DeLonghi TCH8093ER

MPN: TCH8093ER

Riannon B.

Riannon B.Sydney, NSW

Small but mighty

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Living/Dining Area
SmellNo

this product is perfect

The heater is amazing. It keeps me and my pets very warm. It heats up my living great. I’m very satisfied with the heater. I’ve used other brands and they all died within a couple weeks. I’ve had this for more then a couple weeks and it’s doing great.

Purchased in January 2019 for $100.00.

Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
SmellNo

Fan is extremely weak

Product looks nice, operations and controls are nice, swinging function is nice, however, the fan output is EXTREMELY weak, even on max fan setting.

Sitting 2m away, you can literally not feel any air movement at all - cool or hot.

I assume the unit has one or two small fans, due to the tall narrow shape of the device. Older (and significantly cheaper) blow heaters have a much larger, single fan, that blows much more air.

In addition to this, when the heater is in standby (off, but still connected to 240v), it emits a very faint buzz, which was the straw that broke the camel's back - I plan to take this back today.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Very happy with this heater

This heater is excellent for a small to medium room.
Have had 3 other brands in the last 5 years and they all died within 1-2 winters and never put out anywhere near the heat of this one.
The fan is noisy when on high and I agree with others that the lack of a safety cutout if it were to be knocked over is a definite failing. Since we only have adults in the house we can live with that but if we had children around I would have probably not bought this one.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

JJ

JJSouth Australia

OK for smaller rooms

The remote control and electronic controls are great and the performance is good. The unit struggles to keep a large room at a good temperature. Overall I would say that it is fit for purpose in that it is quiet, has good controls and features and is only intended as a localised heater.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

mollye6

mollye6Central, SA

Perfect heat everytime

This item is perfect for small rooms. We use it in our bedroom for 5 mins before we go to bed and it heats up the whole room. Great price for a great brand could not be happier with our purchase. Would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an efficient small room heater

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Wild607

Wild607Adelaide

Keeping me warm

In general this heater is great but not ideal for heating up a larger room. It's quite & has a few level choices. Just be careful not to knock it over, I made the mistake and the rotation hasn't quite been the same since but all in all great heater for a good price

Brendan HardyMelbourne

Warm warm warm... loud, has a remote and is efficient.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Kev HMid North Coast, NSW

Not good for large rooms.

I have owned this heater for over a year. As others have noted, this heater is better suited to small rooms. As it doesn't put out very hot air, it requires longer to get the room up to the desired temperature. Thanks to the thermostat, once (if) it reaches the set temperature, it will maintain the set temperature, where most fan heaters simply keep making the room hotter.

I am happy with this heater, though it will not suit if you need to heat a larger room.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Ok heater

Brought this heater last winter, didnt like it that much comparing to price,my baby accidnetly tipped it and its stand/base was broken So delicate,i Cant remeber but i think i paid more than 180. ITS HAS some wonderful option,can controll by remote,eco mode.But feels heat slowly.its ok for a Room ,but not for a lounge.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

JohnMonash University

Great for small rooms

The heater is best suited for small rooms. It doesn't go extremely hot but it helps circulate the heat around the room quite evenly. I wouldn't recommend the heater for larger rooms though because the temperature even at its maximum setting does not go incredibly hot compared other heaters I've used in the past.

It is a quiet heater though, no noises from what I hear.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Pete Dee

Pete DeeSydney

Nice heater which punches above it's weight

I bought this heater as a replacement for another (larger) one that broke. At first it looked too small and so I tried it side-by-side with others of varying sizes (bigger elements, etc.). This one stood out power as it pushed hotter air, further. We use it to heat a fairly large open plan living area and it's good at close proximity and if you leave it run for about 30 mins, it does a great job of warming the room. It'd easily get a bedroom very warm in no time.

John

Really good product - does what it says it will do

We purchased this product for our office - it is an open space office, where we are exposed to external temperatures (hot in summer, cold in winter) and this heater has been perfect for our needs. It is great for small spaces, but does not seem to have too far a reach. I find it very helpful in keeping the room warm without becoming too dehydrating like other similar products.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good for small rooms, rotation stopped working within warranty period

We bought this heater to help heat small rooms in winter and it did the job fine. It is a little on the noisy side but not that bad. We also found the remote control convenient.

