MPN: HVS3032W

2.9

bmorey
    bmoreyVic, 3140

OK but really noisy

I bought this because I like Delonghi products and it was priced at the premium level. I am suffering from buyer's remorse. It heats OK and looks nice but it is the noisiest fan heater I have owned and I've had many over the decades.

I'm not sure if it's a basic design issue or I have a bad item. I think the fan is out of balance so you get a lot of resonance on top of the fan noise. Forget about using this in the bedroom at night. It will keep you awake. Even on the so-called silent setting it is just about as noisy as the high setting.

The cheap Kambrook it replaced was quieter. I should have spent half as much at Bunnings. I would have had a better outcome.

Not recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Mick R.
    Mick R.Sydney

Best buy for winter

Cannot go a single winter without this thing as it keeps the room warm for hours with just 30 minutes of on-time. It is also very safe as it will automatically turn off if accidentally knocked over. It has two knobs which are easily turnable and simple to use straight out of the box but the reason that I am giving it a 4 star instead of a 5 star is because I wish that it had a timer so I could leave it on for a bit when I go to sleep instead of having to get out of bed.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    Anni
    AnniMelbourne

Good heater for bathroom

We've had this heater for almost 2 years and use it in the bathroom in winter. To date we've had no issues.

The only thing I find is that it's quite a dust catcher and needs constant attention to ensure that it's operating at its optimal performance.

It's an attractive unit and relatively quiet to run.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
    Electric Heaters

Find out how DeLonghi Steel Elite HVS3032W (White) compares to other Electric Heaters

Consumer_user
    Consumer_user

OK but disappointing from such a high end product

Elmar Shar
    Elmar SharSydney, NSW

Ok for the price

I paid $99 for this heater at HN so considering the price I was expecting to be amazed. It does the job of heating a small room ok, although it dries the air with it fairly fast. It's fairly loud, you can't have it on at settings that do any heating without it being a noise nuisance. The way I use it to pre-heat my room maybe 10-15 minutes before bed, if you're doing something similar it's not a bad purchase. Long term though I'd get something else.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
    Barca
    BarcaSydney

For small rooms only

Reasonable for small rooms, noise levels tolerable for someone who needs noise to mask tinnitus.
    Takes about half an hour to warm a long rectangular room at max settings, then down to 2nd setting or silent to maintain warmth.

Here's hoping it will last given the price I paid for it ($79)

Ritu
    Ritusydney

Disappointing

Noisy. Not silent at all.poor heating. Will cover only small areas but too annoying noise.Only suitable for bedrooms when you dont care about noise. Pretty basic with no extra features. Would probably spend little more and get better product. Low setting quiter but next to mone heating. Very disappointed. Don'togo for this.

See all DeLonghi Steel Elite Fan Heater reviews