DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.55.MS

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.55.MS

MPN: ECAM65055MS

I adore this coffee machine!

I have to say that I’ve owned this coffee machine for a year and I don’t know how I’ve ever lived without it!. Love having fresh ground coffee everyday and the best thing about it is not having to worry about cleaning it every time you use it. It has a reminder to let you know if the water needs refilling or the used coffee needs to be tipped out. It’s so easy to use!.
You won’t regret this purchase!

Purchased in July 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Stop buying coffee outside, make it at home!

I purchased this ECAM65055MS two weeks ago from appliances online, and I have been using it for 2 weeks. Yesterday, the professional elite came to my house to teach me how to use every single function, she helped to set up the most suitable temperature and the best taste for me and my husband, and showed me how to add our personalized drinks within our iPhone app. Learnt a lot from her, and I have to say delonghi is the best coffee machine which can make the best coffee. Definetly better than the one from my office and all café around my spot. 100% recommend it to everyone, very easy to use and maintain.

Purchased in April 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,900.00.

GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B

Fantastic Coffee Machine

Purchased the Prima Donna Elite 650.55ms about 2 weeks ago and after having the Elite in home experience with a qualified Delonghi employee we are enjoying fantastic coffee everytime. The consistency of the coffee is great along with the temperature (we have our machine set to Max) and i have found this is perfect for us. Very easy to clean and maintain and very easy to use. Love the personalised profiles, this allows us to modify the coffee to suit our own tastes. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,750.00.

great machine

makes great coffee , depending on grade o beans you buy from shop.quality is consistent as it is a fully automated machine, but need to first program it to work good. otherwise very happy with product.

Purchased in March 2019.

Product is used: Daily

Very Happy BUT Coffee Could Be Hotter!

We have had our Prima Elite Coffee Machine now for 3 months. Just had the in home consultant come and show me a few extras things on my phone regarding how to set our coffees the way we like, that I didn't realize which was great. This machine makes a fantastic coffee and we are still adjusting it to each of our liking's but the only disappointment I have it that the coffee is not as HOT as we like our coffee even though I put boiling water into the glasses prior for 5 minutes or so. Other than that, we love the machine, it's so easy to use and clean. Would highly recommend the machine.

Purchased in December 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store.

Great coffee machine

This is a great coffee machine, it can be fully automatic if that is what you want, or you can customize your coffee preferences. Very easy to use and it makes great coffee. Best thing is that the coffee is NICE & HOT too. Fully recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,990.00.

Product is used: Daily

A Good Coffee Machine let down by poor user manual!

This machine makes great coffee - if it is set up correctly!
If you live in a major city (and Newcastle is not rated as a major city in Australia) part of the purchase price is an in home demonstration and a professional setting up session. You need this because the instruction manual is pathetic! We live out of the "set-up area". I rang DeLonghi to let them know I was very disappointed with the machine (I've owned DeLonghi machines for 12 years). DeLonghi did end up agreeing to arrange an in home set up for us. It made all the difference. The fineness of the coffee grinder is absolutely crucial and ours came out of the box way off optimal grind. We now love our coffee, it's nice and hot and perfectly strong for us. We love the personalised settings you can make for your favourite coffee.

There are several things DeLonghi have not got right with this, very expensive, auto coffee machine.
1) There is no explanation in the user manual what all the different types of beverages are (Long, Coffee, Cappuccino+.....) there is also no explanation what the default strengths, lengths and heat settings are used for each beverage. All this information should be on a sheet that can be kept near the machine for easy reference. It would save so much frustration for the household and their guests!!!!!!
2) The milk jug is now square - did they investigate how hard it is to clean milk out of all those corners they have designed? The old round jugs were much easier to clean. Also the dial for selecting milk frothing is so delicate you can't see the settings when there is condensation on the lid (ie every time you take it out of the fridge). The lid just rests on the jug (not clipped in) so it is easily dislodged in the fridge and spilt. The spouts also drips after cleaning.
3) The Grounds container requires emptying after a set number of coffees. There is no sensor to let you know when it's full. This means you can't pre-empty the container to be organised for making a number of coffees without interruption when you have visitors.

Well this is a long review..... it's an expensive machine. Once it is set up properly It makes great coffee, but I expected better. I've written to DeLonghi with my complaints/suggestions and they haven't responded since 29 January 2019.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,840.00.

Product is used: Daily

Does not make hot coffee nothing but trouble

I purchased this thinking it would make my life easier with a touch of a button. It does not make hot coffee coffee is lukewarm even on the maximum heat button you need to put it in the microwave for a further 10 seconds to have it at a reasonable temperature. Mine has just come out of the two year mfr warranty and luckily with Harvey Norman I am into my extended warranty and the machine has just been taken away for about the fourth time because I’ve been away on holidays for two weeks and come back and it won’t start. Do not buy this machine because you will have nothing but trouble. when you spend a few thousand dollars on a coffee machine you do not expect to have a mountain of trouble with it. I am a coffee connoisseur and like I reasonably hot coffee and good quality. I maintain my machine when it’s due for a water filter it gets changed right away when it needs to scaling it will tell you it’s always to scales on time so this machine is well-maintained but it just doesn’t meet any particular standards whatsoever. Thanks DeLonghi but I will not be buying another DeLonghi brand coffee machine ever oh it takes 40 minutes to descale its never ending.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Cafe Quality at Home

