DeLonghi TCH8093ER

DeLonghi TCH8093ER

MPN: TCH8093ER

Heaters Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of heater would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.5

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed2/5 - 5/5 (5)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (1) · No (4)
Sissi W.

Sissi W.

Great heater

The heater can warm up straight away once turns on the machine! And it can heat up a small room within a few minutes, heat up big room within 10 minutes, very happy with this product! And no smells even when I use it at the first time. But the only thing is the digital window is too bright at night :(

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Paul.C.South East Queensland, QLD

This is great for the bedroom,quiet and heats up very quickly

It can also be used in the living room,has adjustable temperatures and oscillating functions and can also be used for cooling in warmer days.There are some cheaper models but after a while of using they the oscillating they start to make a grinding noise .

Purchased in May 2018 at Catch.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
Don

DonVIC, 3023

Perfect

I purchased two of these heaters from Costco recently. They are a bit pricey so I was not sure what to expect.
However, the heaters are great. Easy to set up, portable, the fan is fairly strong, it comes with eco plus function, remote control. It's really meant for smaller rooms and not a living room.

Sudarshan K.Central Queensland, QLD

Lemon it is.. keeps turning off for no reason. Do not buy at all.

Only effective for small area.
Not good for high usage.. will be surprised even if it last for a year for others.. mine broke with in a year.
It's a worst purchase ever.

Purchased in August 2017 at Farmer Jack’s for A$275.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
Smell Yes
Riannon B.

Riannon B.Sydney, NSW

Small but mighty

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$179.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

this product is perfect

The heater is amazing. It keeps me and my pets very warm. It heats up my living great. I’m very satisfied with the heater. I’ve used other brands and they all died within a couple weeks. I’ve had this for more then a couple weeks and it’s doing great.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$100.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

Fan is extremely weak

Product looks nice, operations and controls are nice, swinging function is nice, however, the fan output is EXTREMELY weak, even on max fan setting.

Sitting 2m away, you can literally not feel any air movement at all - cool or hot.

I assume the unit has one or two small fans, due to the tall narrow shape of the device. Older (and significantly cheaper) blow heaters have a much larger, single fan, that blows much more air.

In addition to this, when the heater is in standby (off, but still connected to 240v), it emits a very faint buzz, which was the straw that broke the camel's back - I plan to take this back today.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Very happy with this heater

This heater is excellent for a small to medium room.
Have had 3 other brands in the last 5 years and they all died within 1-2 winters and never put out anywhere near the heat of this one.
The fan is noisy when on high and I agree with others that the lack of a safety cutout if it were to be knocked over is a definite failing. Since we only have adults in the house we can live with that but if we had children around I would have probably not bought this one.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
JJ

JJSouth Australia

OK for smaller rooms

The remote control and electronic controls are great and the performance is good. The unit struggles to keep a large room at a good temperature. Overall I would say that it is fit for purpose in that it is quiet, has good controls and features and is only intended as a localised heater.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

mollye6

mollye6Central, SA

Perfect heat everytime

This item is perfect for small rooms. We use it in our bedroom for 5 mins before we go to bed and it heats up the whole room. Great price for a great brand could not be happier with our purchase. Would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an efficient small room heater

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Wild607

Wild607Adelaide

Keeping me warm

In general this heater is great but not ideal for heating up a larger room. It's quite & has a few level choices. Just be careful not to knock it over, I made the mistake and the rotation hasn't quite been the same since but all in all great heater for a good price

Brendan Hardy

Brendan HardyMelbourne

Warm warm warm... loud, has a remote and is efficient.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Kev H

Kev HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good for large rooms.

I have owned this heater for over a year. As others have noted, this heater is better suited to small rooms. As it doesn't put out very hot air, it requires longer to get the room up to the desired temperature. Thanks to the thermostat, once (if) it reaches the set temperature, it will maintain the set temperature, where most fan heaters simply keep making the room hotter.

I am happy with this heater, though it will not suit if you need to heat a larger room.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Jung

Jung

Ok heater

Brought this heater last winter, didnt like it that much comparing to price,my baby accidnetly tipped it and its stand/base was broken So delicate,i Cant remeber but i think i paid more than 180. ITS HAS some wonderful option,can controll by remote,eco mode.But feels heat slowly.its ok for a Room ,but not for a lounge.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

JohnMonash University

Great for small rooms

The heater is best suited for small rooms. It doesn't go extremely hot but it helps circulate the heat around the room quite evenly. I wouldn't recommend the heater for larger rooms though because the temperature even at its maximum setting does not go incredibly hot compared other heaters I've used in the past.

It is a quiet heater though, no noises from what I hear.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Pete Dee

Pete DeeSydney

Nice heater which punches above it's weight

I bought this heater as a replacement for another (larger) one that broke. At first it looked too small and so I tried it side-by-side with others of varying sizes (bigger elements, etc.). This one stood out power as it pushed hotter air, further. We use it to heat a fairly large open plan living area and it's good at close proximity and if you leave it run for about 30 mins, it does a great job of warming the room. It'd easily get a bedroom very warm in no time.

John

Really good product - does what it says it will do

We purchased this product for our office - it is an open space office, where we are exposed to external temperatures (hot in summer, cold in winter) and this heater has been perfect for our needs. It is great for small spaces, but does not seem to have too far a reach. I find it very helpful in keeping the room warm without becoming too dehydrating like other similar products.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good for small rooms, rotation stopped working within warranty period

We bought this heater to help heat small rooms in winter and it did the job fine. It is a little on the noisy side but not that bad. We also found the remote control convenient.

After about 9 months it stopped rotating, we don't know why. It was never subject to moving or rough use, so it is a mystery why it suddenly stopped working.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Marisa

MarisaHornsby

I returned it

I bought this heater 2 days ago ignoring some of these comments. But I was utterly underwhelmed. Even at the highest setting and temperature it felt warm not hot. The store didn't put too much of a fight so I'm happy about that. It's kinda loud too. It looks pretty but that's about it.

Timeless Traveler

Timeless TravelerAdelaide, South Australia

Best heater for my needs, has a remote so handy it heats my caravan so quickly, I did have a 5 fin oil heater was ok but didn't heat up like this thing DeLonghi, and is pretty quiet i guess , enough to watch tv without it bothering me, so in my opinion its a winner.

Date PurchasedJun 2015