DeLonghi TCH8093ER

MPN: TCH8093ER

5 questions from our users

Tangy

Tangyasked

I've only had the heater two days and when I tried to switch the temperature down tonight a yellow key appeared beside the temperature and it stopped working. Now I can't switch it back on. Even if I unplug it first it seems to remember the setting. Does anyone know what the key means and how to get rid of it?

Paul.C.
Paul.C.

I’m sorry Tangy,but I don’t seem to have any answers for this problem you have,try and switch it back to high,if that doesn’t work then it may be a faulty unit and I suggest you send it back for a replacement.
Regards,Paul.

Denise S

Denise Sasked

Can you use this heater as a cooling fan?

Sudarshan K.
Sudarshan K.

Yes it does... will say it works better as fan than heater

kate

kateasked

ok so i bought this heater. and i cant believe how toxic the smell of the plastic is? did anyone else find this??

Synd J.
Synd J.

yes that it why I am searching to see if anyone else had this problem - though I have only used it a couple of nights so hoping the bad small goes away. I am afraid I am getting poisoned by toxic plastic.

gjenki

gjenkiasked

My de longhi ceramic heater works fairly well - but the remote is another story. I have removed the battery cover (as per the instructions) to peel off the thin film that protects the battery but replacing the cover appears to be impossible! there is no screw thread or obvious retaining lugs and even aligning the cover with the printed icons on the back of the remote is futile. Am I the only user to have this problem?

Morsy

Morsyasked

what is the quietest electric heater to run?

Jung
Jung

Delonghi... it doesnt make noise..But you might will ,after seeing the bill..

Kev H
Kev H

I haven't used many other fan heaters, so really can't say how the TCH8093ER compares. I can tell you that I have not been bothered by the fan noise, which doesn't increase in volume as the temperature is increased. It is certainly quieter than any other fan heater that I have owned. Unfortunately, you can't try the fan heaters in store, before buying so comparing the fan volume & intrusiveness is not usually possible in store (perhaps you could ask the salesperson if you could try the models that you like, before buying).

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Brendan Hardy
Brendan Hardy

I don't think the delonghi is overly bad with its fan. The nature of any fan is that it blows air so there is always a rushing air sound, though somehow the newer Dyson heater or combo heater/cooler fans have very little sound... I think that's the next one I would buy but they are costly. $200 for the delonghi compared to $600 or more for the Dyson. The other options are coil or upright heaters with oil components etc, they tend to be silent but in my research weren't as energy efficient. It's a real shame you can't test them in store because they really are a hit and a miss some times, you can exchange most so be critical when you first buy and utilise the right to be satisfied.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives