DeLonghi TCH8093ER

DeLonghi TCH8093ER (page 2 of 2)

MPN: TCH8093ER

Top Heater / Fan

Had this for over a year now and it seems to work a charm! Cant recommend this enough!
For the price and the options it has, it is a total gem. Have had ceramic heaters in the past, but the fact that the temperature can be adjusted (even using a remote control) and its eco mode function, make it a really good heater. Fan option is also available although very basic.

Surprised with some of the negative reviews on here.

RadicalReviewer

RadicalReviewerSydney, NSW

Best fan heater I have had!

I love this heater. Digital temp is great and able to set it at 18, low power, eco and it does a brillant job of taking the chill off the room. Heats the room extremely fast and keeps it cosy without being stuffy. Looks nice aswell. Reviewer below has obviously never used a fan heater, or ever used one correctly. Your not meant to feel the direct heat from it, it heats the air in the room...

CH Girl

CH GirlSydney, NSW

Bad

Bad heater as it drys the air and the floor stays cold, it irritated my eys. as a fan it's a lousy fan that barely pushes the air. Energy wise, it comes with Eco feature but it consumes hell of electricity.
The worst purchase I've ever made

Consumer_user

Consumer_user

OK, but not wow.

kate

kateasked

ok so i bought this heater. and i cant believe how toxic the smell of the plastic is? did anyone else find this??

Synd J.
Synd J.

yes that it why I am searching to see if anyone else had this problem - though I have only used it a couple of nights so hoping the bad small goes away. I am afraid I am getting poisoned by toxic plastic.

gjenki

gjenkiasked

My de longhi ceramic heater works fairly well - but the remote is another story. I have removed the battery cover (as per the instructions) to peel off the thin film that protects the battery but replacing the cover appears to be impossible! there is no screw thread or obvious retaining lugs and even aligning the cover with the printed icons on the back of the remote is futile. Am I the only user to have this problem?

Morsy

Morsyasked

what is the quietest electric heater to run?

Jung
Jung

Delonghi... it doesnt make noise..But you might will ,after seeing the bill..

Kev H
Kev H

I haven't used many other fan heaters, so really can't say how the TCH8093ER compares. I can tell you that I have not been bothered by the fan noise, which doesn't increase in volume as the temperature is increased. It is certainly quieter than any other fan heater that I have owned. Unfortunately, you can't try the fan heaters in store, before buying so comparing the fan volume & intrusiveness is not usually possible in store (perhaps you could ask the salesperson if you could try the models that you like, before buying).

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Brendan Hardy
Brendan Hardy

I don't think the delonghi is overly bad with its fan. The nature of any fan is that it blows air so there is always a rushing air sound, though somehow the newer Dyson heater or combo heater/cooler fans have very little sound... I think that's the next one I would buy but they are costly. $200 for the delonghi compared to $600 or more for the Dyson. The other options are coil or upright heaters with oil components etc, they tend to be silent but in my research weren't as energy efficient. It's a real shame you can't test them in store because they really are a hit and a miss some times, you can exchange most so be critical when you first buy and utilise the right to be satisfied.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Heaters
Heater TypeCeramic & Fan and Portable
Colour / Finish Black
Dimensions 695 x 275 x 269 mm
FeaturesThermostat
Additional FeaturesAnti-Frost Function, Digital Control Panel and Tip Over Protection
Number of Heat Settings3