MPN: ECAM65085MS

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Brilliant machine for the home office!

Good quality of coffee, very easy to use, quality easy to adjust for different beans. Have tried everything it does, Ice Coffees, hot chocolate, black coffee and cappuccinos. The frothing with soy and oat milk seems good as well. Happy with the product after 6 months of use. Only issue experienced is a regular air blockage in the system which we havent been able to clear ourselves but had to take the machine to a dealer. Update: Delonghi support kindly replied and it turns out I was not treating the filter appropriately under running water before putting it in. Really helpful support.

Purchased in November 2020.

AndreaSydney, NSW

GREAT WHEN IT WORKS

Have had issues with this machine about to go into service for the 2nd time, not even 2 years old, disappointing, milk jug replacement and seals in first 7 months, then 1st service before 12 months,and now again, noise when frothing milk. Don’t know if i would purchase a Delonghi again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Product is usedDaily
DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Andrea, unfortunately the team managing this platform is unable to help with this, the best people to talk to would be our customer service team, you can give them a ring directly on 1800 126 659 :)

Happy Coffee Drinker

Happy Coffee DrinkerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything we ever wanted and more

Just love the way you can customise the coffee and create a profile name. You can adjust the temperature to create hot coffee or just how you like it. Saving your own personal settings is just perfect. I have to say having done so much research before buying this machine, we are not disappointed. Awesome!

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Hi Happy Coffee Drinker,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!
We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

JackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great coffee - must be calibrated though - Milk not hot enough

Purchased in February 2017.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jack, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are really glad you are loving your machine and your advise on getting a good coffee and adjusting the settings are great! :)

Haps Basset

Haps BassetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor design

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones for $2,000.00.

MPMP

MPMPSydney, NSW

Great machine but luke warm coffee

The machine is easy to use and looks so impressive. The only thing I can fault is the temperature is not hot enough. I have put it onto the hottest option and tried to heat up cups etc, but still not enough. It is still luke warm.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $2,400.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi MPMP, we are really glad you're loving your machine! If you direct message us with your best contact, we can help you increase the coffee temperature for your machine :)

Danny.i

Danny.iSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fantastic machine

I loved the quality and the amount of froth.
It is very consistent.
The one thing was that the temperature could be hotter.
I also loved how simple it was to choose which style of coffee you wanted, The touch screen was great. Just like using an android mobile.

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

CherylDeLonghi

mike s.

What a piece of rubbish!

Brought it and had it in the box for about 8 days. Set it up and worked well for a week then an error came up saying it needed cleaning (only had 7 cups of coffee out of it) cleaned it error remained, rang the customer service line only to be advised "don't know nothing about this machine" after 40 minutes on the phone and explaining wherein the manual the error message and supposed solution was I gave up and told the customer service man I'd be returning it to which he advised you can't replace it, it has to be fixed by us. Delongi quality and customer service NON EXISTENT!!!!

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,600.00.

mike s.

Still no response from Delongi even more disappointing.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

GAME CHANGER!

The Delonghi PrimaDonna Elite Experience has been an absolute game changer in my household. As a family that previously purchased takeaway coffee every day, this machine, and its barista quality coffees, has literally changed our routine as we now all happily make our own at home every day. The machine is fully automatic, meaning you can select your beverage style of choice and have a cafe style coffee in less than a couple of minutes. It looks sleek and makes amazing coffee, and it is also super easy to clean, making it both cost and time effective. A true kitchen ESSENTIAL for any coffee lover!

Purchased in July 2019.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Thanks for your review! This is great :)

bettina

bettina

Never buying takeaway coffee again!

I have owned three coffee machines and this is by far the best! Love how easy it is to customise for each family member, and order from my the app while Im working. Easy to clean and follow prompts. Perfectly made coffee every time. I would highly recommend

Purchased in June 2019 at De’longhi .

Kenwood t.DeLonghi

Thanks for your review, Bettina! We're so glad to hear your PrimaDonna Elite Experience is treating you so well. Best, De'Longhi

Shawn

ShawnMurray Region, NSW

Fantastic Machine

Fantastic Machine, Grinds, Froths and pours magnificently. Would highly recommended this machine to anyone that loves there coffee, I can turn it on with my phone so its all warmed up ready to make my coffee when i get up of a morning.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,699.00.

Kenwood t.DeLonghi

Thanks for your review, Shawn! Best, De'Longhi

I'm addicted to this machine best ever coffee machine

I have owned the ecam 6850.85 for 2 weeks , this is the best DeLonghi coffee machine I have owned very simple to use great experience makes every coffee you desire plus ice cold drinks or hot chocolate if needed it's an amazing machine I previously owned and a lower spec model coffee just as good good but with very little choice this one I love

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay.

George

GeorgeCanberra 2600, ACT

Paid nearly 2K for 3 months usage

Purchased from Harvey Norman in March. After 3 months the milk container keeps poping out while making the coffee. Returned back to be fixed and it has been now a month and half. The question here, do you get a value or return to your 2K. The answer definitely not.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,850.00.

Vanessa

VanessaSydney, NSW

I am obsessed with my PrimaDonna Elite Experience!

