Dermal Therapy Australia Questions & Answers

Little Bodies Children’s Skin Care Range, Lip Care Range, Body Care Range, etc...

15 questions from our users

Deanna Z.

Deanna Z.asked

Can I use Dia Balm on my lower legs, they are very dry. Thank you
Deanna Zivec

Hi Deanna,
Our recommendation would be to use either the cream for very dry skin or the lotion for very dry skin. These products are more appropriate for the skin on your legs as opposed to the DiaBalm which has a higher urea percentage for the thick skin of the foot.
You can see our very dry skin care range here: https://dermaltherapy.com.au/products/very-dry-skin-care

Dian

Dianasked

Dermal Therapy Australia

Which product is the best to use on eyelids that are dry and itchy as a reaction to face wash?

Hi Dian,
Dermal Therapy Face & Eyelid Eczema Cream is specially made for that area.

Elizabeth G.asked

Hi There,
Has anyone used the Dermal Scalp relief? I am suffering with severe dry scalp due to my eczema. Before I go out and throw down all this money on product again as I have USED IT ALL. It would be great to hear if it has helped anyone :)

Anyone?

Hi Elizabeth,
As this product is very new to the market, there is a good chance that not too many people have tried it yet and hence why you have not had any responses here yet.

Kay_J

Kay_Jasked

Dermal Therapy Australia

Are your scalp products pregnancy safe?

Hi Kay,
The scalp products do not contain any ingredients known to pose a health safety concern. However, they have not specifically been assessed for safety for use during pregnancy.
We recommend checking with your health professional before use if you have existing health conditions. Read the directions for use before use.

Lynn Wasked

Dermal Therapy Australia

Can you use dermal therapy on your face? The skin on my face has become extremely dry and nothing else is working. I use your cream on my body and love it.

Hi Lynn,
It would depend on what products you are looking at. Some are mild enough to use on your face but since our products have not specifically been developed and intended for use on the face, they have not been tested to be non comedogenic - meaning tested to confirm that they won't block the pores of the skin on your face.
The sensitive skin lotion, by ingredients should not block the pores but since it is not tested, we cannot confirm this is the case. You could try and see how it goes for you.
If you feel your skin could be suffering from some eczema, you could give our face and eyelid eczema cream a try.

Lynn W

Thank you very much. I’ll try that.

Shannon W.

Shannon W.asked

Little Bodies Children’s Skin Care Range

Hi can this cream be used on the scalp?

Hi Shannon,
The Dermal Therapy Little Bodies Eczema Relief Cream provides relief from the symptoms of mild eczema on the skin however it can be difficult to apply to on the scalp if the child has hair on the scalp.
Depending on the age of the child, you could also consider using Dermal Therapy Scalp Relief Serum which can be used from 3 years and above as per the safety assessment report. Please read directions before use.
Details for this product can be found here: https://dermaltherapy.com.au/products/scalp-care/scalp-relief-serum

Dianaasked

Body Care Range

I have been using Dermal Crystal Deodorant for over 10 years and have many quarter-half empty sticks. My question is how long will a stick las? I never seem to get to the end of one but buy another one because I'm unsure whether to keep using one that has not got below the top of the plastic container.

Hi Diana,
You can use the Crystal Deodorant Stick all the way to the end. There is no "use by" so you can keep it as long as it lasts, which as you have noticed is a long time.

Diana

Thank you, appreciate the response.

Diana

I have checked every Dermal Crystal Deodorant and cannot find a use by date on any of them.

Gina Basked

Foot Care Range

I just had a pedicure, will the exfoliating foot mask affect the nail polish?

Hi,
By pedicure, do you mean that you have just had your nails painted or, you have also had the skin exfoliated etc?
We wouldn't recommend using the foot mask immediately after a pedicure when your skin might be sensitive.
The mask contains alcohols which could definitely have an effect on the mail polish.

Gina B

It was just nail polish. Thanks.

Graeme T.asked

Body Care Range

I have a question for you it has to do with the body wash product and lotion product. Could you tell me what is the difference between the two body washes and the skin lotions.

