DeLonghi PrimaDonna Class

9 questions from our users

Dani P
Dani Pasked
PrimaDonna Class

I keep receiving the message on the screen to insert the grounds container. Which is inserted...

Erhan O.
Erhan O.asked
PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS

How does the cup warmer works on the top ?

Hi Erhan O,
The machine has a heating element at the top of the machine that will warm up when on, this is great in winter when you can leave cups upside down on the cup warmer tray and the cups will warm up helping to keep a hot coffee

Jo Ho
Jo Hoasked
PrimaDonna Class

We keep getting messages to add beans which are in it! We have done everything as said for cleaning and still no luck! We have been using Starbucks coffees ...are the beans too oily? Very frustrating after three days of NO cappuccino!!!

CherylDeLonghi

Hi Jo Ho, When cleaning the machine have you cleaned inside the bean container near the grinder. There is a sensor in there that if using particularly oily beans it may be stopping it from working.
After turning the machine off completely and emptying the machine of beans wipe out the bean container with paper towel particularly near the grinder area. Also make sure the pre ground funnel is clean as well. check out page 16 of this manual to see the best way to clean the funnel https://www.delonghi.com/Global/InstructionManuals/AU/EN-DeLonghi-PrimaDonna-Class-ECAM55055SB-Instruction-Manual.pdf
Also ensure the removable brewing unit(infuser inside the machine) is cleaned and the machine is not on pre ground mode.
If you have done all this and still need help please direct message us your name and phone number so we can organise the customer service team to help you further.

wsc
wscasked
PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS

I just bought a refurbished machine from a retailer. Received the machine tonight. General warning sign upon turning on the machine, looked at manual which indicated general warning sign means very dirty internally. I took all the insides of the machine out and everything looks clean to me. The warning sign is still on amd I cant use the machine. The retailer's not interested in troubleshooting. Hoping to get some help from delonghi here.

Adie W.

I’ve had mine for 3 years and not ever had that warning sign come up sorry, I’d be returning it. Good luck!

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi wsc, did you buy a new machine or was this second-hand? A new machine should not be giving warning lights saying the machine is dirty?
Have you taken the brewing unit out to clean? This is located behind the water tank.

Shea S.
Shea S.asked
PrimaDonna Class

Hi there, I am wondering if anybody can tell me how to make cold coffee on the primadonna class please? I would also like to know how to make babycinos (froth only) please. Thanks so much!

Sean
Sean

Hey Shae, the only way to make cold coffee is by putting ice in it after you make it.
As far as baby cinos go just press the hold milk button. Hope this helps

Hi Shea S,
Unfortunately your machine does not do cold coffee, what I would suggest is a espresso coffee shot over ice and then use an separate milk frother to mix the two together, at this stage you can add milk if you want.
The baby chinos are hot milk as well as froth, which you can make on your machine using the Cappuccino froth and then adding chocolate on top.

Srinivasan R.
Srinivasan R.asked
PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS

Does this model make Doppio plus?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Srinivansan, yes this model does make the Doppio + :)

PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS

Does it make nice hot coffee

Adie W.

Makes great coffee at the right barista temperature (so not super hot).

Paola
Paola

It makes nice hot coffee - a million times better than the one in a pod. I love mine

Christine J.

Thank you very much for your reply - helpful

PrimaDonna Class ECAM 550.75.MS

Does it make nice hot coffee?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Christine, yes it does make nice hot coffee. What is your grind setting on? and have you increased the coffee temperature and turned the eco mode off in the settings?

Does it make hot coffee

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Christine, yes it does make hot coffee! A few way you can make your coffee hotter would be by increasing the coffee temperature in the settings and turning off eco mode. Also depending on which coffee you are having, the cappuccino mix recipe is a hotter coffee too. If you want further tips you can direct message us your best contact and we'll get in touch with you to help :)

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Class