfortunately if you make Cappucino there is more Milk than Coffee so you end up with a Cappucino that is overall lukewarm. It's quite disappointing.
As a Manual Coffee machine user I've learnt that the final temperature of Cappucino is pretty much defined by the the Froth Temperature (has to be 65degrees or a little more).

See all DeLonghi Nespresso Lattissima Touch EN550 reviews