I was given the De’Longhi PrimaDonna Elite Experience as a gift. I was hesitant to use it because I thought I would have the same experience as I have previously had with other branded machines (inconsistent taste, hard to use and difficult to clean). However to my surprise, I was proven wrong! I received the Elite Experience service to help get me started, in which the demonstrator showed me how easy it is to make various types of coffee and how simple it is to clean. The coffee comes out perfect every single time. I cannot recommend this machine highly enough – I love it! :)

Purchased in October 2018.

Anna

AnnaHunter Region, NSW

This machine makes beautiful coffee.

The machine makes beautiful coffee, I love how easy it is to use and how easy it is to clean. The individual user function is a great feature to the machine if you have multiple coffee drinkers in the same house, it makes it easy to make coffees for other members of the family without having to remember. I am 100% happy with this machine.

Purchased in December 2018.

Michael S

Michael SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The first thing I do every morning is press the button

Everyone who tastes the coffee likes it a lot. The range of coffee types and the personal preferences you can set is amazing. Each person in the house can set their own personal preferences. This means that you can be sure that every cup is consistently perfect for you. We have the temperature set to the hottest setting and provided you don't let it sit for more than a minute or so, the temperature is great. We have also found that using double-wall glass cups make a big difference to both the initial temperature and the heat retention.
Great machine and strongly recommended

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2,800.00.

Customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Bought this as a gift in September 2018, started using it in late Oct when my kitchen was completed, the milk was always very slow coming through and now has completely stopped. Purchased online with debenhams, after service appalling both with debenhams themselves and Delonghi. Various emails ignored, various promises of returned calls, still waiting, Sending item back if they ever answer me and ill buy a different brand elsewhere.

Would NEVER buy from either again.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Richard Till

Richard TillIllawarra, NSW

Best Delonghi machine ever

This machine has the wow factor this is my 4th Delonghi machine still have 2 of the 6600 Premadonna machines.
1 in the caravan 1 for a spare.
But this makes the perfect coffee temperature perfect and still has 2 higher settings and the cream from the beans is to die for the 19bar pump extracts the most out of the beans the iphone app is brilliant works everytime also the foam for cappuccino is brilliant even from normal milk 10 out of 10 everytime the 6600 model is around a 6 compared :)

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Carbarandmar

CarbarandmarNSW, 2560

Simply the best Coffee machine on the market.

The coffee produced is the best I've had in a long time. The coffee itself is ground to a perfect grind and has a perfect cream. The temperature is pretty good as well.. I do love the hot chocolate function. It's the right amount of froth to milk. Being able to create coffees from an app on my phone is unbelievably easy as well.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Koby G Read

Koby G ReadBROOKHILL

This coffee maker is the best machine I have ever bought

This coffee maker is the best machine I have ever bought. With its multi-options, you can brew a whole pot or a single cup. Comes with permanent filters. Out of k-cups? Use the other permanent filter found in the base cup holder and get your single cup using grounds of your favorite coffee grounds. I have not made a full pot yet because the single cup side brews very fast. If I want another cup, it's easy and fast enough to just make another single cup. So no coffee is wasted. My sister saw it so she ordered one for herself.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
See all DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650 reviews

Lê D.

Lê D.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS

What is the differences between ECAM650.75 and ECAM650.85 (except they have only 2 kind of the drinks is Cold Coffee and Cold Milk). Many thanks

Jussi K.

.75 is a discontinued version, and comparing the specs does not do cold coffees or hot chocolate. Otherwise they look the same. I have the .85, been using it for 6 months now and happy with the purchase.

Alan

Alanasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS

How can i create a strong coffee with 270ml coffee plus foam/milk? There seems to be a limit of 250ml and the max aroma setting doesn't add enough coffee beans for the strength. I'd like strength equivalent to double espresso. On my old Magnifica i had an option for 2x coffees which created the right amount of coffee but how do i do it on the Elite ajd automatically add the milk?

Hi Alan,
Have you tried the Double Cappuccino, in the menu it will have 2 bean & a plus (+) sign.
This Double Capp is set at a double strong shot, and even though it is called a Double Capp if you move your milk carafe dial to the middle setting you will create a Double Latte. You can also create a coffee based on this drink through the Coffee Link app. Let us know how you go so that we can help you further if needed.

Susan R.

Susan R.asked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS

Our Prima Donna elite experience is prompting us to perform a descale clean. Is this necessary given that we live in Melbourne where water typically isn’t an issue. Alternatively, if it is required can it be ignored for several days or does it require immediate attention?

Jack

Yes it is necessary if you are not using filtered water. You need to use filtered purified water from a jug or else it will prompt you to descale regularly. You can ignore the message for a number of days if you wish.

Sophie
Sophie

It is best to use filtered, purified water, which is better not only for your health but also for the machine. Even a simple filter like Brita is good (Coles and Woolies sell them). Also, refer to the instruction manual to check you have it on the correct setting - if you're not sure, call customer service - 1800 126 659 - they are very helpful with any issues.

Hi Susan,
You will need to do a descale when the machine tells you. Have you checked your water hardness yet? you should have a Litmus test strip that came with your machine, this will tell you what level you need to set your machine on. If you have not done this yet your machine will be set on the factory setting of Level 4, here is Australia unless you are on direct bore water your hardness should range between one and three. Most people in Melbourne are Level one or two. Once you have checked, go into settings where you will be able to change the water hardness to reflect your water. If you are still set on Level four the descale indicator should stop after you reset your machine
Kind Regards,
De'Longhi Team

See all DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MS questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare all 3 DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650