Dermal Therapy Australia Body Care Range

6 questions from our users

Kay

Kayasked

Hi
I suffer with hidradenitis supprativa. Will this spray be suitable for this skin condition

Hi Kay,
Can I assume you are enquiring about the crystal deodorant spray?
In what regard are you concerned? Efficacy of the spray? Burning / irritation? If you could share more details and/ or contact our customer service department for more specific information. You can contact us on customerservice@lacoriumhealth.com

Vienna M.
Vienna M.

I would talk to a dermatologist or GP about it first. I would not be using any cream like product (unless specifically advised by a medical professional) on lesions which might have broken skin.
But like customer service said, give them a call and have a chat because they do have some great products!
With any medical condition it is important first to seek medical advice but absolutely no harm in seeing what they have to suggest and giving your GP a quick call to confirm.
Sorry this wasn't a yes or no answer but hope it helps.
All the best :)

Hi Vienna,
Thank you for your advice. Appreciate you, as a nurse, weighing in here.
Kind Regards,

Stephenasked

Body Care Range

This contains alum...is this aluminum?

Valerie
Valerie

Hi Stephen, I just double checked my Dermal "Very Dry Skin Lotion" and I did NOT find any mention of Aluminum in the Ingredients.

Stephen

It mentions Alum on the label...just wondering what the relationship is?

Dianaasked

Body Care Range

I have been using Dermal Crystal Deodorant for over 10 years and have many quarter-half empty sticks. My question is how long will a stick las? I never seem to get to the end of one but buy another one because I'm unsure whether to keep using one that has not got below the top of the plastic container.

Hi Diana,
You can use the Crystal Deodorant Stick all the way to the end. There is no "use by" so you can keep it as long as it lasts, which as you have noticed is a long time.

Diana

Thank you, appreciate the response.

Diana

I have checked every Dermal Crystal Deodorant and cannot find a use by date on any of them.

Graeme T.asked

Body Care Range

I have a question for you it has to do with the body wash product and lotion product. Could you tell me what is the difference between the two body washes and the skin lotions.

Thanks Graeme

Hi Graeme,
I'm assuming you are asking between the dry skin lotion and the sensitive skin lotion and, soap free wash and sensitive skin wash. Both the lotions and the washes have been renamed as part of our rebranded with a name change to sensitive skin. They're the same formulations as they were prior to the rebrand.

Graeme T.

Thanks for your reply. I just started using your product. I never heard of this brand until my dermatologists recommended the very dry skin cream for my dry palms. I have to to say this my second day using it and the dryness looks alot better.

So basically there is really no difference between the two body washes and the two lotions.

Graeme

Hi Graeme,
Glad you found us.
Yes, you are correct, no difference. Some stores might stock one and some others while we run stocks down.

Vicki Grumittasked

Body Care Range

What does no harmful aluminium mean, I gathered that it does have aluminium in it. Is that right?

Hi Vicki,

I will try and answer your question by explaining the difference between traditional deodorants containing aluminium and our crystal deodorants containing alum.

Most traditional deodorants contain aluminum chlorohydrate/aluminum zirconium, whose compounds enter the pores and physically block or clog them to reduce the flow of perspiration. In essence, they inhibit the body's natural expulsion of toxins.

Our crystal deodorants contain Alum, the chemical name of which is potassium alum or potassium aluminum sulfate. Alum is a natural compound made up of natural mineral salts which, when combined, form an entirely new mineral compound. The molecules of alum are too large to be absorbed into the skin.

I hope this information is useful in understanding the statement around no harmful aluminium.

Vicki Grumitt

Thank you for your explanation. I just didn't want to use the deodorant if it contained aluminium in it.

Amy

Amyasked

Body Care Range

Hi my mom is having psoriasis for about 5 years will this work for her...?

Hi Amy,
I am not sure which product you are looking at but can suggest https://dermaltherapy.com.au/products/eczema-prone-skin-care/eczema-psoriasis-cream

See all Dermal Therapy Australia questions