Bought to replace an Eletta that had served us well for 4 years. Waiting on in home demo to allow us to personalise but have used manually. Have also played with the app and made coffee from my phone which was a spinner. If this is as good as it's predecessor then I'm going to be very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect finishing touch for our new kitchen

We bought this machine after we remodeled our kitchen. The modern design suits perfectly! The machine itself is so easy to use, perfect for busy mornings when you need a great cup of coffee. Personalised settings available if your tastes vary from others at home. So simple! An amazing coffee with a touch of a button!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The best 3330 coffees we ever had

I bought this machine in March 2014. We had a few difficulties with temperature of the milk but after ringing the DeLonghi centre we were sent a couple of grommet-like things which were supposed to fix it up, and they did. You have to fiddle with the settings a little in order to get things just how you like them, and since then we've made 3330 coffees - I never have coffee out anymore - other coffees just don't measure up. Every coffee was perfect and this machine was making coffees every day.

I loved the statistics feature on this machine. It tells you the number of coffees delivered, how many litres of water it used, .... so it was easy to work out how much money I saved over the 4 and 3/4 years.

From the 4th year it started to make the occasional clunky noise, and then occasionally a message would say that there was a faulty circuit, but it always recovered ... but today it stopped working completely. It's a sad day.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Coffee machine

Makes a great coffee provided you use good beans you can alter all functions to suit your preferences.
The milk is not exactly hot.
The descale takes quite a bit of time.
I tired to use pre ground beans and it completely clogged and wouldn’t operate but since only buying full beans I have had no issues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A little over a year on and this machine is still the heart of the kitchen

After buying this machine I can no longer stomach a bad coffee. The problem is that all coffee now, with the exception of some cafes that make specialty blends are not up to standard anymore. I recently had an issue with this machine foaming milk. I contacted the DeLonghi service department and was told a technician would come to my house to service it and if he could not finish it then he would provide a loaner until it was fixed. He arrived today and thankfully the problem was not the machine but the caraffe. It seems I was washing it too much and should have been using milk cleaner instead. However, a replacement jug was ordered and I will receive it in a few days.

The machine is great and the after purchase service is just as good. The wifi program is a little old and needs to be upgraded to allow for more customisation. It really sucks that you cannot program it to give you a triple shot of expresso.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best coffee

As a lover if coffee coming from a European back ground this coffee machine is one of the best ones i have owned compared to the other ones i have had would recommend it to anyone that likes there coffee and wants a good machine to do what it says it does

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Best coffee machine has decreased the amount of money spent on takeaway coffee. It’s great you will not regret the purchase. We bought beans from our coffee shop and now we have the same coffee at home. It does take a little long to make a couple of coffees. The Bluetooth is a waste of time as you need to be near the machine ,

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best coffee machine yet for me!

You have control over every part of the coffee making process with this lovely machine - coffee grinding or pre-ground, water level adjustment both saved and on-the-fly, coffee temperature, coffee strength, separate profiles for individual users, blue-tooth connection to smart phone to bypass the menu on the machine.

Colour screen allows you to step though and adjust every aspect. Water tank slides out to the front and is easy to remove and replace. Coffee dregs likewise are easy to empty and clean. Very easy to use - you make a coffee with a single touch on the screen surround to choose from Espresso, Coffee, Long, Doppio+, or if you want to use milk, you can choose from Cappuccino, Latte, Flat White or just Milk. Milk container is double layered to keep milk cool in use and then store the container back in the fridge. Programmable cup warming plate on top, and the grinder is not noisy.

The choices are almost infinite. Has also an auto off programmable up to 3 hours, Easy to clean and looks good. A very happy choice for me - local coffee shop is missing me! Recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best decision I ever made

We had a nespresso pod machine, but you just can’t compare it to the taste of the coffee from this machine, it’s honestly on par with coffee shops if not more consistent than them!
Super easy to use and you can sync it and make it from your phone to turn on and make coffee. Only downside is it cleans first so cant leave a cup there ready for the morning or you’ll get that in with your morning coffee!
super straight forward to use and clean
I have had one issue with it frothing, but I took the frothed apart gave it a good clean, and ensured the two holes of the turn were pointing left/right (good old google) and it was fine.
Definitely recommend! Best decision, don’t regret it for a second!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Makes my coffee great and my mornings faster

My PrimaDonna Elite has made my mornings so much faster, after I set up the profile to make my cappuccino how I want it, it's just 1 button and my coffee is ready without any more effort. I find that I need to clean the infuser every few weeks or my coffee starts to get a bitter taste, but it only takes about 1 minute and everything is great again!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Useless App features.

I have two fully automatic coffee machines, one is this and the other is a basic Delonghi with non of the fancy stuff. I would never spend extra money for a fancy one again. The best feature is that the machine washes the infuser which is quite handy from a maintenance point of view. The benefits end there, i bought this as i thought if you put a cup underneath, in the morning you will have a coffee ready for you - No. The app uses bluetooth to connect which means you need to be there next to it to use it. The machine already comes with a colour display screen that has 90% of the functions that the app has (except minor temperature adjustments). I ended up uninstalling the app because I never use it! Everything else feels very solid, but expensive for such a machine

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Coffee is fantastic

Really simple and easy to use and produces HOT coffee - yay. We have had a couple of machines but this is the hottest by far. I do wish it just reverted to the main screen after each coffee instead of asking you to rinse straight after as you have to esc out to make more than one - previous models were easier.

Date PurchasedJan 2017