2.2

31% · 2246 · 65%
Brand Manager for Delta Air Lines? Claim your listing.

Nick C

jpMelbourne

quazi ozzi
quazi ozzimanchester, nh

Pleasantly Surprised

I usually fly United to Australia, but gave Delta a try this time out and was pleasantly surprised.

Flight was less expensive, brand new 777, seats were wider, more leg room, and the flight staff couldn't have been more attentive, welcoming, and helpful. They took very good care of us all.

I had to make two connecting, continental flights to LAX before flying onto Sydney and these Delta flight were also excellent.

I'll definitely fly them again. Good job, Delta!
On-time, helpful, welcoming, less expensive, more leg room, wider seats, great cabin staff.

jvdv01
jvdv0150 posts

BARBARA
BARBARAQueensland4 posts

tomlogue
tomlogue

good onya delta

Many thanks delta- i booked Syd to las and somehow mixed up my return date- the staff at delta were awesome in fixing my mistake up, they even waived the additional fee- you have my loyalty forever -again thank you and well done .i have flown many airlines on the Syd-usa long-haul and continue to favor and recommend delta
great customer service
Cathy J
Cathy J3 posts

Had no issues

I flew Sydney to Manchester in 2010 via LA and Atlanta and returned from Man to Sydney via Houston...didn't have any problems , service good, food reasonable..would fly with them again.. I did have doubts before I flew with them. But was pleasantly surprised ...not my .number one airline but a definite in my top 5 airlines ....has a hand up on one of the big European airlines I have flown with in the past. When stopping off in Houston my bags missed the connecting flight from Atlanta, but they came on the next flight ..
Friendly service, good food , great entertainment service.
They only problem I had was on port of entry into the US , when we had to re check our bags off the flight and back on again,
C Prentice

bob b9AU

Rupinder75
Rupinder75Blacktown, NSW Australia2 posts

This was a long travel

I was traveling with Delta Airlines from Los Angeles to Sydney International Flight. We all passengers boarded the plane, announcement was done that entertainment system is broken down and we are trying to fix it, apologies for any inconvenience,and guess what people, it didn't work at all so we traveled for 14 hours with no entertainment, no music no movies, just sleeping and drinking Juice and beer lol. Thank god it was a night flight so had chance to sleep. I don't mind traveling with Delta again as long as thir systems are working. All systems including engines..haha

Entertainment System broke down

DiB
DiBAustralia

TBlacker
TBlacker4 posts

Good

I flew Sydney to LA and back again on Delta, both ways the service was great both with drinks and food. At check in the staff were more then willing to help with a seating issue caused by my travel agent (I was traveling with someone and according to our booking we weren't seated together). A good range of movies and other content to watch while flying. A fair ammount of leg room which made falling asleep possible. Left on time if not a bit early and landing was on time also.
Friendly staff, acceptable food, comfortable seats, screens in the back of the headrest.
At one point on both flights the entertainment system crashed, but they were able to fix it.
Ross77
Ross77AU

Peter-Fran
Peter-Fran

Fantastic airline!!

We flew with Delta in January and Febuary this year! Syd-LA-NY-SF-Syd!!

I am a very nervous flyer! But Delta has great aircraft 777-200LR. I didn't feel a thing all flight so smooth! Food was good! FA are friendly! We would fly with Delta again in a heart beat!! Well done ..
reliable! Inexpensive.

Xx LoVe PiNk xXSYDNEY

jiminoz
jiminozDarling Downs, QLD77 posts

OK

Delta Airlines is a typical US airline. It is safe, reliable, and affordable, but if you have any trouble they can be surly and unhelpful. Because their system is so large and extensive, if you happen to miss a flight they can usually get you on a later flight or to your destination by another routing. It will be good to have them come to Australia as they do have experience as an international carrier and competition is always good!
Extensive route system throughout the USA, good schedules to Europe, and coming to Australia later in the year.
Like most airlines in the USA, the domestic service is spartan unless you want to pay. You probably will have to connect in Atlanta, Cincinnati, or Salt Lake City to get most anywhere in the USA.
Domestic Airlines

Find out how Delta Air Lines compares to other Domestic Airlines

Carol543
Carol543AU10 posts

I flew Delta a few years ago and they were fantastic. The food was great, the service was efficient and I will always be grateful to them for helping me when I was late to the airport. With the Christmas season and most places snowed in there were an unprecedented number of passengers and the airport was ridiculously crowded. Upon talking to others in a slow moving line, they all agreed there was no way I would make my flight. A Delta attendant nearby overhead and took me to the front of the Delta line. I ran like mad through customs and just made my flight thanks to their attentive service.
Great service, comfortable flight
Pinky101
Pinky10188 posts

Good

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our flight left on time and got to our destination slightly ahead of time which meant more time to have fun. It was easy to book and the food was actually ok, big surprise for airplane food!
It was easy to book our flights, the flights were on time and we actually arrived faster than expected which was great. The staff were friendly.
The seats felt a little more squished or smaller than other airlines, but then I was in a not so great mood for other reasons, so might have just been me.
djldjl
djldjlBarkly, NT30 posts

I had the good fortune to be switched from NorthWest to Delta when they were merging. The pros for Delta are that they do not treat you like cattle and they feed you complimentary food that is actually quite nice. They were on time, courteous, helpful and not at all put out by being asked questions. Also very accommodating of you ask to change seats- I highly recommend Delta and would fly with them again.
great service, on time, friendly staff, free edible food!
Nothing much- seats are small but they weren't any more cramped than toher airlines and less cramped than some.
AndyinBangkok
AndyinBangkokAU5 posts

Not the best

It is reliable, safe but expensive (value for money not good). Customer support very poor, if you have any trouble they are unhelpful.
Good schedules to Europe
Extensive, You will have to connect in Atlanta, Cincinnati, or Salt Lake City to get most anywhere in the USA
tasmaid
tasmaid86 posts

Good

Overall great we bought a travel pass from LA across the states and back to Vegas unfortunatly flight from Salt Lake City to Vegas on a friday afternoon was double booked they were offering anyone willing to give up a seat a return trip anywhere in the states at another time however us being on a schedule could not take up on the offer lucky for me I made my seat first and was not long before a young man told me I was in his seat..a hostess came along and took him away not sure where terminal I guess..apart from tha no problems at all..
Friendly staff good aircraft