After about 9 months it stopped rotating, we don't know why. It was never subject to moving or rough use, so it is a mystery why it suddenly stopped working.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Marisa

MarisaHornsby

I returned it

I bought this heater 2 days ago ignoring some of these comments. But I was utterly underwhelmed. Even at the highest setting and temperature it felt warm not hot. The store didn't put too much of a fight so I'm happy about that. It's kinda loud too. It looks pretty but that's about it.

Timeless Traveler

Timeless TravelerAdelaide, South Australia

Best heater for my needs, has a remote so handy it heats my caravan so quickly, I did have a 5 fin oil heater was ok but didn't heat up like this thing DeLonghi, and is pretty quiet i guess , enough to watch tv without it bothering me, so in my opinion its a winner.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Rob j

Rob j

Do not waste your money on this under performing heater

Purchased this DeLonghi 2400w heater from Harvey Norman just before winter of 2016. We generally have our heater sitting no more than 2 metres away when watching tv. You would not even know this heater was in the room!!! And that is running it on the highest temp. I am not exaggerating when i say if you are more than 1 metre away, you can not even feel the fan pushing air. And the fan is so loud, you need to hear it to believe it. In the end we used it for 1 month, then i went and purchased a Goldair radiant heater for half the price, & it absolutely leaves the DeLonghi garbage for dead!!!! This product is the absolute definition of "all show, and no go" Save your money & don't even consider this garbage. Rob.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Matt

MattBathurst

Great Heater

It's great for small to medium rooms, don't expect this heater to heat up the whole house but for a bedroom / living room with closed space no open doors it would take roughly half an hour to get warm or hot even. Comes with a remote which is even better, Best choice in my opinion 5/5 :-)

Cold Toes

Cold ToesSydney

Waste of money

I replaced a small fan heater for this model and would have to say not only a waste of money but wasted of my time in buying it then assembling the unit. If you sit about 500 mm from the heater it is ok, though even sitting a 1 mtr away there is no heat.
Keep on looking.

Top Heater / Fan

Had this for over a year now and it seems to work a charm! Cant recommend this enough!
For the price and the options it has, it is a total gem. Have had ceramic heaters in the past, but the fact that the temperature can be adjusted (even using a remote control) and its eco mode function, make it a really good heater. Fan option is also available although very basic.

Surprised with some of the negative reviews on here.

kate

kateasked

ok so i bought this heater. and i cant believe how toxic the smell of the plastic is? did anyone else find this??

Synd J.
Synd J.

yes that it why I am searching to see if anyone else had this problem - though I have only used it a couple of nights so hoping the bad small goes away. I am afraid I am getting poisoned by toxic plastic.

gjenki

gjenkiasked

My de longhi ceramic heater works fairly well - but the remote is another story. I have removed the battery cover (as per the instructions) to peel off the thin film that protects the battery but replacing the cover appears to be impossible! there is no screw thread or obvious retaining lugs and even aligning the cover with the printed icons on the back of the remote is futile. Am I the only user to have this problem?

Morsy

Morsyasked

what is the quietest electric heater to run?

Jung

Delonghi... it doesnt make noise..But you might will ,after seeing the bill..

Kev H

I haven't used many other fan heaters, so really can't say how the TCH8093ER compares. I can tell you that I have not been bothered by the fan noise, which doesn't increase in volume as the temperature is increased. It is certainly quieter than any other fan heater that I have owned. Unfortunately, you can't try the fan heaters in store, before buying so comparing the fan volume & intrusiveness is not usually possible in store (perhaps you could ask the salesperson if you could try the models that you like, before buying).

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Brendan Hardy

I don't think the delonghi is overly bad with its fan. The nature of any fan is that it blows air so there is always a rushing air sound, though somehow the newer Dyson heater or combo heater/cooler fans have very little sound... I think that's the next one I would buy but they are costly. $200 for the delonghi compared to $600 or more for the Dyson. The other options are coil or upright heaters with oil components etc, they tend to be silent but in my research weren't as energy efficient. It's a real shame you can't test them in store because they really are a hit and a miss some times, you can exchange most so be critical when you first buy and utilise the right to be satisfied.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters
Heater TypeCeramic & Fan and Portable
Colour / Finish Black
Dimensions 695 x 275 x 269 mm
FeaturesThermostat
Additional FeaturesAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Tip Over Protection
Number of Heat Settings3