Thanks Graeme

Hi Graeme,
I'm assuming you are asking between the dry skin lotion and the sensitive skin lotion and, soap free wash and sensitive skin wash. Both the lotions and the washes have been renamed as part of our rebranded with a name change to sensitive skin. They're the same formulations as they were prior to the rebrand.

Graeme T.

Thanks for your reply. I just started using your product. I never heard of this brand until my dermatologists recommended the very dry skin cream for my dry palms. I have to to say this my second day using it and the dryness looks alot better.

So basically there is really no difference between the two body washes and the two lotions.

Graeme

Hi Graeme,
Glad you found us.
Yes, you are correct, no difference. Some stores might stock one and some others while we run stocks down.

Vicki Grumittasked

Body Care Range

What does no harmful aluminium mean, I gathered that it does have aluminium in it. Is that right?

Hi Vicki,

I will try and answer your question by explaining the difference between traditional deodorants containing aluminium and our crystal deodorants containing alum.

Most traditional deodorants contain aluminum chlorohydrate/aluminum zirconium, whose compounds enter the pores and physically block or clog them to reduce the flow of perspiration. In essence, they inhibit the body's natural expulsion of toxins.

Our crystal deodorants contain Alum, the chemical name of which is potassium alum or potassium aluminum sulfate. Alum is a natural compound made up of natural mineral salts which, when combined, form an entirely new mineral compound. The molecules of alum are too large to be absorbed into the skin.

I hope this information is useful in understanding the statement around no harmful aluminium.

Vicki Grumitt

Thank you for your explanation. I just didn't want to use the deodorant if it contained aluminium in it.

Amy

Amyasked

Body Care Range

Hi my mom is having psoriasis for about 5 years will this work for her...?

Hi Amy,
I am not sure which product you are looking at but can suggest https://dermaltherapy.com.au/products/eczema-prone-skin-care/eczema-psoriasis-cream

Linda A

Linda Aasked

Foot Care Range

Can you use dermal therapy on you legs? I am having so much trouble with swelling making my legs badly dry. I have type 1 diabetes and have ended up with infections due to the dryness.

Hi Linda,
For very dry skin on legs, we would suggest using Dermal Therapy Very Dry Skin Cream or Dermal Therapy Very Dry Skin Lotion.
Our advice is general and we would strongly advise that you talk with a health care professional in relation to your specific circumstances given you are suffering with diabetes.

BDM

BDMasked

Little Bodies Children’s Skin Care Range

I am disappointed that nowhere can I find a Full List of ingredients of your entire range. Just listing active ingredients is dishonest by omittance in my opinion.

Hi BDM,
Apologies for this.
Our products are TGA listed items and our website and packaging follow the guidelines given by TGA for registered products which is to advertise active ingredients.
I will ensure that your concerns are passed on and see what we are able to do in relation to sharing the full ingredients list more widely.
In the interim, if you would like the complete listed emailed to you please drop us a note to info@littlebodies.com.au and our customer service team will ensure they get this off to you.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hi BDM,
Further to your contacting us, I wanted to let you know that our website has now been updated and contains full product ingredients lists. I hope this is helpful.

Fatim

Fatimasked

Little Bodies Children’s Skin Care Range

I’m sure if my one month old son has eczema or not but he has rush on his skin and I feel like all the products I got are making it worse please help.

Hi Fatim,
Apologies that your enquiry was missed and never responded to.
I hope you have managed to sort out your babies skin.
We would always recommend you see a healthcare professional for advise as our advise can only be general.

Sam

Samasked

Little Bodies Children’s Skin Care Range

My kid have eczema and I brought they said it dying when I put it on them is this normal? I've tried everything

Customer ServiceLittle Bodies

Hi Sam, Thank you for being in contact. My apologies, I don't completely understand your question. It appears you have bought Little Bodies but have some concern. I'm just unsure of what your question is. Would you be able to please call our customer service line on 1300 241 519 so we can help you further. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Dermal Therapy Australia representatives